Whole New Worlds

• This is a very difficult and time consuming project if implemented but can be done in traditional NGE fashion,
    a new world or zone doesn't have to be a entire planetary ecology.
    If you borrow from Star Wars Battlefront,
    you can implement Bespin Cloud City as a orbiting station with a view as with Orion Station.
    And likewise locations such as the planet Coruscant to visit the Jedi Temple,
    can be best rendered down as a Heroic Instance.
    Simply pasting a planet on the star travel map to land on a recolored Dathomir landscape is easier I know,
    but cheapens the SWG experience.
    Each planet in Galaxies represented not only unique flora, fauna, and resources.
    Each provided their own experience and rightfully so,
    I wont mention the EMU's responsible for the watered down planetary content I've experienced.

• Taanab is already in the SWG Client files and was never implemented by SoE, some work is being done on it by one of our very own community member.

b4f10eb17d.png

• Cloud City would make a truly awesome play area, esp if it had *player housing* as part of it. Being able to look out your house window and see the awesome Bespin sunsrise/sunset over the clouds and/or panoramic view of the city...OH YEAH! :r2d2_scan::xwing:8o

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• Cloud City would make a truly awesome play area, esp if it had *player housing* as part of it. Being able to look out your house window and see the awesome Bespin sunsrise/sunset over the clouds and/or panoramic view of the city...OH YEAH! :r2d2_scan::xwing:8o

That reminds me of the when that trailer of "City of the Skies" circulated on Youtube. I honestly never believed it was real.

• That reminds me of the when that trailer of "City of the Skies" circulated on Youtube. I honestly never believed it was real.

I was reminded of that trailer as well. I didn't believe it was legit either, I remember the voice not being very.... "official trailer"-like.

xI45L74.png

• The Tanaab world actually didn't look that bad, but it would still need a lot of work to get to a playable state, right? Obviously there's nothing on there - no buildings, locales, AI, anything.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• The planet Kamino would also make for a very unique and interesting play area, being a waterworld.

OIt9slp.jpg

• in the current development it doesnt make much sense to concentrate on creating new worlds. we (our devs) better concentrate on the main game and its basic stuff so you can play the game asap again

creating new worlds and implementing new races or other stuff is WAY down in our priority list. if someone in the community wants to work on it ... do it ! we wont stop you. we can give you some hints if needed ... but not more. and yeah Taanab is in the current client files. its a fully working empty planet. the environment works. the flora ... the terrain ... lightning. all fine. it just needs to be populated with POIs, buildings, npcs and other stuff. my advice here is that you set up holocore as local server and teleport yourself there so you can explore the planet. make some notes ... and start to work on a concept and some drawings where you want to place towns / POIs on the planet in general. then you can start to think about single buildings. starting to place stuff ingame on your local holocore server is just too early imo. solid concept/plan comes first

• http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taanab

"Someone must have told them about my little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab." ―Lando Calrissian[src]Taanab was a planet of green meadows in the Taanab system. It was primarily used for agriculture and farming. Its populace was known for always maintaining an air of formality. Taanab had problems with seasonal pirate raids from bandits striking from the planet Norulac for millennia prior to the Battle of Taanab.

From the description offered, Taanab has no native Fauna.
    so anything suitable for agriculture will fit in nicely.
    Including Mutant rancor if you read the wiki article,
    as for structures I imagine the Naboo styled sprawling structures would fit best.

• Actually Bloodfin EMU added Hoth, Dromund Kaas, and now Kashyykk to their planetary starmaps.
    However the 1st two are major disappointments' being that Hoth is nothing like the NGE Heroic Instance,
    and Dromund Kaas is just a recolored Dathomir map with odd fauna.
    That being said Kashyykk at 1st looks promising but the lost of zones/dungeons/space sectors along with oribatal/ground quest lines.
    They even added in player housing finalizing Kashyykk as a train wreck without ending,
    Bloodfin's only saving grace to make me ignore their broken Pre CU PvP LS dependant combat modifications,
    is atmospheric flight....

• It's usually implied that new content is for the future, yeah.

Yes I think its generally understood that any potential *added content* would only be for consideration/discussion AFTER the full game has been implemented and running properly.

Its nice to play around with some ideas for the future tho :)

OIt9slp.jpg

• Yes, I hope we stay clear of implementations like Bloodfin and only put in worlds/locations that are actually done well.

b4f10eb17d.png

• Well Kashyykk is 50% having the proper landscape,
    but lacks the deco, fauna, bipeds, quest, loot tables, & adventure areas/levels of the former expansion.
    I spun around on my faction speeder and bee lined for the shuttle to abandon the planet.

• On the other side of the coin, an expanded Star Wars Universe is a very frightening place to be,
    there would exist hundreds of planetary resources, creatures, poi. dozens more habitable worlds and places for hidden enemies to expand their influence.