updating existing server

• Wondering what the best method is to pull/query to see if there have been holocore updates since my install. How will it work if I run the gradle again, for instance, since I have edited my login.db file for additional accounts, do I need to copy and repaste that file after running the process, or will it only download updated files?

As always, thanks!

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

PSWG Launcher Installation Guide 2.0 (not by me but excellent!)

• You have to keep track of it yourself through the git repository.

I don't know the answer to the second question.

xI45L74.png

• Use Source tree from Atlassian

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• What won't work on a linux machine?

I doing it all on a linux machine :)

Well to be clear.. I have gradle on it, I have pulled the files with git, run and built the server just fine, and run it. About the only thing I do on windows only (other than console access to the server!) is using that database editor I mentioned on a different thread to edit accounts.

What is it you think I can't do on a headless dedicated linux box?

Hey there new players! First thing you're going to want to do is look at these handy posts/guides. They will help solve a TON of potential issues and problems getting running, whether you're starting your own server up, installing and running the client to PLAY on a server, or just get connected to the PSWG Test server!

• Using SourceTree was suggested earlier.

Gotcha :) When I read that post, I thought he was saying sourcetree meaning a fork and to use the Atlassian one, ha ha! No, a GUI system wouldn't work too well in this particular case. hehe!