Looks like the past month of drama was for nothing... SWGReborn and SWG Ostrich are merging.

• Here's the source: http://swgostrich.com/forums/i…wg-reborn-merge/#entry521

It all seems rather silly to me, but I guess Viaron realized they couldn't get anywhere without Seefo's coding expertise, and Seefo couldn't get anyone to care about his new project after SWGReborn started up and took everyone's attention (Ostrich only has 109 members after several weeks). These kids turn on each other, split the community, and lose weeks of progress without any regard to what their short-sightedness means for their respective projects. As much as they hate each other, they need each other and all that drama was for nothing. Now we just wait and see if they can last...

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• The hat is strong with them....it's like an angry fedora.

Also the fact that they (AcornBrite) mentioned "...other NGE Emulators have shifted."
    You can do the math on that one.

• What is this SWG Reborn and Ostrich you speak of ? Is there already a more playable version of what you guys are trying to do here?

Forget about Ostrich since it's not a thing anymore and never had a server. SWGReborn is a source-based server (so original code from the game that was leaked or stolen). The code is pretty poor, but a lot of stuff is there. So basically, if by playable you mean more content, then year SWGReborn has combat and some other stuff so there's more to play. If by playable you mean up and running, well SWGReborn crashes very often, has glitched quests, mobs, items, functions, etc, and they wipe characters sometimes. That is if you're not banned for a random offense that you didn't do. But yeah, to many it's "playable".

• Cool. I don't see PvP anywhere on the update (unless its classified as combat), PvP is what I would like to see the most.

and.....of course everything required for PvP.

Edited once, last by Slacker ().

• So from what I understand the people that are working on this stuff can't decide whose answer to the Great Question is correct? I just want to play a finished version of SWG where i know I can safely sink in grind time without the danger of having the server reset. Playing SWTOR because I just couldn't wait any longer :( I am downloading the updates while I sleep tonight so I'm crossing my fingers.

• Cool. I don't see PvP anywhere on the update (unless its classified as combat), PvP is what I would like to see the most.

and.....of course everything required for PvP.

Yeah it's considered combat. I think PvP will come before PvE because the AI will be a later update, but I don't know for sure. But have faith, since it is the next thing on the list!

So from what I understand the people that are working on this stuff can't decide whose answer to the Great Question is correct? I just want to play a finished version of SWG where i know I can safely sink in grind time without the danger of having the server reset. Playing SWTOR because I just couldn't wait any longer :( I am downloading the updates while I sleep tonight so I'm crossing my fingers.

We all want that :/ I think your best bet is to try to forget about SWG for a little bit and come back in a couple months... Nothing will be satisfactory at this point or the near future. When it comes time and there's stuff to grind, this server should be the safest from resets. Reborn will bring tears to your eyes if you don't like resets.

• That's been the trend thus far, so you're probably right.

I must say, it's always quite fun to read on all the drama that occurs over there :D.

It's like watching kids fight over a piece of candy on occasions. Anyhow, glad that those (kinds of) people are gone from here. :)

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• We all want that :/ I think your best bet is to try to forget about SWG for a little bit and come back in a couple months... Nothing will be satisfactory at this point or the near future. When it comes time and there's stuff to grind, this server should be the safest from resets. Reborn will bring tears to your eyes if you don't like resets.

Thanks for the honesty and my money has been on this one since the start (literally I think, a couple times). I would help out but I don't know anything about coding and don't have a ton of free time either. I will just keep checking back in thanks!

• Why do people still follow/care what these people do? This is like the fourth of fifth time these people have been involved in high school drama that does nothing but spread toxicity and negativity in our small community. These are the same group of people that made the SWGEmu and SWG subreddit absolute cesspools. They're also the same people who worked on this project and caused a load of petty drama and nearly derailed the entire project.

Progress has been better than ever here, even though the current team is much smaller. It's not a coincidence. There are plenty of examples, and it's definitely not the last time either. At this point, it's best just to ignore all of them.