• I have some awesome news for y'all, not Star Wars related. Next month on November 27th at 2:20pm I will finally be taking my drivers test!!! After 2 years of having a permit and resuming my practice driving merely a month of two ago, I've finally setup an appointment. This is going to be, awesome!!! :)

• I have some awesome news for y'all, not Star Wars related. Next month on November 27th at 2:20pm I will finally be taking my drivers test!!! After 2 years of having a permit and resuming my practice driving merely a month of two ago, I've finally setup an appointment. This is going to be, awesome!!! :)

Awesome, glad to hear it! I on the other hand took about 7 years to get mine, it was a combination of disinterest, learning how to drive from my mother, I never went to driving school, and just being downright terrified. I remember my test being a breeze, I passed on my first try.

Just stay focused on the road, drive defensively, and don’t answer your phone if it rings, I had mine go off and I just ignored it. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought, just make sure to parrallel park properly, I practiced in a rather difficult situation, and it was way easier on the test than what I had practiced for.

You got this bud.

• Awesome, glad to hear it! I on the other hand took about 7 years to get mine, it was a combination of disinterest, learning how to drive from my mother, I never went to driving school, and just being downright terrified. I remember my test being a breeze, I passed on my first try.

Just stay focused on the road, drive defensively, and don’t answer your phone if it rings, I had mine go off and I just ignored it. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought, just make sure to parrallel park properly, I practiced in a rather difficult situation, and it was way easier on the test than what I had practiced for.

You got this bud.

Thanks. Parallel parking I can do. The biggest issue I have is the left hand turns. It's rather confusing. But the right hand turns is easy. That I have down as well.

• Thanks. Parallel parking I can do. The biggest issue I have is the left hand turns. It's rather confusing. But the right hand turns is easy. That I have down as well.

Usually there’s a light for middle lane turns, remember that a flashing red means stop, but also means proceed when clear. If there is no light, wait until it’s clear to proceed and go when there’s oncoming traffic, or when they all have stopped. I myself had a bit of trouble with left hand turns, not so much now. Like in SWG, just driving on the road will give you experience on what to look out and what to avoid when driving among others. It’s a gradual thing, but you’ll be fine. Just study the Rules of the Road book that they usually issue to new drivers, it has everything that will help you understand how to drive safely.

• Usually there’s a light for middle lane turns, remember that a flashing red means stop, but also means proceed when clear. If there is no light, wait until it’s clear to proceed and go when there’s oncoming traffic, or when they all have stopped. I myself had a bit of trouble with left hand turns, not so much now. Like in SWG, just driving on the road will give you experience on what to look out and what to avoid when driving among others. It’s a gradual thing, but you’ll be fine. Just study the Rules of the Road book that they usually issue to new drivers, it has everything that will help you understand how to drive safely.

Yeah. Whenever I turn, I wait until the light turns green. I'm not referring to the green turn light although that is a factor here. I thank you for your input. It should be of great help. :)

• TheImmortalOne - Excellent news and good luck on the test. I had issues with left hand turns as well. If fact for a while after I got my license, I would just drive an extra block, turn right, drive a block, turn right, drive a block... you get the idea. So I avoided turning left. Like Tosteto, I held off getting a license as well. When I was 16, I felt I would be a hazard. I was 36 when I got my license. It's a short story, but also a long bitter story. It was 22 years ago and not worth reliving.

Left hand turns, follow Tosteto's advice. If you are waiting for on coming traffic to clear, wait until you feel comfortable. Be patient with other drivers, but don't expect the same, and stay alert. Be safe.

Ok. You'll make my day if you think "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

Again, awesome new.

• Your not my dad!!! Hehe, thanks. When I was driving with my grandma (I have to, due to my permit having restriction B on it), she told a story where a friend of hers moved to the US to take her drivers test since she was from China? I forget her exact origins but she absolutely could not parallel park, no matter what she did. This caused to fail her test roughly 5-6 times until on her last one, the instructor was in a rush and didn't bother asking her to parallel park. After that, she refused to go left. She would always turn right, no matter what.

That and on Thursday morning when I was driving with my grandma to my local college, we almost had a collision. When we turned into the parking area, a car was coming at us from right. Thankfully, we managed to stop just in time to prevent the collision. Now that was truly scary.

• I'm all choked up. You've made my day. Son #1 and #2 have never said that to me. I figured I must be a horrible parent. :-)

If they respect your authority and have never uttered those words, your on the right road of parenthood, kids these days are disrespectful, believe me, if I have kids there will be a lot to teach to ensure that the next generation isn’t a bunch of arrogant little s**ts.

• I barely remember when I got my license. I used a 1966 chevy fleetside. 4 speed on the tree. I got half way through the test and the instructor said "man, if you can drive this you can drive anything." lol

• I barely remember when I got my license. I used a 1966 chevy fleetside. 4 speed on the tree. I got half way through the test and the instructor said "man, if you can drive this you can drive anything." lol

Let me guess. Your car got tackled by a squirrel. :)

• Good luck, hope you will pass it :)

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• I took mine in a 1968 F100 3 speed on the column with no power steering. Parallel parking was like arm wrestling but I passed on my first try. The truck was a beater but the stereo in that thing was awesome during its life with me.

• I couldn't parallel park for crap in a car but passes first time in a semi and 53 foot trailor

Yeah, parallel parking was difficult for me at first. Now, well... I know I haven't mastered it but it has become significantly more easier to do. The only issues I'm having is left hand turns and knowing which lane I'm supposed to be on.

• Yeah, parallel parking was difficult for me at first. Now, well... I know I haven't mastered it but it has become significantly more easier to do. The only issues I'm having is left hand turns and knowing which lane I'm supposed to be on.

Usually if there's 5 lanes, 2 left, 1 middle, and 2 right... The right lanes are where you turn into, just be wary of the middle lane, if you turn into the right lane closest to the middle, watch for any cars that are in the middle, you don't want to clip someone when making your turn.

Another thing to be aware of is if there are 2 lanes that make left turns in some cases, stay in your designated turn lane, while watching out for the other lane. For example, your in the left lane of the 2 lanes turning left, you make your turn into the lane while staying on the left lane of the right side of where your turning into, while also making sure you not clip any cars in the middle. If your in the right lane of the 2 left turn sides, your going to want to make a wider turn to avoid hitting the left lane that is turning, and go into the right lane of the right side of the road.

Example for 2 left turn lanes:

29d.gif

I hope this provides some visual advice on what to do.

• Many thanks. That's very helpful but where I'm at, there's 3 lanes with the left and right used for turning, not sure about the middle. Even after my dad showed me a bit on which lanes to stay in last night, I still don't completely understand it.