Jedi or Sith

• the trouble with SWG is that for the best combat abilities most go to the Dark side of the force..... (there is a difference between a Dark Jedi and Sith BTW) other than the two (somewhat limiting) paths there isn't that much to distinguish between them....

(Mind you personally I'd prefer the original Force Sensitive concept of SWG being a rarity as to whether you are a force sensitive. A way to achieve this might be to have the force expertise working similar to that of Beastmaster.....)

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• I usually went more darkside, as said above, best combat abilities were given on that tree.

I did start changing to somewhat mixed after being lv90 and trying to complete the Jedi trial tasks or what it was called, because I had difficulties defeating the one force sensitive guy at the Yavin shrine I believe.

I was really impressed however how much durability the light side gave me in the length of that specific fight to defence and such.

Because of that there were even moments where I only had the light side tree open just for 'unknown' fights I had to take part in, where I didn't have any knowledge.

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• The notions of Darkside /Lightside, and Jedi/Sith were never explored in any meaningful way in SWG, which is to this day one of its few *failures* as such. The whole story of Star Wars is about that central pervading conflict of course. I can imagine why Sony never even attempted to translate that to an MMO since it would have been extremely difficult to realise, but it would have been good to have seen some kind of meaningful differences in quests and RPG type options and possibly even consequences for certain choices. It's a shame that that the only differences were purely about combat choices and styles.

The other related thing that I think SWG NGE got wrong was the ability to chose Jedi from start up professions. As Mad-macs says the original concept of force sensitivity was far more appropriate.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• The notions of Darkside /Lightside, and Jedi/Sith were never explored in any meaningful way in SWG, which is to this day one of its few *failures* as such. The whole story of Star Wars is about that central pervading conflict of course. I can imagine why Sony never even attempted to translate that to an MMO since it would have been extremely difficult to realise, but it would have been good to have seen some kind of meaningful differences in quests and RPG type options and possibly even consequences for certain choices. It's a shame that that the only differences were purely about combat choices and styles.

The other related thing that I think SWG NGE got wrong was the ability to chose Jedi from start up professions. As Mad-macs says the original concept of force sensitivity was far more appropriate.

Would've been the true challenge I'd love to have been able to participate in. Sadly I started playing just one or two months after the massive 'class' changes etc.

Was a shame one couldn't get a few robes anymore. But all by all, was glad with all the things I managed to achieve.

And it's like you said, the 'force side' of the game sort to say, when it comes to storytelling was one of the very few failures, seeing as indeed it's a very to the most important thing about Star Wars, Light/Dark, Jedi/Sith and such.

But looking at it, imagine rewriting so many (quest) dialogues from let's say Trooper or Officer to Jedi. Would've taken a good while for sure.

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• haha

yeah. was always fun to hunt down those loljedi running around in restuss ... with my medic or officer :)

or spy.....

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn