Just want to say

• I didn't realise this project was mocked and hated.......their loss! No accounting for some people's tastes obviously.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• I didn't realise this project was mocked and hated.......their loss! No accounting for some people's tastes obviously.

Sadly it is true. There are people that feel they must demonize other projects to show support for the project they are participating in. Others don't seem to grasp that build a server from near nothing is not the same as installing software. They are impatient. Not everyone is like that.

Like you said, their loss.

• They mock PSWG because they are starting from scratch and building their own. As opposed to the quick and easy route others took by playing on servers that use the original code. But give it time. All disney has to do is snap their fingers and their precious servers will be lost.

Now it is true - I have played on a few of these servers. But I never mocked PSWG and I always fully intended to make this server my home once things were up and running. As you can tell....I am still here.

• Sadly it is true. There are people that feel they must demonize other projects to show support for the project they are participating in. Others don't seem to grasp that build a server from near nothing is not the same as installing software. They are impatient. Not everyone is like that.

Like you said, their loss.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...

• Even tho there starting from scratch i feel once the others swg die down which they will people will want to play this instead despite what others think i feel pswg will be the top private server for swg given time!

• Even tho there starting from scratch i feel once the others swg die down which they will people will want to play this instead despite what others think i feel pswg will be the top private server for swg given time!

I agree.

......and then those who scoffed will look very foolish indeed on that day when we all have the finest MMO rightfully returned to us. :dancing_wookiee::dancing_trooper::thumbsup:

OIt9slp.jpg

• I agree.

......and then those who scoffed will look very foolish indeed on that day when we all have the finest MMO rightfully returned to us. :dancing_wookiee::dancing_trooper::thumbsup:

...and you would think that when that day does come they would put an end to their mockery and realize that the PSWG team has actually done them a very great service. But we all know what's actually going to happen. They will find something else to complain about and it will all be PSWG's fault.

My opinion....let them complain. Personally, I think it would be great entertainment. lol

• I would've guessed the mocking had more to do with the target era of SWG, rather than HOW it's being made.

There's no shortage of angst surrounding the NGE.

That said... the server is being made from scratch? I was never aware of that and I'm a bit curious why. The NGE was just a reskin of the CU, right? All the original game code was still there.

• I would've guessed the mocking had more to do with the target era of SWG, rather than HOW it's being made.

That said... the server is being made from scratch? I was never aware of that and I'm a bit curious why. The NGE was just a reskin of the CU, right? All the original game code was still there.

Others will be able to answer this better than I can, but the issue is that using soe's code is technically theft and breach of copyright etc, so rewriting code from scratch avoids that.

OIt9slp.jpg

the leaked server code is out there and can be downloaded

but as we mentioned many months ago already ... the code itself is pretty f***ed up. in the end every project that tried to run a live server with it failed. there are a lot of severe bugs out there in that code and ppl werent able to fix them because of the complexity of the code and ofc the mass of it. you fix 1 little bug but somewhere else 1 or 2 new bugs pop up. so far all the projects running the leaked source code admitted that the code cant be fixed or only with an enormous development effort. plus their servers are vulnerable to the known hacks and cheats that were possible in old SOE days. item duping and money duping. that meant so far that EVERY economy on those servers collapsed within a few weeks.

we have chosen to go the longer and way more difficult way. the biggest advantages of our code will be that we are able to close those hacks/cheats holes in our code. we are able to form the game as we want it to be or how others want it to be if they decide to use our code to run their own project/server with it

• the leaked server code is out there and can be downloaded

but as we mentioned many months ago already ... the code itself is pretty f***ed up. in the end every project that tried to run a live server with it failed.

Well, dang... I never knew such a thing had happened, and I figured that if it did, SOE would've had them shut down already. Other MMO companies (most notably looking at you, NCsoft) have gone after dev teams even for writing their server code from scratch.

• Well, dang... I never knew such a thing had happened, and I figured that if it did, SOE would've had them shut down already. Other MMO companies (most notably looking at you, NCsoft) have gone after dev teams even for writing their server code from scratch.

SOE doesn't even exist anymore, they probably don't have any means of copyright, if you may remember, they shut down SWG due to a license expiration, they go by a new name now Daybreak, I don't think John Smedley is their president anymore, and to make things even more interesting, they made H1Z1, a game that was for SWG players to come "home" to. A lot of factors, but let's put it this way, SWGEmu was made within... what, about ten years? If there was a copyright problem, they'd have been long gone.

• So, first post here, but I have been a long time lurker (for basically years). I certainly appreciate the work you have all been doing on the project, I'm a bit of a black sheep, but I actually have a preference to NGE in comparison to Pre CU (well they both have pros and cons), so your work on this is great.

I've been with the Emu communities since , 06, so I know how long these things can take. It's not easy. I have to ask a question thats been asked many times before though: In the devs opinion, what is a realistic ETA for this to be completed? Do you have a inner time table thats no official, but something you personally want to be done by? Lets be honest, it took SWGEmu over 10 freakin years to get where they are now. Can we get there faster? I mean, lets be honest, I don't think any of us want to be 5-10 years older than we are right now just to play SWG legally.

Thanks. :)

• Another thing to consider, is that all those other nge servers using that code have been run by people who have a history of drama and immaturity, not to mention overall unprofessional conduct in regards to operating and managing an emulator server. Additionally, those servers using said leaked code have been extremely unstable as well as being just a broken and buggy mess.

Yes this project is taking quite some time, but if it was rushed, I'm sure we can guess how it would turn out. I haven't been around these boards for a while, but I've been following this project for a number of years, and as far as nge emulator projects go, this one is the most reliable and stable. From my observations over the years, this project is the one to stick with, as it's being handled by the most knowledgeable and professional swg enthusiasts out there.

• imho, PSWG represents the ONLY legit path to recreating the NGE and the only one that is truly an act of skill and dedication. If one wants to work and play on the MMO version of a chop shop, that stolen SOE code is perfect I suppose. As a developer, I cannot in good conscience do that as I know that other code was originally obtained via illicit means and to me carries a strong taint (a taint anyone who wishes to work in professional game development should avoid)

Anyway, good job PSWG, and thank you for doing this the right way. That matters a lot.