Crafting: colors for everything & expanded palettes

• I was thinking about this recently and figured that the main reason all craftable items didn't get a color palette, was memory issues. Given the age of the game, this in all likelihood is no longer a problem. So is there any other reason this shouldn't be allowed, aside from the work involved? I'd personally be willing to work on making new textures for the items so they can accept two colors, if it's something anyone feels like it's worth pursuing. IMO, why not maximize the potential of decorating, and let folks paint their weapons too while we're at it?

I've also thought about expanded palettes to add some vibrant colors. The palettes for clothing in the game in particular always seemed too subdued, feeling more like a middle-ages game rather than a futuristic sci-fi one.

• Expanded colour palette would be welcome, also, a more defined matching up of colour palettes. I seem to remember sometimes it not being possible to match up colours exactly on different objects.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• If I remember correctly the color palette for a lot of things in game was expanded. Granted, there were still the matching issues Ryloth talks about and not EVERYTHING got the palettes. But I think they were working on it a while before the game was shut down.

• If I remember correctly the color palette for a lot of things in game was expanded. Granted, there were still the matching issues Ryloth talks about and not EVERYTHING got the palettes. But I think they were working on it a while before the game was shut down.

The desaturated palettes were still being kept a thing though and I really didn't see the point. Were they trying to prevent wild clashing colors? That was the least of the problems with the kind of freedom the game provided near the end. Even the "anti-appearance" item so the hawtpants warriors could do their PvPing.

One of the palettes from TKfashions. http://tkfashion.tyger.org/colorselect.php?item=belteds There are plenty examples of this on that website. Look at the differences between A & B. There's no logical reason for there not to be a single master palette with all colors available.

Or for that matter, just a 16M RGB color mixer, but that would probably be a coding nightmare, if models can even accept color values in that format. Definitely not suggesting that.

• I support this idea. One of the things I always wanted to be able to do was take a set of Katarn armour and apply my own colour scheme to it, not just be limited to the 3 different campaign colours that we originally had.

• I support this idea. One of the things I always wanted to be able to do was take a set of Katarn armour and apply my own colour scheme to it, not just be limited to the 3 different campaign colours that we originally had.

It would be good if that Katarn Armour could be upgraded to have stats via crafting and retro-engineering.

OIt9slp.jpg

since we are coding our own code ... almost EVERYTHING is possible. and

your wish/idea is a super simple one and can ofc be added to the game
    when we are that far

if thats the case i want tie-dye storm-trooper armor with my own guild crest and an apple pie to go.

LOL

UP! UP! AND! where am i again

• Katarn with Sockets would be awesome!

Different colors for the combat capable droids (Battle Droids, Droidekas, ...) would be nice, too. If I remember right those had only one color.

Edit: Or didn't they? Now, I'm not sure about this anymore.

• Katarn with Sockets would be awesome!

Different colors for the combat capable droids (Battle Droids, Droidekas, ...) would be nice, too. If I remember right those had only one color.

Edit: Or didn't they? Now, I'm not sure about this anymore.

Droids could have different colors, I think there was even a droid color kit for Engineers to make.

• since we are coding our own code ... almost EVERYTHING is possible. and your wish/idea is a super simple one and can ofc be added to the game when we are that far

I figured it might be messier than that. Back when I used to poke around the files, it looked like even the models for wild spawns used the palette swatch system to control what colors they could assume. Which I figured would mean a new coloring system would require making a LOT of changes to the client files.

if thats the case i want tie-dye storm-trooper armor with my own guild crest and an apple pie to go.

LOL

Well if you're asking about being able to literally paint images on surfaces, technically that would be doable but it would be a file system nightmare. Every time you painted a new object, a texture would be created, which would need to be stored on the server so that other players could see it. I figured you were joking, but in case you weren't... :p I know a few people who would want to be able to tiedye their ST armor. And who WOULDN'T want to be able to have their own guild crest?

• As Tosteto has mentioned, there were colour kits for droids, and for speeders, for clothes, and spaceships. With some ships you could had a choice of insignia's/logo's/graphic patterns on them too.

OIt9slp.jpg

• I was just thinking if it would be possible to have a colour system using something along the RGB system

with a scaling of 32 at level 1 trader then rising 64, 128, and finally 256 as levels progress

a starting trader will be able to select 32 positions in each of the RGB settings

a max level(? maybe a bit earlier) trader would have the full combination of 256 in each

this would allow for a much wider selection of colours

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• also keep in mid that it aint just colours, stuff that was once only available to us via the TCG will be accessible. And hopefully, given to crafters, speeder bikes for example, I'd love to be able to craft a flare S swoop or sith speeder on my DE.

• also keep in mid that it aint just colours, stuff that was once only available to us via the TCG will be accessible. And hopefully, given to crafters, speeder bikes for example, I'd love to be able to craft a flare S swoop or sith speeder on my DE.

-.-

Touche!

• so if not a GUILD crest how about a PSWG crest for imp or reb armor for those that are part of the PSWG community before the servers go LIVE. MUHAHAHAHA

Just an idea (someone once told me there were no bad Ideas, and a short time later I changed there Mind)

UP! UP! AND! where am i again

Very true. I also wouldn't mind stuff that is ONLY lootable, but can be sliced or RE'd, to have recolor options included.

• Very true. I also wouldn't mind stuff that is ONLY lootable, but can be sliced or RE'd, to have recolor options included.

Just a very important point to make here: making stuff ONLY lootable is a huge bias towards combat classes, and not everyone wants to/has a combat class character.

Crafters are not combat classes, and so ought to be able to obtain crafting schematics in ways that are relevant to their class. Not everyone engages in extended loot-hunting nor should they be forced to, especially if their class is not relevant to that.

OIt9slp.jpg