Reply to Undercova's A small overview of what is possible ingame

• A small overview of what is possible ingame

First, very nice summary, and thoughtful of you to write up.

I really enjoy watching things slowly take shape. Seeing the experience bar move is very exciting. The fact that they don't fight back just means I get to take out my frustrations on the NPCs that are more powerful. "That's right tough guy. You may be level 30 and I"m just level 2, but I'm just going to keep firing at you until you slowly give in and die." I'm going to go after something like a Krayt dragon tonight just to see how much XP it gives, and to see how long it takes.

I would imagine that the experience of this project has expanded your programming skills quite a bit. For Undercova, Ziggy, Oblique, Kurz, and Yakattak, I hope the process is fun for you and continues to be enjoyable.

Emulators are like magic, and as systems go, really beautiful.

:thumbsup:

• At level 3, with beginning smuggler's pistol, it took one hour, thirty-seven minutes, and forty-six seconds to kill the Krayt Dragon. 1980 XP I ended up taping the mouse button down. Sometimes, natures calls.

• At level 3, with beginning smuggler's pistol, it took one hour, thirty-seven minutes, and forty-six seconds to kill the Krayt Dragon. 1980 XP I ended up taping the mouse button down. Sometimes, natures calls.

Proof or it never happened :D Well it must have been quite the long haul to the graveyard just to spend another good chunk of time to do that.

• A small overview of what is possible ingame

I would imagine that the experience of this project has expanded your programming skills quite a bit. For Undercova, Ziggy, Oblique, Kurz, and Yakattak, I hope the process is fun for you and continues to be enjoyable

It certainly has. Usually it's fun, but more often than not it depends on the feature I'm developing. It's the features that require a lot of work for very little reward that can get me down.

xI45L74.png

• How many levels did you level up in that one kill?

That's quite the dedication!

I went from level 3 to 4.
    That is difficult to say exactly because the Experience Monitor did not show until I kill the Krayt and the experience was applied. I don't know if this is purely a client side issue or if the server side affected it. I know when I was at work, and playing over lunch, the Experience Monitor was not an issue.

• Huh, I would've thought that you would get more experience from killing one. Perhaps there's an upper limit to XP gain? Or maybe I'm just forgetting how much XP you needed to level up.

That's strange. So the XP bar was gone entirely? And then it just came back when you got XP?

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• I went from level 3 to 4.That is difficult to say exactly because the Experience Monitor did not show until I kill the Krayt and the experience was applied. I don't know if this is purely a client side issue or if the server side affected it. I know when I was at work, and playing over lunch, the Experience Monitor was not an issue.

Server-side issue is causing the XP monitor to disappear at times.

xI45L74.png

• Huh, I would've thought that you would get more experience from killing one. Perhaps there's an upper limit to XP gain? Or maybe I'm just forgetting how much XP you needed to level up.

That's strange. So the XP bar was gone entirely? And then it just came back when you got XP?

About the XP bar, yes. But just on the one computer though.
    I was curious how much XP I'd get as well, and wondering if there would be a cap. This is a good time to look into these things, before my visits to the cloning center become the predictable outcome. :D

• About the XP bar, yes. But just on the one computer though.I was curious how much XP I'd get as well, and wondering if there would be a cap. This is a good time to look into these things, before my visits to the cloning center become the predictable outcome. :D

Watch, you get ganked by an NPC after the add NPC retaliation without realizing they can fight back.

• Watch, you get ganked by an NPC after the add NPC retaliation without realizing they can fight back.

Tosteto, I want to report a bug! The NPCs are fighting back and killing me! This wasn't supposed to happen D:

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• Watch, you get ganked by an NPC after the add NPC retaliation without realizing they can fight back.

I should change from a smuggler to a Jedi. Maybe I can use force run. Although I have lots of experience there... "Hit 8 (force run)." Start running. One step. Two step. Dead. Might make it three steps. But it is a Krayt, it will be hit 8, dead. You have no idea how much fun that is. Especially when I clone, and think "I bet if I do <fill in the blank> and try again." Have I mentioned that I'm not a very good group player? The main difference is when I'm in a group, I don't run, and I die much sooner. Then I feel guilty for "abandoning" the group.

I've never played a smuggler before, but I created a Trandoshan with the name Gorija Jones. Smugger seemed a no brainer.
    :lol:

• I had a similar experience on live once.

I took a new CL15-ish Bothan spy (on a new server than main, for shytes/giggles) and was able to kill a Krayt dragon by using the harvester glitch to get him stuck, and proceeded to attack him until he died.

10 year old memory recalls that it took approx. 45 minutes to do and the XP reward was similar, ~1-2000 XP. I don't believe I leveled up.

It was quite the letdown. No love for the 'sploit!