What's with the CU?

• Played during the CU back in the day, and enjoyed it a lot. However I'm curious as to what the deal is with it anyway, and what's it doing mentioned here in development. I thought PSWG is a late NGE era emulator...
    just curious is all, as the "CU" got my attention. ?(

• Very interesting. Will the CU emulator get the same graphics and character model upgrade that the NGE received in 2006?

• Very interesting. Will the CU emulator get the same graphics and character model upgrade that the NGE received in 2006?

Graphics: Which ones?
    Character model upgrade: I don't see why not as it's just a matter of a making a client-side mod.

• Who will be working on the CU version? Just ziggy? And would it be starting from scratch or using what PSWG already has?

Edit: Ah, I see there's an update answering this and more. Anyway, good luck with it!

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• Who will be working on the CU version? Just ziggy?

I've been the only one writing code thus far. In the future the repository will become public and anyone can contribute.

• Graphics: Which ones?Character model upgrade: I don't see why not as it's just a matter of a making a client-side mod.

I remember sometime back in the first half of 2006, SOE did some graphics improvements and upgraded the character models. This means that CU and initial NGE character models didn't look as sharp as the later ones did.

• I remember sometime back in the first half of 2006, SOE did some graphics improvements and upgraded the character models. This means that CU and initial NGE character models didn't look as sharp as the later ones did.

Yep. I'm wondering which graphics you're specifically talking about.

• Yep. I'm wondering which graphics you're specifically talking about.

Well, I can't quite remember specifically, as it's been almost ten years, but I think it was mostly visual improvements. It may have been the time when antialiasing was added to the in-game options, since pre-cu didn't have that option from the options menu. (not sure if CU had AA options from menu) I don't know why I remember it, but I just remember SOE doing something back the first half of '06 to improve the visual quality of the game, of which the character model upgrade was part of.

• Yep. I'm wondering which graphics you're specifically talking about.

He is probably referring to when they changed/updated the player character mesh models and a few other things, for example Ziggy's avatar is of the post-updated mesh.

To answer your question Htoob, this was a post-NGE thing. However there are heat shimmer options (no AA) in the CU client options with Mustafar.

• He is probably referring to when they changed/updated the player character mesh models and a few other things, for example Ziggy's avatar is of the post-updated mesh.
    To answer your question Htoob, this was a post-NGE thing. However there are heat shimmer options (no AA) in the CU client options with Mustafar.

Ah, the mesh updates and the new textures. I see now, thanks.

• I just heard about this project working on a CU flavor of the game. I think thats an excellent step for projectswg.