Star Wars Galaxies - An empire reworked /// Your input needed !

• Y3YTcf6.png

As we already stated in our latest article about content developers we are going to create our own "version" of the game.

Therefore we plan to alter some ingame features but are of course open to your ideas! Remember that the following list is NOT fix and may/will vary in the end. For now it is just a collection of ideas and proposals.

In case you want to propose your ideas please try to be clear and shorten it as much as possible. Thank you

===========================================================================================

Buffs:

• Ent buffs - Applyable only in camps and cantinas/theaters
    • Med buffs - Applyable only in camps and med centers

Character:

• Languages available again (teaching)

Collections:

• Trader collection for visiting POI's (bazaar, trading outposts, ... )
    • Entertainer collection for visiting POI's (theaters, cantinas, ... )

Environment:

• Day/night cycles longer
    • Weather affecting DOTs

Groups:

• Group pickup points only available every few hours

Invasions:

• More invasions on other planets (non GCW ones)

Loot:

• Cash loot reduced DONE

Missions:

• Group members need to be in range for terminal missions (higher payout + more spawns)
    • Entertainer terminal missions higher payout/xp
    • Missions can have certain objects/NPCs/buildings as targets (random). Quite a few permanent small little villages /outposts/use of existing interior spaces/create more building interiors etc could be added to all planet maps...for the terminal missions to take place in.

Mounts:

• AT-ST mount

NPCs:

• more famous static NPCs => Lando Calrissian, Captain Pellaeon, Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors

Planets:

• Mustafar CL range lowered by 5-10

Professions:

• Training needed for skill boxes. Can be done via NPC trainers or players who already learned it
    • Ability to drop back to CL 1 via Profession Counselor
    • Entertainer - Mustafar dance/song restricted to higher CL like 78
    • Entertainer - Image design only doable in Salons
    • Jedi - Force Rank System via quests/collections/kills
    • Spy - Overhaul of cloaking ability
    • Trader - Gungang heads restricted to higher CL like 78
    • Droid Engineer: more droids that can be crafted

Restuss:

• Every 6 hours in each base pylons will spawn in where crafters can contribute and build NPC vehicle spawn spots. the vehicles will then move into town

Spawns:

• Respawn timers increased => no instant respawns anymore DONE

Weapons:

• Different marks for weapons. Mark I = CL 36 /// II = 54 /// III = 72 /// IV = 90. With adjusted stats/dps

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I always thought there should be an increased risk to being detected, as a spy, depending on how much you move around. All of the rest sound great to me.

• I always thought there should be an increased risk to being detected, as a spy, depending on how much you move around. All of the rest sound great to me.

yeah. detect camouflage was broken on live server like hell

specially with those spies who stacked camo stats via attachments and expertise

i think the BH and Jedi detect camouflage command should work pretty well then combined with binoculars and detection system fixed at all

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• Perhaps the standard xp rate could be increased? I wasn't very good with leveling back on live a few years back and the increased xp would be of great help to me.

• Perhaps the standard xp rate could be increased? I wasn't very good with leveling back on live a few years back and the increased xp would be of great help to me.

i think the XP rate was fine as it was

just hunt down NPCs in your CL range ... plus you can get the XP buff from entertainer. then do your daily missions or just the Legacy which gave you tons of XP !!

from what ive seen so far on other servers (preCU and NGE) ... they all offer 2x up to 10x XP bonus :D just insane imo. sure ... in preCU ppl can learn boxes pretty fast ... but tbh ... the higher the bonus XP rate ... the less fun it would be for me. i want the game to be a competition ... a challenge. not something like i level up almost instantly. this leads me to 2 other suggestions i have

• Trader - Structure trader will get the gungan head statue schematic at a much higher level like 82 or so
    • Entertainer - Mustafarian dance/music will be granted at a much higher level (75+)

both were completely game breaking and made leveling in those professions a joke

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• You do have a point. Back then, as an Entertainer, I would reach lvl 90 in a day. Oh, how fun it was. I played a Trader but I had no idea how to play one. Will we still have increased xp bonuses in the future? I know we have the 20x xp boost atm and all.

• You do have a point. Back then, as an Entertainer, I would reach lvl 90 in a day. Oh, how fun it was. I played a Trader but I had no idea how to play one. Will we still have increased xp bonuses in the future? I know we have the 20x xp boost atm and all.

Atm our server is a test server

Live server will be different and no XP bonus afaik

You were able to level trader within 2-3 hours. 4-6 for entertainer afaik

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• Atm our server is a test server

Live server will be different and no XP bonus afaik

You were able to level trader within 2-3 hours. 4-6 for entertainer afaik

You mean to tell me, there won't be weekends when we would have an xp bonus?

• You mean to tell me, there won't be weekends when we would have an xp bonus?

possible to have a few every now and then. max bonus rate should be 2x or so

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• possible to have a few every now and then. max bonus rate should be 2x or so

What if there's an xp bonus event but the server starts having issues which forces it to close for a week in order to repair the issues? What will happen then?

• I would like to be able to decorate the wasted space on top of the guild halls.

Seems like a nice area to kick back and watch the ships fly by.

• How about instead of permacloak. Spies get Perma disguise, with a craftable camo kit, and they can make themselves appear as any opposing faction humanoid NPC? Then they can actually live up to their name. But of course camo and camodetect stats still apply as it would with cloak.

• Yes, the XP rate was appropriate for combat professions.

I know, this could start a really work-intensive time of re-balancing but what I always dreamed of was:

Re-adjust Quest-CL:

• lower mustafar and Kashyyyk quests by 5-10CL
    • lower theme park (except Jabba's Legacy Theme Park of course) and heroic pre-quests by 2-10CL

For better and more rewarding gameplay before the endgame. *ducks and prepares himself for /deathblow followed by cloning process*

I like your ideas for the structure trader and the ents. Additionally...

Professions (non-combat):

• Trader-collection for visiting Trader POI's (bazaars, trading outposts, ...)
    • Entertainer-collection for visiting Entertainer POI's (theaters, cantinas, ...)
    • (Higher) XP for Entertainer terminal missions and better payment/rewards

GCW:

• rename "On leave" status to "Undercover agent" or something similar. NPC's of the opposing faction have a certain chance to "uncover" you, which will change your status to "Combatant"
  • I was just thinking about keeping it simple. Cloak will still exist, but it's never permanent (only used for quick escapes, like a ninja). For a simple compromise (so not to completely nerf spy) I figure, bringing back the old concept of the craftable "camo kits" (to prevent people from spamming the ability); then tapping into the "costume" mechanic in the game, but basically allowing a spy to appear as any humanoid NPC from any opposing faction. The NPCs of that faction will no longer be aggressive, but still attackable. Once you are discovered by them you "decloak" from your disguise.

In PvP, works the same way. If you're a factional NPC on the opposing side you appear unattackable (white dot on radar) as an NPC of that faction would to anyone else. But you won't be attackable to someone of your own faction (this can be good and bad). Someone on the opposing side would have to think to use the camodetect ability at that point.

Now if you appear as a Neutral NPC, and you are attacked by a player; again nothing happens. They have to use camodetect, to "unmask" you.

So it's functionally the same as permacloak, only people can "see" where you are but have to guess that an NPC is really a player in disguise.

(Maybe by examining the NPC you notice he/she has higher Health points than the other NPCs, or maybe the giveaway is, the NPC has 4 rows of buffs!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by DAK ().

• So I'll just give a quick rundown on on some of these; what I think would be cool with these features - anything else, I don't really have an opinion on and could go either way with.

Buffs:

• Ent buffs - Applyable only in camps and cantinas/theaters
      I agree with this, wouldn't change anything
    • Med buffs - Applyable only in camps and med centers

I think at the very least, the buff timer should be cut to 25%, if you aren't being buffed in a hospital/camp/Med Center - maybe even with camps, have a timer penalty as well, but only be like 75% of the Buff timer.
    Example:
    Without Jewelry set: Hospital timer: 1h 30m Campsite: 1h 7m Anywhere else: 15m

Character:

• Languages available again (teaching)

100% this, And any other way to implement the "apprentice system" again.
    Still up for adding some of the old "Skill Tree" through the Collection System.
    Weapon XP (giving more skill/accuracy/bonuses with a certain weapon the more you use it) Profession XP, ect...

Environment:

• Day/night cycles longer

Could be interesting. Maybe even have certain events or small stat bonuses that happen during day/night... maybe certain spawns become active.
    And/Or maybe certain bonuses with Player species could be worked in: Trandoshans have slightly more Agility/Stamina in the day time, maybe MonCals are have more strength/precision during rainy/cloudy weather. Sullustans maybe have slightly better abilities at night.

Maybe even just have logical elemental effects; like, rainy conditions, will reduce Fire DOT/Elemental, Dry will increase it. Cold Elemental could apply less often on Tatooine or Mustafar, but Fire/Acid could be increased.

Groups:

• Group pickup points only available every few hours

Yes.

Invasions:

• More invasions on other planets (non GCW ones)

Only thing I can think of is Nightsisters vs. Singing Mountain Clan and Ewoks vs. Marauders (which could be tied into reviving the old Marauder themepark, if that was being considered)

Professions:

• Jedi - Force Rank System via quests/collections/kills
      I know a few Jedi that would like to bring back some more of the old Jedi system. (See my previous "Skill Tree" comment)
    • Spy - Detect camouflage fixed and/or remove the ability to perma-cloak

(See My previous post on this)

The post was edited 2 times, last by DAK ().

• i already thought about adding trainers into the game. ppl can teach each other too

you will be forced to visit a teacher or get teached when you reach the skill boxes. like at CL 1 4 7 10 14 18 22 and so on. otherwise the XP gain will be stopped once you reach max at that CL. it would drain some money from community (sinkhole) what is desperately needed for sure ... and ofc prevent this auto leveling to 90 :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• I'll update the main post on sunday ... wont be online via PC until sunday evening

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• i already thought about adding trainers into the game. ppl can teach each other too

you will be forced to visit a teacher or get teached when you reach the skill boxes. like at CL 1 4 7 10 14 18 22 and so on. otherwise the XP gain will be stopped once you reach max at that CL. it would drain some money from community (sinkhole) what is desperately needed for sure ... and ofc prevent this auto leveling to 90 :)

Totally love that idea.
    Considering, that will be a thing - what about having the Profession Counselor, charge less to change professions; but you are then required to re-level your new profession from 1-90... but with 2x-5x XP boost? (must have reached lvl 90 to get boost)

So you don't have people just changing professions all the time (and instantly being level 90), but it's also not a huge penalty, it gives them something extra to do, and even gives them an opportunity to help out new players that are leveling as well. Many times I've had to delete a character and start over, just so I could help a friend out, but even when starting over, I've recall helping out quite a few new players. I think these things would definitely help re-build the community aspect that NGE was slowly losing over the years.

Infact let's stop calling Project SWG's version NGE or NGE2... rebrand that crap.
    Call it IGU - Ideal Game Upgrade or CGE - Corrected Game Enhancement or CUE - Certainly a better UpdatE

• Main post updated

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• So, bonus to re-leveling the same character? How about you cannot earn profession Mastery badges unless you have leveled from 1-90? (Beacuse how have you mastered it, unless you've leveled it?)

Then the Profession Mastery Badges, Unlocks a collection, that when completed (ex: Master 4 combat professions from 1-90 or 2 combat + 1 trader), will allow you to earn 1 character space unlock. (Unlocked character slots, will not be eligible to unlock additional slots - depending on how many slot unlocks will be allowed, per account, I guess. )