Force Sensitive RP

• As we know force sensitives where hunted to almost extinction as palpatine's galactic empire strategy. I have learned of an ability in the darkside of the force called force concealment, which palpatine used to hide within the republic as the chancelor this is a hard skill to master. This can be used to hide a place or a person so say a cave hidden. I'm not too sure what planet would be more effective but could this be a way to bipas the the relentles killing of force sensitives and hide a sith lord with few students learning until they emerge as grey jedi or somthing and fight back against the empire.

I have read also about blazing chains a group of force sensitive pirates and smuglers that pretty much live in space, and dont land very often. I belive using this lore you could create the potential younglings sent to space for protection naybe, and all grown up and without masters they turned pirate to survive maybe, leave what you think down below please

Thank you ~ Nekesti

• This is certainly an entertaining concept, however, Palpatine is strong in the force and has had a significant amount of training so I can't exactly see how you could make this work. However when comes to role-playing with other people is generally advised to refrain from even mentioning the force in public. Maybe you could think of some form of an in character cover story for example maybe your group is a shipping company that transports freight from one planet to another or something like that. Reason being people in will inevitably ask questions in-character, and I'm not entirely sure the response "I'm a Sith Lord training a bunch of force users in space" is going to get the most positive reception from many people. I would also refrain from using the title Sith Lord. Because technically there are only two Sith, Darth Vader and Palpatine. However, that does not necessarily mean that you aren't a Dark Force user.

That having been said if you want to try and put a story like that together then go for it, be interesting to see a story like that.

• Because technically there are only two Sith, Darth Vader and Palpatine. However, that does not necessarily mean that you aren't a Dark Force user.

Jedi, Jedi everywhere...
    I can see your point from an RP perspective, but on a serious note, the Jedi profession was THE most used in the NGE era.

• pretty cool RP story, a bit light on details but in my opinion very plausible. it's not unthinkable to assume that there is more than 1 Sith lord in the galaxy. in fact i can only track Darth Sidious's chain of master/apprentice back a few generations before it only refers to a reigning Twi'lek Sith lord as the final predecessor. also the Jedi temple on Coruscant was built directly on top of a Sith shrine from the galactic domination period of the Sith Empire. it is said to still have residual dark side power, partially accounting for why the jedi council didn't know that Palpatine was Darth Sidious. He was also one of the best if not the best at force concealment or buried presence as it's also called. Being a Sith in my opinion just means that you commit to the dark side of the force, like being a jedi means to commit to the light side of the force, and being a gray or gray jedi means you walk a line in between light and dark while not committing to or following the rules of either side. all in all a very cool idea, dark or gray force users rise up to fight the empire lead by a mysterious sith lord.

• Tbank you for your opinions i am grateful as a force user im not a jedi or sith i tend to think of myself as a freelance user i work for who i think is right at the time

• pretty cool RP story, a bit light on details but in my opinion very plausible. it's not unthinkable to assume that there is more than 1 Sith lord in the galaxy. in fact i can only track Darth Sidious's chain of master/apprentice back a few generations before it only refers to a reigning Twi'lek Sith lord as the final predecessor. also the Jedi temple on Coruscant was built directly on top of a Sith shrine from the galactic domination period of the Sith Empire. it is said to still have residual dark side power, partially accounting for why the jedi council didn't know that Palpatine was Darth Sidious. He was also one of the best if not the best at force concealment or buried presence as it's also called. Being a Sith in my opinion just means that you commit to the dark side of the force, like being a jedi means to commit to the light side of the force, and being a gray or gray jedi means you walk a line in between light and dark while not committing to or following the rules of either side. all in all a very cool idea, dark or gray force users rise up to fight the empire lead by a mysterious sith lord.

The idea of being a Sith Lord in an official sense is implausible. Only Darth Vader and Darth Sidious are the two Sith Lords in this era, sticking to Darth Bane's rule of two which was established after the destruction of the Brotherhood of Darkness. That being said, you can be a Dark Jedi. Or... Dark Force User, I guess. Since it's also hard to call yourself a Jedi without full Jedi training. The Jedi Temple was also built atop a Light Side Force Nexus, not a Dark Side one. Bast castle, on the other hand, was built on a Dark Side Nexus, same with the Emperor's citadel on Byss.

Bottom line, it's possible to be a Force User in RP, but it's something that is better as something -extremely- secretive. Lightsabers hidden, no public use of Force Powers AND accepting the consequences of being a Force User in this era. If you're discovered, the Inquisitors would likely be on your ass, if you weren't executed. Same applies if you follow the Dark Side and can be seen as a threat to Palpatine's power. I have my own ideas for Light sided Force Sensitive RP themed around SpecForce kinda work. Heavily secret and such.

• i'm not a big rp player, never was. i can see why sith lord is a bit to "godmode" to make it fun for anyone. but as far as the story is concerned i like the idea, what interests me the most is a sith lord never taught selflessness or pity hiding these force sensitives from the wrath of his own kind. obviously going against his every instinct and all of his training. also i never found a thing about the force nexus under the jedi temple being a light side force nexus. i just assumed that with all the bad stuff that happened there present and past that it was a dark side force nexus. the sith shrine was built a thousand years before the rise of the galactic republic and the erecting of the the jedi temple there, "the Jedi Temple was raised over the shrine's foundations in a symbolic attempt to bury the legacy that the Sith had left behind on the galactic capital." - Sith Shrine - wookieepedia

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_shrine

• http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_nexus

The Sith Shrine is new canon, not Legends. Ah, the neverending contradictions.

You can always self proclaim yourself as a Sith Lord, but you cannot physically be a part of that Order in character, it's just a fact of the Rule of Two. A Dark Jedi is, in many ways, similar to a Sith, often holding similar beliefs, but Dark Jedi are not a strict order, as the Sith are.

"The term Dark Jedi was a collective and vague name of dark side practitioners (be they fallen or rogue Jedi) that used Force powers and a lightsaber, but were not always members of a certain organization; whereas the term Sith refers to a definite heritage or ideology."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Jedi/Legends

• i'm lost when it comes to getting a straight storyline in star wars. early on we (guys in my guild) would act out famous scenes from the movies for new guild members so i always thought of that as rp. guess i was lost there too. sounds like you know what you're talking about, you should post a guide to roleplaying for people new to it or really don't know whats going on like me. seems like alot of important info you should know before starting.

• i dont like being any of the force sensitive factions because i feel like there is too many limitations in story for them so i like to act as a force sensitive with a saber and a blaster and have the attitude of a smuggler there i can learn from sith and jedi but stay a true to what side i feel is right at the time and some people didnt like that saying i was exploiting the teachings and by having no creed to follow i may aswell be a civilian with a saber but i disagree and just because i dont have a creed doesnt mean i dont fight for what i belive in

(Anyway its a game so i dont take it too seriously i just like to find a new way to do things i like)

• I'd say most of the fun in RPing a Force Sensitive in this era is both the level of secrecy required, and the potential of -possibly- obtaining a lightsaber, which are quite possibly the rarest weapons on the galaxy.

Formal instruction in the Light and Dark sides of the Force would be rarer than a physically active Hutt, so I'd kinda enjoy being limited in how much of the Force I could use.