local server help?

• try to install your PSWG launcher in a different folder than the program files one.

afaik it sometimes causes problems in windows 10

Yeah it it in h:\Games, I don't put games in the program files folder, hate all that windows control issue crap there..

Your previous post mentioned 'fresh' install - Fresh as in straight off the install discs of SWG, or fresh like no other emulators have touched it? As I mentioned, my "fresh" install for PSWF is a folder createf in H:\Games\PSWG\EndGame, which is the folder referenced in the launcher where the final day SWG from Sony is loaded to. It is not "fresh" as in install from discs to the computer and never touched by a Sony server, it's the game, as it sits on the HDD as of the last day Retail SWG existed.

Should I install a fresh/never touched version?

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

PSWG Launcher Installation Guide 2.0 (not by me but excellent!)

• try to install your PSWG launcher in a different folder than the program files one.

afaik it sometimes causes problems in windows 10

Actually, the launcher itself went to "C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\ProjectSWG Launcher\ProjectSWG Launcher.exe" Could that be an issue? I could try to move it, but I don't honestly remember seeing an option.. As I said, I try to install everything to my games drive - If it's not there, either I missed it (possible) or it didn't let me pick an install folder. Nonetheless the game files are on H:. Will uninstall the launcher and try to reinstall and see if it lets me select a folder.

As I thought - I have no option to pick where actual launcher installs to. I goes to the location mentioned above. I can try cutting and pasting it somewhere else (games drive) and see if it will run.. Doing that now..

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

Edited 2 times, last by exit151 ().

• I cut pasted the launcher to my H:\Games\ProjectSWG\Launcher folder - Didn't change anything.. In fact...

Now when I try and connect to PSWG (official test server) I get the exact same thing I do when I set it to connect to my local server (just sits there saying connecting to login server). Before the official server would at least acknowledge a connection attempt.

So I'm taking a quick break from this PC - I have four kids who also want to play, so I'm going to go start absolutely fresh on a different PC in this house, install the game off disc, install the launcher from your site here, and have a go again and see what happens.

Will post with whatever update I yield from this.. (cries)

• When it hangs on establishing a connection, it means that there's something relating to the forwarder going wrong. I have had the same problem in the past and never solved it - sorry.

xI45L74.png

• Well I have some success to report, at least partially!

I took my original collectors edition discs out and installed them on one of my other PC's (one of the kids rigs). I then took my JTL disc out and installed it too. From there, I installed the PSWG launcher, and ran it.

It had to update/download over 100 files, but when it was done...... (wait for it...)

I was able to connect to PSWG's server! (previously I could not connect to PSWG OR my local server).

I still could not get onto my own one (yes, since it wasn't running on the same computer I did create a new login directing the IP and port to the proper computer), I even went into the firewall and disabled all aspects of it on my server running machine. Whatever it is, it feels it must be security related, cuz the launcher won't even show the status as being online.

But the big victory is that I was able to connect to something successfully.

Now....

Why doesn't the end-game installation work? What file(s) are mucking up the connection system?

Anyone know how I could test that? I really feel it might be useful for others. Anyone who still has an end-game installation could have this same problem, and like I said earlier, the weird thing is that exact install is what I use everywhere. Anyway, let me know if you have any ideas on how I could weed out or rule out files in my end-game install, going to look at server host tomorrow and see if I can figure out what isn't happy and blocking signals even when firewall is off.. Don't have any of that invasive Anti-Virus / anti-malware stuff running, so not that.. (well windows defender is, but it's not an active/blocking program). Can't wait to test things out..

• you know that you can run the server and client on the same PC ??

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• you know that you can run the server and client on the same PC ??

Indeed - But in my case.. The server is on my main windows rig, but there appraently is a problem with your version of the game and the "end-game" installation of SWG as my client will not connect to any PSWG server, mine in house or yours.

On a kids PC, I installed it fresh off the discs which did let me get on your server, but still would not see mine when pointed to my gaming rig. So I have to move 5+gb from her machine to mine, but I am also moving the entire server to ac actual server running here, so I don't tie up my gaming rig with running the game server :)