What ports are used?

• So the launcher uses port 44453, right?

But there is a network.cfg file in the server cfg folder that says BIND-PORT=44463... Which should I be enabling, or both? And are there others, because I've allowed both those through my server's firewall and neither are switching my launcher to server online.

Thanks

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

PSWG Launcher Installation Guide 2.0 (not by me but excellent!)

Edited once, last by exit151 ().

• Whatever BIND-PORT is set to, is what Holocore will use. Also keep in mind it is using TCP, not UDP.

bc4l2rt.png

• Cool. Yeah (got lucky) when settnig firewall rule had it on tcp, but didn't think of it at the time..

KidPC can connect to my local server just fine (yeah!) but the status still shows offline, even after connecting. That happen with anyone else? Not a big deal, just wondering if it's a bug or issue on my end (probably my end, rofl).

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

• The launcher has a couple of entries for login servers by default. The official server runs on 44453 but Holocore servers and launchers default to 44463. It works out of the box but IF you do need to change the port for the login server for whatever reason, you need to:

1. Change BIND-PORT in network.cfg.
    2. Adjust the port for the login server entry in the launcher

xI45L74.png

• Had another post here about how it didn't update my local server status.. ROFL. closed the launcher, and re-started it and it showed the proper status (ONLINE). So yeah.. Puter glitch I guess.. We're all good here..

If I haven't said it yet, thanks to all you guys for your assistance. I hope to get caught up with this project and be of some help myself soon! For now, time to check out the PSWG online AND local experience. :)

• So....

I have a rack server here (Dell PowerEdge2850) that runs Centos, a popular server flavor of linux.

I actually cheated to save time, and copied my compiled server from the windows machine over to it, though it's just as capable of compiling the software there (and will be done that way down the road for updates).

Then I took the same java execution line listed in the readme.md but applied it to my simple startup script:

Code: startPSWG_server.sh
    1. screen -d -m -S pswg java -Xms512M -Xmx3072M -jar build/libs/projectswg-holocore-10fa38ca9126-all.jar nogui --log-append=false --log-count=3

So what that does is start a screen instance called pswg, with a min of 512 and a max of 3gb or allocated ram for this java instance. I use this script with most game servers I run on it, allows me to 'screen' in anytime and see the console with ease.

This instance takes a minimum of 1.7Gb, that was noted about 10 minutes after the console said it was started. Will let ya know what the max usage is with all 5 of us on it later when I get it installed everywhere.

If ya have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

• I think the launcher showing OFFLINE can be fixed by adding BIND-PORT/UDP to your firewall (i.e. 44463 UDP). I don't remember entirely what the launcher uses to ping status but I think that's it.

bc4l2rt.png