Star Wars Galaxies - An empire reworked /// Your input needed !

• So, bonus to re-leveling the same character? How about you cannot earn profession Mastery badges unless you have leveled from 1-90? (Beacuse how have you mastered it, unless you've leveled it?)

Then the Profession Mastery Badges, Unlocks a collection, that when completed (ex: Master 4 combat professions from 1-90 or 2 combat + 1 trader), will allow you to earn 1 character space unlock. (Unlocked character slots, will not be eligible to unlock additional slots - depending on how many slot unlocks will be allowed, per account, I guess. )

Roleplayers will cry like hell !! :D

certain ppl dont want to have more than 1 profession on their toon ;)

well ... but we could do it like this:

- master 1 combat profession / master entertainer / master 1 trader profession => unlocks 3rd toon

- 10 random badges/collections will unlock your 3rd toon ... like the old jedi unlock. exploration badges ... kill collection ... item collection ...

• Ok, I probably I got a little overzealous there with the amount. But why not? Regrinding 1-90 with an XP boost a few extra times? I'd be ok with that, if it was rewarding. SWG New Game+ would be sweet. Yeah the collection thing + level 90 would be good enough - at least it will show you're willing to put effort into your first two characters.
    I was also thinking of giving the Master Profession Badges a purpose so people feel like they actually earned them...but role-players, I suppose.

I see your point, with not everyone wanting to have badges for like, Master Commando, Domestics Trader, and "Sexiest Entertainer of the Year award" just so they could unlock another character. I'll be happy with just having the re-level option.

• I dunno how I feel about any of this. I'm neutral atm.

well ... but we could do it like this:

- master 1 combat profession / master entertainer / master 1 trader profession => unlocks 3rd toon

- 10 random badges/collections will unlock your 3rd toon ... like the old jedi unlock. exploration badges ... kill collection ... item collection ...

I like this idea tho.^^^

• My thoughts....

Buffs:

• Ent buffs - Applyable only in camps and cantinas/theaters
    • Med buffs - Applyable only in camps and med centers

I'm neutral on buffs. Won't affect my gameplay either way and i don't see it affecting anyone else's except there may be more interaction between players.

Character:

• Languages available again (teaching)

I don't understand the appeal in the language thing but I'm not against it.

Collections:

• Trader collection for visiting POI's (bazaar, trading outposts, ... )
    • Entertainer collection for visiting POI's (theaters, cantinas, ... )

I think these would be fine additions.

Environment:

• Day/night cycles longer
    • Weather affecting DOTs

Neutral

Groups:

• Group pickup points only available every few hours

Neutral

Invasions:

• More invasions on other planets (non GCW ones)

Like the idea.

Loot:

• Cash loot reduced

I don't understand why this is a thing but I'm not against it.

Missions:

• Group members need to be in range for terminal missions (higher payout + more spawns)
    • Entertainer terminal missions higher payout/xp

Neutral

Planets:

• Mustafar CL range lowered by 5-10

Good idea

Professions:

• Ability to drop back to CL 1 via Profession Counselor
    • Entertainer - Mustafar dance/song restricted to higher CL like 78
    • Jedi - Force Rank System via quests/collections/kills
    • Spy - Overhaul of cloaking ability
    • Trader - Gungang heads restricted to higher CL like 78

I don't mind the ability to go back to lvl 1. But almost all the quests in the game are not repeatable (unless some changes are made). How does one lvl the same toon to 90 for the 5th time ?

Spawns:

• Respawn timers increased => no instant respawns anymore

This will make it even harder to get certain loot to make +35's making the price of them even more ridiculous than they will already be without this change.

• The only thing I can really say is please remember the solo players as well. I know that ultimately this game was designed for people to play together in groups. But not all of us have that luxury. And it's not from lack of trying

• Generally, I'm against diverging from how the live servers were, but that being said, I think these are all very good and logical changes.

A question: When would these changes be implemented? As in, would they be put in from the get-go, or would the original way be done now and then these changes would be implemented by the time the servers are live?

A question/idea: What was the reasoning behind max droid level for combat classes being up to CL60? Was it a balance thing? Was it to give a handicap to traders? Was it to incentivize having beasts? I never quite understood why. So, the suggestion, raise the level cap for droids. This will be nice for solo players. Maybe not to 90, but to some level to keep them useful. I'm not too tied to this, so if anyone can explain how it would upset balancing then I'll drop the suggestion. I just figure that if beasts could be useful up to level 90, then droids should be too, but I still think beasts should get a "performance premium" over the droids to acknowledge the effort that is needed for them (and the restrictions of droid software).

----------

Thoughts on the suggestions:

Buffs: Great idea, but I agree with DAK that medic buffs should have a timer penalty if outside the designated areas. Not sure I agree with 75%, but something like that.

Character: Languages will be great. It was in there as a shell of itself, so why not reimplement it?

Collections: Great idea.

Environment:

Longer day/night cycles are something I think would be nice, as long as they aren't too long and are proportional to their original times (since planets have different lengths for day/night I believe). I think a reasonable increase could be maybe 2x of current times. Nothing too crazy.

Weather affecting DOTs is problematic though. I like the roleplaying reason behind it, but it isn't really fair how it affects gameplay because it is out of the player's control and not balanced. So, fire DOTs would be affected by rain, but what about poison DOTs? Any character that is poison based wouldn't be affected at all by any conceivable weather. I just don't see a logical way to make this balanced and fair to players, but maybe I'm missing something.

Groups: I don't remember how the group pickup point timers affected things, but if it's more reasonable then go for it.

Invasions: I'm absolutely supportive of this, so long as there is context for the invasion and they aren't happening too often.

Loot: So, reducing cash loot is part of a larger discussion that the devs and community need to have about combating the saturation of capital and inflation in the game, and could be worth trying out. It'll be very tricky to balance, but the effort is worthwhile.

Missions: All sounds reasonable and will keep missions relevant.

Planets: Lowering the CL level would be good to even out the progression from planet to planet and leave more room for late game planets.

Professions:

The class specific changes are good, especially the non-combat professions. Some work needs to be done on them to balance their progression out. The problem with the non-combat classes is that they largely aren't useful to the rest of the SWG populace until they are at max level, at which point they could give the best buffs and make the best items. So, there is an incentive in this to level up as fast as possible and anything short of max level isn't really satisfying or useful, especially if they want to compete on the market with their services. So yeah, they shouldn't level up in a day, but it should be fairly quick compared to combat classes.

There should be something for Bounty Hunter to making Bounty Hunting more relevant to the class, but I don't know what exactly. Same for smuggler with fencing stuff.

About the level 1 reset, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I see how it serves a purpose, to reroll a character given the character slot restrictions, without losing all of those possessions and progress by deleting and recreating a character. But as a NewGame+ kind of mechanic, I'm not sure. I still need to think about this. What is the intention with this? As a player-friendly re-roll or NewGame+?

Spawns: Generally this will be good to fight the bot/farming issues present on other SWG servers. I'm not sure I can think of any instances where instant respawns are necessary, but it is worth thinking about if there are any instances where instant respawns should happen.

-----

About some of the comments

*Please don't change XP rates. The game isn't about getting to CL90 as fast possible. A lot of the game is about the journey there. The XP rate was very balanced in live. Same goes for XP events, they just aren't necessary outside of incentivizing players to log on at the same time.

*It would be nice to decorate the outside parts of houses, not the exterior but the balconies and top floors. However, I imagine a technical limitation was responsible for that, so I'm not sure to what extent it is feasible.

*Not sure how trainers would work, but could be good.

*I really like DAK's/Undercova's idea of badges and then unlocking character slots based on this mastery. It'll definitely incentivize playing the game and be pretty rewarding for those that properly level classes. Again, we have to have a discussion on how many character slots each account should have, but this will definitely balance out multiple characters.

*Again, I'm not sure how I feel about re-leveling a character. It feels wrong for SWG, but it could be worth it if it.

So yeah!

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• Planets:

• Mustafar CL range lowered by 5-10

How about lowering the aggro range of mobs on Mustafar by 10 meters or something?

Live was always difficult while leveling a lower CL character because you could easily aggro 2+ groups if not careful.

• How about lowering the aggro range of mobs on Mustafar by 10 meters or something?

Live was always difficult while leveling a lower CL character because you could easily aggro 2+ groups if not careful.

the whole aggro system will be tuned down a bit ... since we are creating our own one :)

Weather affecting DOTs is problematic though. I like the roleplaying reason behind it, but it isn't really fair how it affects gameplay because it is out of the player's control and not balanced. So, fire DOTs would be affected by rain, but what about poison DOTs? Any character that is poison based wouldn't be affected at all by any conceivable weather. I just don't see a logical way to make this balanced and fair to players, but maybe I'm missing something.

About the level 1 reset, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I see how it serves a purpose, to reroll a character given the character slot restrictions, without losing all of those possessions and progress by deleting and recreating a character. But as a NewGame+ kind of mechanic, I'm not sure. I still need to think about this. What is the intention with this? As a player-friendly re-roll or NewGame+?

When I was talking about weather effecting DOTs, I was not suggesting, that it effects them tremendously. I'm thinking like Fire PROC / Fire DOT, might only lose, like 10% effectiveness in the rain - and be boosted, on Mustafar/Tatooine by no more than 10% maybe, like 5% on LOK.
    As for any other conditions, they would remain normal.
    Nothing serious. Those were just examples anyway, I'm sure we can come up with other places where other elements could be slightly effected or not changed at all.

I think Undercova was looking at re-leveling as more of an optional thing.
    I personally, (whether optional or not) would like it to come with a perk or two (maybe a New Game+ thing, but that might be a little strong) , or atleast as way to unlock "special" vet rewards.

But nothing is set in stone, and I'm always open, and encourage any of the ideas, here, to be compiled as a sort of "BEST OF" ....take a few elements, from A and apply them to B or C or in any configuration that works best for everyone.

• How about lowering the aggro range of mobs on Mustafar by 10 meters or something?

Yes, that could help, too.

Of course, less aggro of mobs will also make it easier to quest for a character with lower level but my idea was to close the gap between Legacy/Kashyyyk and Mustafar a bit. While Mustafar was sort of an endgame planet originally, this changed completely with the introduction of Heroice Encounters and the theme park revamps. So I thought it might be better to use the precious quest-XP earlier during levelling.

• Yes, that could help, too.

Of course, less aggro of mobs will also make it easier to quest for a character with lower level but my idea was to close the gap between Legacy/Kashyyyk and Mustafar a bit. While Mustafar was sort of an endgame planet originally, this changed completely with the introduction of Heroice Encounters and the theme park revamps. So I thought it might be better to use the precious quest-XP earlier during levelling.

i would prefer to have mustafar and kashyyyk locked for first. so concentrate first on the main planets of the galaxy. heroic instances will be introduced pretty late too. so its kinda like in the old days ... when more and more content got unlocked and added with each Game Update :)

• Ah okay, yeah that could be better. As long as it equally affects everyone, it should be fine. Perhaps it could be something like a hit to weapon accuracy, like in rain or a dust storm you would lose a couple percent of accuracy. At least that way everyone would be affected.

Well it should definitely be an optional thing, and the reward should definitely be more of a prestige thing than a gameplay affecting thing.

Of course, I'm happy there's a discussion going on and I think some of these changes will be really nice for the community.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• New Mounts:

• AT-ST
    • AT-AT

More famous static NPC's (for example for clicky collections or as quest givers):

• Lando Calrissian
    • Captain Pellaeon
    • Dash Rendar
    • Kyle Katarrn
    • Jan Ors

Atmospheric Flight:

• Restricted airspace over towns and POI's

Sorry for interrupting, guys :sorry: Just to contribute something, I can login, too. Version 1.2.2, character was on Tatooine on Jabbas Palace.

• New Mounts:

• AT-ST
    • AT-AT (the AT-AT is just too big/huge to be used in town ... but what could be done is to create a new area where players can fight each other like Hoth instance and both sides use vehicles like those)

More famous static NPC's (for example for clicky collections or as quest givers):

• Lando Calrissian
    • Captain Pellaeon
    • Dash Rendar
    • Kyle Katarrn
    • Jan Ors

Atmospheric Flight:

• Restricted airspace over towns and POI's (the whole idea of atmo flight made many ingame features obsolete and nonsense. and dont forget the "annoying" aspect of it :D even if you block the close ground area for ships ... most of it will still look like this. remember that most of the features 6-12 months before shutdown were not meant to be realistic/logical ... they even made the game look more laughable

• Restuss:

In each base there will be pylons up (like in GCW invasion) where crafters can build tools to construct vehilces like AT-ST and co

these vehicles will then move into town and fight. using real/high quality resources will result in better CL/difficulty of vehicles

• Restuss:

In each base there will be pylons up (like in GCW invasion) where crafters can build tools to construct vehilces like AT-ST and co

these vehicles will then move into town and fight. using real/high quality resources will result in better CL/difficulty of vehicles

Speaking of GCW invasions, the lvl 60 grunts on both sides should have they're levels changed, just to make them more challenging. Say, lvl 80-85? The Rebel Spec-Defenders and the Imp opposites should be lvl 91-92 with the AT-STs and the AT-XTs lvl 95 gold elite. Should this be implemented? These are just ideas/suggestions.