adding accounts

• I know the html area is a work in progress.. But I read (another year+ old post) some fella who somehow use pgadmin to get into the postgress/sql files (he was verifying that the holocore account was created), I would like to do the same thing, only to add accounts for my kids here. I've tried pointing both sql workbench as well as pgadmin 3&4 at my server (with port 5432 open) but can't seem to sniff out a connection. (also have no idea what settings (db/user/pass/etc) to use, lol.. Been looking around the src folder, but wondering if anyone would save me hours(?) and point me in the right direction? :)

P.S: When we're done with this, people will be able to just look for the scrat images and associate those mentally with FAQ :) heh Thanks as always..

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

PSWG Launcher Installation Guide 2.0 (not by me but excellent!)

• PGAdmin is an administration tool for PostgreSQL and Workbench is for MySQL. Neither should work for the SQLite database(s) that Holocore uses now. I don't actually know the names of tools that will do the trick, but a search on the interwebz should yield results. They do exist!

A SQLite database is a file and the specific one you're looking for is /holocore/serverdata/login/login.db. The tool should be able to open the file and let you add/remove entries from tables etc.

xI45L74.png

• I actually solved this - I can post how I did it but only if told it's okay.

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

• Ok, it's pretty simple:

1. Go to the site Here and download the version which applies to you.

2. Fire it up, click on the 'Open Database' button up top.

3. Go to your PSWG server install, look for "S:\projectswg-holocore-10fa38ca9126\serverdata\login\ and select login.db.

4. You will be looking at the database structure. RIght click on one of the tables, eg "users". and select "Browse Table".

5. You will see a drop-box, click on it, and select users.

6. Edit as necessary. Add a record, remove one, edit one, etc..

6a. Example on adding a user:

a) Click Add "New Record"
    b) In the empty field it created, enter a username, hit tab, enter a password, hit tab enter an email address, hit tab and..

c) for access_level select one of the following currently existing levels:

Code
    1. PLAYER(0),
    2. WARDEN(5),
    3. CSR(10),
    4. QA(15),
    5. DEV(50)

so to make them a player type "PLAYER" (no quotes of course!)

7. When you are done, click the 'Write Changes" button up top, all set!

It is instant, so no need to restart the server, it pools this database every time there's a new connection it seems, which is great!

I just threw this in here, I'll pretty it up with some graphics in a bit perhaps.. It's really simple to do though once ya know what tool to use :)

Edited once, last by exit151 ().

• It should be noted from my experience so far, the access_level isn't working..

It doesn't matter what I pick, warden, csr, admin, or qa I don't have access to /server or /qatool (dunno what it does, just saw others trying to use it in old posts, knew it has to be a above-player command :) For help tickets possibly? Anyway, tried in both all caps and lowercase (the holocore is set to csr, all lowercase fwiw).

• Any chance you're zoning in with a character that was created before changing access_level of your account? When it's active, you should see a tag enclosed in parentheses above your player.

xI45L74.png

• Sorry, was on vacation there for a bit lol.

I created a new account (a couple actually) and they work.

Not really sure what the problem was, but I can confirm that I can:

*create a new account with any access level (and they work, not sure what commands belong to which for sure though to test)

*edit an existing account (with a created player), and change their access level and it works.

With that in mind, I really don't know why it didn't work for me before when I made this post, but, uhh, it's working perfectly now! :)