JTL Capital Ships

• Another more realistic option is a limited damage reduction of 20 - 60% in which the duration is predetermined by the shield manufacturers quality, this is a active attempt at deflection or absorption by the Ops hence the cool down timer.

Cool down Timer 10m   Cool down Timer 10m Cool down Timer 10m
    Standard Shields Reinforced Shields MonCal Shields 
    Damage Reduction   Damage Reduction   Damage Reduction 
    Value 20%   Value 40% Value 60%
    Duration 27 seconds   Duration 1 minute   Dur. 1 minute 42 seconds 

Edited once, last by Tradestealer: Casual reinterpretation ().

• The Battle of Scarif:

What I've noted most about this epic confrontation wasn't the large number of support craft,

the bravery of the rebel star fighter pilots.

Or the decisive victory afforded by the heroic actions of the Hammerhead Corvette crew,

no what I noticed most was the incredible durability of the Profundity.

The Mon Calamari 75 Star Cruiser was no doubt the sole target of two Imperial Star Destroyers,

absorbing both their considerable firepower and star fighter bombardment over Scarif.

This brings to question just how effective was Admiral Raddus's Shielding Systems?

• I lika the way you think. :bravo:

After having watched this battle countless times now (just cause.....it's so awesome ~ the whole movie of course).

The filthy imps were caught off balance; they were just not expecting such a bold attack from the Rebel Alliance. The captains of those Star Destroyers were obviously inexperienced and not expecting trouble and were no match for Admiral Raddus's experience, unconventional battle strategies, and knowledge of starships (including his own of course).

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• its nice to see your effort ... but the SWG engine is super limited for this kind of stuff. also we have a limit of 8 players per group.

most of your ideas are not even possible at all in our code

you better work on your own game and game engine or find another game that supports with these options :D

• its nice to see your effort ... but the SWG engine is super limited for this kind of stuff. also we have a limit of 8 players per group.

most of your ideas are not even possible at all in our code

you better work on your own game and game engine or find another game that supports with these options :D

Ah but what you fail understand is I wish to alter JTL not the entire SWG game engine,

as the entire warship itself is a heavily modified gunship "limited to eight players per warship".

I have no intention of modifying SWG/NGE but I do wish to borrow from Space GCW Event Warships and build on it,

yes its a lot of work and I am having fun along the way.

SWG CODES have been edited to add Planets, Species,

& Content that was either removed or didn't exist & we both are very aware of that fact.

So then adding space sectors and content for it should be very possible within the limited SWG Game Engine,

agreed.....

• I lika the way you think. :bravo:

After having watched this battle countless times now (just cause.....it's so awesome ~ the whole movie of course).

The filthy imps were caught off balance; they were just not expecting such a bold attack from the Rebel Alliance. The captains of those Star Destroyers were obviously inexperienced and not expecting trouble and were no match for Admiral Raddus's experience, unconventional battle strategies, and knowledge of starships (including his own of course).

Yes I'm pretty sure Vader would have force choke retired both the ISD Captain's if they didn't already die in combat,

initially the Rebels had star fighter superiority as their fighters, bombers, & support craft emerged from hyper space.

The Imperial's reeling from this bold surprise attack had to emergency launch their Tie fighter variants.

but if you ask me the Imperial Forces on Scarif was already doom from the beginning.

I personally believe that Grand Moff Tarkin pre ordered the Imperial Project Commander's execution.

There is no other way to explain how both Vader's ISD and the Deathstar's arrival over Scarif during the Rebel assault,

unless they where in route to destroy Scarif anyway.

Edited once, last by Tradestealer: missing content ().

• One of the armaments on the Profundity I read about are Battleship Ion Cannons,

I'm not sure if the same is true of later model Mon Calamari Cruisers.

• this would probably work better on pre-cu or cu server considering the much larger group sizes

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• this would probably work better on pre-cu or cu server considering the much larger group sizes

Initially I thought so as well since JTL originated in Pre CU,

however altering group sizes between ground Heroic Groups and JTL Classic Group isn't realistic.

It would be far easier to invite additional crew via PoB extra group invite system,

however crew access would also have to be opened up for the additional bodies.

As Guest PoB invites are unable to access crew and are basically along for the ride,

one crazy Ideal I had to utilize guest was to place a simplified starship terminal inside the warship.

Naturally this would only permit to launch from the ship's hangar itself,

and dock to return but space travel to sector locations would be negated.

There are lots of possibilities without altering the NGE group size,

the biggest alteration will be the warship combat engine itself.

• Tradestealer, you popped in a conversion I had with Son #1. I told him how much I admired your posts on JTL and ships. I'm not that into it, but I admire your knowledge on the subject.

I meant no offense & in fact I'm grateful that you and others follow this post,

this is my personal work in study however I welcome any input the community has.

A combination of what I've learn playing various pen & paper/PC based RTS, Flight Sims, JTL, and the Star Lancer combat engines,

it's no easy task to ration out the values and call it balanced.

Truth is the only balance that exist is between that of ships of the same hull class,

for example a corvette vs a corvette or heavy cruiser vs a heavy cruiser.

I tried to make everything about a hull class inherent as possible,

speed, durability, firepower, defenses.

For a time I took a break to relax and rethink a subject or implement a suggestion,

there are forums I use to debate topics like Star Wars Explained Discord.

I personally thank you for your admiration,

I recall when a friend gave his collection of Lucas Film Star Wars Art Books.

Dude I held on to them for years even after the book bindings fell apart,

page after page was like my bible stacked with my collection of West End Games Star Wars RPG.

Even that wasn't enough but a new light started to shine years later as SWG,

I joined a guild and later we beta tested JTL together.

I became a true master pilot years later after I started crafted my own parts,

in this aspect I finally began to better understand the flight dynamics engines and chassis made.

So in that respect I have no intentions to diminish the role star fighters play in JTL,

in fact my wish is to give them bigger targets to make the Star Wars experience truly epic.

• This subject material although somewhat resolved in SWG/JTL as collision damage is a rough sell in warship combat,

as in two separate instances where starships actually collided with star destroyers with very different results.

The 1st was a unfortunate GR-75 Rebel transport that exploded against Darth Vader's Imperial I class Star Destroyer,

which clearly had no visible effect due to the Devastators' shields being fully operable.

The 2nd was a disabled A-Wing pilot who spiraled out of control into the Super Star Destroyer Executors' unshielded command bridge,

inflicting a massive wound on the titan before it's epic demise.

So if small craft are easily ablated like so much space born flotsam what happens when various warship hulls collide?

• Great vids Tradestealer.

I look forward to space so much in SWG. :xwing::rebel_pilot:

Sometimes I just can't describe the sheer longing I have to once again be able to climb into my X-wing cockpit and take to the skies once more..........................:xwing:

I hope at least some of these great ideas of yours can be realised and integrated into the game.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• My Rationalization for creating Warship Space: Part One

#1. Although capital ships are inherently slow they are also just as large scaled at up to 8 kilometers or more,

that being said they require a 60x60x45 km cube to maneuver in.

If given a number of hyperspace point coordinates and phenomena fleets and enter a system discreetly,

or preemptively by deploying player crafted hyperspace buoys to navigate closer to enemy fleets or installations.

#2. It is quite apparent that the NGE era JTL starships are much faster & traverse space than the Pre CU era counterparts,

so much so that the original JTL's 15x15x15 kilometer cube isn't large enough to prevent forces from being overrun.

Many believe the solution is to expand JTL space as a whole but I believe this is a flawed ideal for three reasons,

1st reason is that new pilots are preset in travel speeds until they start in a high mass star fighter as a seasoned pilot.

2nd reason is that all timed related pilot quest will have to be extended to reflect the additional travel time required,

otherwise it result in auto quest failures for aspiring pilots.

3rd reason is that a Warship of any proportion is highly disruptive in JTL space where new pilots are questing,

& in the case Space GCW events the appearance of player Warships would wreck havoc on game balance.

Factional player conflicts in in JTL space would ultimately become a new means of space griefing,

something that is all to common and undesired in the game.

#3. Many veteran pilots also wish to reinstate Pre CU group sizes to 20 group members for JTL space,

while I support this ideal on many fundamental levels I primarily want it for PoB ships.

1st reason is clearly beneficial as PoB can afford multiple player repair teams aboard ship,

affording PoB's & Gunship's to realistically stay in combat longer.

Other than this it doesn't effect my designs or combat engine for player Warships,

unless I add supplemental gunnery stations for Close In Weapon Systems which many Warships don't actually have.

#4. Warship Space will be designed to accommodate npc fleets of various factions for loot, experience,

and epic adventure for star fighter pilots and warship captains alike.

Role Players' can stream epic space battles between the Republic and Trade Federation, Hutt Cartels,

or the Rebellion versus the Empire as there will be more than sufficient PvP and PvE zones available.

#5. Space GCW Event Battles SOE GU20: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Update_20

When each Space Battle Starts, a capital ship of belonging to the attacking side will spawn in the system, within 2km of the defending ship, and start to close the distance. Waves of Tier 7 ships will spawn from both the capital ships and engage each other. As well, there is a large chance that an Ace Pilot will spawn.

You must be of the correct status (Combatant or Special Forces) in order to take part - you can use the Space Factional Commands in order to change your status or to take part on either side as a freelance pilot. Players taking part can damage the enemy's shields and armor, but not their critical systems.

In order to win, members of either side must completely destroy the opponents' capital ship. Players will qualify as "taking part" in the Space Battle if they have destroyed any of the NPC fighters, or shot at the space station or capital ship at least once. There is a 65 minute "time limit" to the battles, and if neither capital ship has been destroyed within that time, the defenders are declared the victors.

Players do not need to be in the system at the start of the battle in order to take part, but do need to be in the system when the battle ends, and to not have left the system since they "participated" in the battle in order to earn their tokens. Being destroyed and being a great distance away from the battle does not mean that a player is ineligible.

Taking part in a win earns the player 50 tokens and 5,000GCW points, and taking part in a loss earns 25 tokens and 2,500GCW points. Both of these are doubled if the battle is a PvP Battle (although not doubled if the player takes part in a PvE Battle when they are in PvP status).

Those flying in POBs or Gunships may find that the token payout is smaller. A maximum of four players in a POB and ten in a gunship will earn the maximum number of tokens. If there are any more players, this maximum number of tokens will be evenly split amongst everyone.

How do player warships fit into this event? Truthfully they don't as they will not be able to access JTL space,

however this does provide a basis for Naval GCW awards versus PvE and PvP warships destroyed in combat in Warship space.

Actual values for warships destroyed however is yet to be determined but certainly to be lucrative to say the least,

but certainly enough to satisfy GCW requirements.