JTL Capital Ships

• yikes not restuss again! btw I have been in game and never see others in game :( and the npc groups I fight never have fought back....am I missing something?

I believe they were reacting when being attacked, not sure what's currently going on with the NPC awareness right now. There's not much to do in-game other than kill NPC's, the real meat of the game is going to be later, getting from the potatoes to the main coarse is what we're currently working on. Remember, this is a work in progress, we've come a long way and there's still more to be done.

• I believe they were reacting when being attacked, not sure what's currently going on with the NPC awareness right now. There's not much to do in-game other than kill NPC's, the real meat of the game is going to be later, getting from the potatoes to the main coarse is what we're currently working on. Remember, this is a work in progress, we've come a long way and there's still more to be done.

yeah, I hear you and appreciate all of it. don't worry I will keep fighting the npcs until the meat comes to the table...

Sha'kajir Udesiir/Amis Rook in game...let the mandalorians that survive thrive!

• I just wish in the last update when I lost sha'kajir that I could delete him and start him over

• hmm lesson learned...don't attempt to delete a toon...now cant log in period

• hmm lesson learned...don't attempt to delete a toon...now cant log in period

Yeah that happens, I’m not certain, but I would bet that we might wipe the server sooner or later. There’s been a few wipes in the past for resolving bugs/problems and adding new content, I’m not sure how long ago the last one was, but I think one is due at some point.

• yikes not restuss again! btw I have been in game and never see others in game :( and the npc groups I fight never have fought back....am I missing something?

our development is still in an early stage ... characters will be wiped every now and then ... so most ppl just hop in every few weeks/months too unless we introduce a new feature

NPCs cant fight right back because of a "bug". Obique will fix that one asap ... we are aware of that problem

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• thanks undercova. I have a bh in game leveling up and testing combat as a bh with 4 piece set...the two rings will not both equip atm.

• I am pretty sure my JTL Capital Ship post have nothing to do with Restuss ground GCW events,

so I'll assume the entire post line was a honest mistake.

Capital Ship Targeting Computers:

A fire-control system is a number of components working together, usually a gun data computer, a director, and radar, which is designed to assist a weapon system in targeting, tracking and hitting its target.

It performs the same task as a human gunner firing a weapon,

but attempts to do so faster and more accurately.

This is how multiple weapons are linked to fire in rapid succession under the control of a gunnery crew,

that being said I believe the only alteration required is the target reticle to represent target range.

• I enjoyed the 5 ships one would not want to server on.

Indirectly related, I was reminded how long it has been since I've watched The Clone Wars.

• It's kinda making me want to re-play a heavily moded Freelancer

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• Well after a few weeks in my Adv X-Wing flying against the Space GCW Battle Event I shot down two player Tie Defender Prototypes, 1 Tie Interceptor, and 1 Tie Fighter.

I noted a few flaws in the script of the event itself, 1st was that there are no gcw awards for destroying npc starfighters.

2nd players are unable to affect a npc frigates hull or system point values, only shields and armor.

While it can be argued that star fighters don't have sufficient firepower, that is not true of the many star fighter bombers.

But the 3rd issue I have with the event is the final GCW aware of 5,000 faction points, this alone isn't a glaring issue but a accumulative one.

Let's say the player isn't a part time combatant but a full time SWG Neet,

three event's per day equals 15,000 GCW or 105,000 per week.

I can only attend one of two battles per day yet I've earned and main the rank of General without even trying,

so a overall award reduction is required day 1/10th the current value.

• I always liked the space flying, and the challenge it gave in the end with flying alone and while climbing ranks with experimenting in making the best possible craft for each situation in the specific times. For example interceptor for fast sweeps and bomber to tank more. Thus I wouldn't mind lower points because it makes it even more enjoyable to reach the top tier and challenging.

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• The only true flaw in SWG/JTL is ship scaling, available mass, and finally inconsistent conformity.

I believe the Devs dealt with the model issues by engineering a perceived balance that didn't exist in the Star Wars Universe.

Scaling:

Everyone knows that JTL star fighters and Pob are not true to scale, in some cases it's grossly exaggerated.

Basically interceptors, bombers, and superiority craft sharing the same hitbox if not handling.

Available Mass:

In the case where superiority fighters are 140+ mass and Bombers 200+ or more,

how is it possible a Arc-170 only has 125k in mass making it impossible to fully arm or armor.

Meanwhile the Republic JSF out classes modern interceptors like the TIE/In and A-Wing by 24-40k more mass with superior handling.

Inconsistent Conformity:

If you ever took the time to measure the CR90 you'll find that it's over 200 meters long when it should be only 120m,

and the ISD is is 2,593m long classing it as a Battleship not a Star Destroyer which is only 1,600m long

I believe this was done for dramatic effect but there is no way a CR90 will fit is a SWG ISD's docking bay,

so imagine what space PvP would be like if Imperial fighters where true to spec and had no shields and 20% or more mass to armor up.

So there we are and still we have nothing to complain about because we have the finest space combat simulator ever created.

the question is in what direction can we expand on it.

You know I love fleet space battles but with the pilot community being what it is who knows what the participation numbers will be,

which is why I created this dialog to begin with.

• Recent updates to the GCW Event Space Battles provide me with a little more insight,

as I was irl physically disabled by the time it was implemented on SOE live.

I still feel it needs one major modification,

replacing the Lancer class Frigate with a Arquitens class Light Cruiser.

Although not quite a equal match for the Nebulon B it is far more formidable than the Lancer.

which was designed specifically to destroy star fighters....