Installation Problem

• I recently bought a new computer and decided to download Project SWG again. But when I got the launcher installation from that website it says "Error Invoking Method" and "Failed To Launch JVM". How do I i fix this so I can play this again?

• I'm no expert on the launcher, but it could sound like you don't have a valid JRE (Java Runtime Environment). You don't need the JDK if you're not developing - just the JRE will be fine.

I don't know which version the launcher wants at minimum, but I suggest trying to get the newest version and trying again.

xI45L74.png

• I downloaded the JRE from the website and tried installing the launcher again, but the error still pops up. Do I need to have the JRE in a certain folder or not?

• If you used the JRE installer for Windows then you should be fine, no matter where you installed it. Maybe something else is wrong.

xI45L74.png

• What else could be wrong? It's been a year of travelling around the world without this game and now it won't work.

• Default directory? Mine didn't have one. Where's yours?

I have it installed on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. All are 64 bit operating systems, and the JRE is 64.

The default drive was on my system(s). Honestly I don't recall if it gave me an option for the installation. I just didn't change anything, so it is what I would call the default.
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91 is the 64 bit path.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91 is the 32 bit path.

I just install 0.9.6 on a computer with only 64 bit java, and it installed successfully. Plus the version of java is 7. I need to update that.

Where I was going with this is if it mattered if it was 64 bit or 32 bit. I need to find an XP machine...

Also, sorry if none of this helps. I'm just trying to gather the facts of what I have on my computer. My biggest problem is Norton. Norton really does not like new SWG installation software. Doesn't matter who supplies it. If it is new, has few installations, and maybe contacts the internet, it falls on the side of caution. Now to find an XP computer with Star Wars Galaxy Online.

Followup: I was able to find an XP computer, but I had no luck. It is an OLD computer, Pentium 4. It was the computer we first installed SWG on in December 2003 for my son. This is a funky old computer. The main thing was I wanted to install pswg on a 32 bit machine.

Edited once, last by pcgoblin ().

• I am using windows 10 and for the second question. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs."

• Where would I search for solutions? I've looked up the error message and all that has come up was stuff about coding.

• Maybe you could "create an association in the Default Programs", as the error message suggests. Check if the file type ".jar" is associated with a Java Platform Binary.

xI45L74.png

• I've done some googling to try and find an answer, but all of the results are for people developing programs, not trying to launch they haven't made.

• I am using windows 10 and for the second question. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs."

It sounds like your PATH variable isn't setup for Java, but we can't be too sure without seeing it firsthand. I would set your JAVA_HOME and add JAVA_HOME to your path. Check this StackOverflow post for some more information: http://stackoverflow.com/quest…et-java-home-on-windows-7