House location

• When the housing is available on the server are you going to build your house in the same location as before the shut down or find somewhere new?

I took some screen shots with the my radar still on so i will be building my base of operations where is used be outside of Anchorhead.

• Lok FTW !! :D

still the best planet imo :)

most iconic ... i remember how i landed there the first time on live server ... and saw Nym's Stronghold and that bridge

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• My original house was in many places as my sons and I looked and moved from place to place to create GORF's Lily Pad, our guild city. We settled on Dantooine , South East of the Pirate Outpost. That's a dangerous planet for a low level character, so I doubt I'll be building there. But I have a location near a star port on Mos Eisley that has worked out very well on other servers. Having said that, I won't be build a house until I can afford payments. There is a downside to that, but I don't have to worry about credits for extractors. City and guild no longer play in the equation. It would be nice if my sons were interested in SWG still. I keep son #1 (Afuest - grand leader of GORF) up to date on PSWG's progress though. I tell him I'm not trying to coax him back, but that is a shameless lie. Son #2 (Jaian), who introduced us to SWG, is not interested. He has other interests. He has made that clear. But you never know. Nothing would delight me more than to have them return sometime in the future, and have the same problem finding a place to build a city and guild.

Places we considered placing GORF's Lily Pad

Outside North-West of Wayfar, but terrain was too erratic for placing a guild hall, city hall, and houses.

Mid South West on Lok (talk about dangerous!) Nice place, but we had the same problems as Wayfar

Naboo - we considered this for the luscious vegetation, but could not find a spot.

Dantooine - was just right

That's more information than the scope of this thread asked, but I feel talkative (rather typetive (not a real word)).

• I honestly believe that the first structure I will put down will be a memorial dedicated to the city of the guild that really got me going in SWG when it came to interaction with others. Back when I first started out in 2005, I was a bit anti-social and didn't really feel comfortable talking with others in-game. It went on like that for about a year or more before I went to Sunrunner, where I started fresh off a new character. I started to open up to others and was eventually invited to a guild based in Corellia, it was in a rather nice area next to a lake.

I spent a good amount of time with other guild mates in chat, and doing activities. It lasted a long time before the leader made a decision everyone hated, a guild merge. One by one people left, and eventually afterwards the guild leader , in which I can't remember their main characters name sadly, disbanded the guild. After that, I was invited to join another guild that was started by the members that had left, in the exact same city. It remained the same for awhile, doing heroics and such, but it wasn't exactly like how it was before.

The guild was slowly getting quiet, and being the young fool that I was back then, decided to run for mayor of the city... and found out it would never happen. I recall others running for the position and the same person would always retain their position as mayor. The unfortunate truth was that there wasn't any means of me progressing in the guild, and what really made me feel downright betrayed was how the election was handled. I left the guild, wandered around others for a bit until I joined FU (Friends United), and became an officer of the guild sometime down the line. The leader Godsmack was someone I respected, even thought I killed him AFK and had him on a claimed bounty list on my profile prior to joining, he was a very understandable person. It lasted for a long time, but eventually Sunrunner's population died off, people were going to either Chilastra, or the monster known as Lagsider (Starsider). Seeing how things were, I quit... for a bit. I came back after finding out a way to get a free transfer, left Sunrunner behind and went to Chilastra, something in which I wish I had gone back to before they shut the game down. My character should have been laid to rest on Sunrunner, but I never did due to time restraints.

In the end, I might make 2 memorials for each pivotal points of my time in SWG, both the Dark times, and the Light times.

Only then can I say that those memories can truly be at peace.

• I will build On Rori just outside of Restuss.

Lok was home base for me originally though, to hot and I always had sand in my boots at the end of the day.

• "CLEAR!"

*ka-booch*

"We have a pulse, though it is weak, and there may be brain damage."

Resurrecting a web page, which may not be a good idea, but it does relate to the discussion.

I looked up "SWG GORF" on Google and one of the things that came up was this that describes aspects of the guild and GORF's Lily Pad. We might use this to resurrect GORF. At the moment I like that idea.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/GORF_(PA)

I completely forgot about this page. I forgot about the Banana Phone as the Guild Song. I've got to look that up. It was a song picked by sons 1 & 2.

• It's all coming back to me. Raffi. Baby Beluda, Wheels on the Bus, Down by the Bay. We had some Raffi CDs when they were three and four. Our library had Raffi VHS tapes as well. VHS. Now I"m on a "watch Raffi YouTube videos" tangent. Son #1 does this all time time. Thanks Tosteto. I'm sending him the Bananaphone.

However, this is the version of Banana Phone song son #2 had in mind.

• It's all coming back to me. Raffi. Baby Beluda, Wheels on the Bus, Down by the Bay. We had some Raffi CDs when they were three and four. Our library had Raffi VHS tapes as well. VHS. Now I"m on a "watch Raffi YouTube videos" tangent. Son #1 does this all time time. Thanks Tosteto. I'm sending him the Bananaphone.

However, this is the version of Banana Phone song son #2 had in mind.

Classic earworm ! :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• I would place my first house somewhere the lizard could not find.

• I would place my first house somewhere the lizard could not find.

YAY !!! Aysel ! :raise_hand:

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK