Star Wars Galaxies - An empire reworked /// Your input needed !

• Speaking of GCW invasions, the lvl 60 grunts on both sides should have they're levels changed, just to make them more challenging. Say, lvl 80-85? The Rebel Spec-Defenders and the Imp opposites should be lvl 91-92 with the AT-STs and the AT-XTs lvl 95 gold elite. Should this be implemented? These are just ideas/suggestions.

the CL 60 ones were the smallest ones. like when you build a pylon for 1/100 only ... it will just spawn a poor CL 60 NPC.

• Level 0 Pylon - 0 resources used
    • Level 1 Pylon - 1 to 49 resources used (CL 60)
    • Level 2 Pylon - 50 to 99 resources used (CL 90)
    • Level 3 Pylon - 100 resources used (CL 90 elite / gold for vehicles)

remember that there were always a few pylons with 1/100 from the beginning ... so that there is at least some attack/defense built up

• hmm.... if not an AT-AT then how about an AT-TE (Rex's walker from Rebels)? Sort of like a luxury (land) yaucht?

And maybe if possible some more ships? (non capital class though)

also would it be possible to increase the amount of space each world covers? (from say 16km up to 24km or 32 km)

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

Edited once, last by mad-macs ().

• hmm.... if not an AT-AT then how about an AT-TE (Rex's walker from Rebels)? Sort of like a luxury (land) yaucht?

And maybe if possible some more ships? (non capital class though)

also would it be possible to increase the amount of space each world covers? (from say 16km up to 24km or 32 km)

I am of a mind with you. I would love for more ships to be added!! More specifically, the Ebon Hawk. The AT-TE sounds interesting as well as increasing the amount of space each world covers.

+1.

Has there been an AT-TE already in the game? If not someone has to add the model first.

Something I always found odd, was the collision behavior of vehicles and rocks. I think the problem was that collision was calculated just by comparing xy-coordinates without taking the z-values and that's why we couldn't fly over a rock even if it was way below the speeder/bike. So my next point would be:

Vehicle Movement:

• Ability to fly over rocks
  • Leave spy alone.

PermaCloak is intregal part........ make them a little easier to see....cloaked, regardless of camo stat.

I will deal with everything else.

I have waited and are still patiently waiting to play the game that was..... none of that stuff that happened before server shutdown.

Atmospheric flight belongs in outer space............unless a boundary is in place for flight (aka the ability of attacking someone) removing the risk of being attacked on the ground by a flying pew pew machine.

..unless the person being pursued is on a speeder on a planets surface.....maybe

Once the boundary is broken the attacking ability goes away.

If allowed, space craft should be susceptible to damage from area spawn(s), Bounty Hunters and or PvP upon landing.

...and shouldn't be able to be put in your datapad upon exiting it on a planets surface.

I don't write code so not sure how hard that would be.

For the record, the BH and Jedi spy detects (names??) did work but not as well as a reveal spy. I got popped out of camo often by revealers.

• Ranged spy on the other hand may need the PermaCloak nerfed.

I believe they could attack at 65m ...... Wangi was a ranged badass on Starsider.

He never shared his build with me though.

Regardless, I prefer melee spy.

• In my mind, I have no problem leaving spy as it was (stat wise). Camouflage stats should still apply as they always did. - but I feel there definitely needs to be a visual cue with Perma Cloak (at least after the first 30 seconds or so) - any of the temporary cloaks, smokescreen; anything used for a quick getaway, should work the same way, and can be left alone.
    I think that with perma cloak - the longer you remain cloaked, the more likely you can be SEEN by players, (and maybe NPCs), via some kind of visual cue (nothing affecting your stats, it's only visual), like a blurry, transparent "Predator" effect, or occasional light smoke. The players (or NPCs) would still have to use the same decloak method, they have always used, to bring you out of cloak, and make you attackable.
    Something as simple as that, would be good enough for me.

I still feel a fun improvement to Spies would be to have an ability to appear or impersonate an opposing faction NPC (maybe a player - though, only visually - no name impersonation, obviously), and encourage them to use that mechanic more often than PermaCloak (maybe through collection or perhaps as a "charge-up" to make Permacloak give off fewer or no visual cues).

Again, I emphasize, that these changes I'm proposing are only visual (in the case of the latter, a light gameplay adjustment) - the same Camouflage Stats should be JUST as effective as they always were.
    This is the only thing I would change with spy, and I would leave the rest.

• Here's an interesting suggestion. The faction aligned NPCs that control each city such as Anchorhead and Bestine should be more... challenging. The captains should be lvl 91 elite, alongside with some lvl 90 elites and there should be a commander, lvl 95 gold elite. If you kill all the faction aligned NPCs, then the opposing faction will take control of the city. How does this sound?

and what about the ppl who do Legacy ? :D

getting insta killed

nevertheless ... it was in there already. if you mean this

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Planetary_control_game

• night time should be what it was pre-patch 23 where it was DARK at night time. Like on Dathomir, you'd shit yourself with how dark it got whereas post patch and during the NGE night time was just daytime but 80%

• I'd also really like to see proper night just for the atmospheric effect....but additionally with it also affecting vision and combat. The possibility to add stealth night operations would add a tactical element to the game it previously lacked.

Some more ideas:

1) Combat cover mechanic. Able to shoot from behind walls, crates, sides of buildings etc as partial cover. Npc's ai behaviour adjusted so that they do the same, to add environment-tactical element to combat.

2) Adjusting terminal missions. Quite a few permanent small little villages /outposts/use of existing interior spaces/create more building interiors etc could be added to all planet maps...for the terminal missions to take place in. Instead of just a random co-ordinate in the middle of nowhere being the location for a random terminal mission, they take place randomly at one of these new designated areas, giving them a sense of place and meaning.

I remember there being a lot of interior spaces in buildings that were never used for anything.....

3) I still think atmospheric flight could be added successfully if it were done with care and attention to detail:

a) Only available as a special expertise area choice (in a similar way to how beast-master expertise branch works).

b) Limited to fighters and freighters, with severe limitations of how they can engage in air-to ground combat.

c) Severe limitations on areas where they can fly, take off and land (ie cannot land/take off from the major cities, and a fly exclusion zone around all major cities).

d) Introduce a fuelling system so that atmosphere flying takes up a lot of fuel that has to be replenished regularly.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

Edited once, last by RylothFreedom ().

• Talking about night skies:

- move planets/moon texture layer in front of the background stars so that the stars can't shine through them

Edit:

Or was the opacity of the planets/moons the problem?

Edited once, last by RiuJammer: Supplement ().

• If I recall it has to do with the way the sky, star and cloud layers are rendered - not necessarily the order that they're layered. I think it has a lot to do with the game being based around DirectX8, when it was released and then being updated to DirectX9. So, maybe there's a way to fix it, if updated to a full DX9 standard but I think it might be something hard coded into the client. Or it could simply be a matter of recompiling some of the pixel shader (.psh) files. I'm not sure if anyone has had success with those, yet.

• 1) not possible. i guess you mean things like some professions had in SWTOR

2) we could add 100s of different missions to a database with different targets ... as you said. good idea

3) the whole concept of atmospheric flight was wrong. we in our team already decided not to work on that feature. if someone else wants to work on it later on ... he can do it

ITVs in general and the group pickup point made most of the travel system useless and meaningless

• an idea.... some form of interplanetary economy.... sort of like what freelancer was supposed to have. This would make it possible to ship any form of good and potentially turn a profit, and also allow for some of said goods to be illegal (varying from planet to planet). Actually have Smugglers do something in-character with Space...

The goods would only be able to be transported by ship and would be picked up and sold at the Starports...

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• rather than have star-ships in the ground area.... what about the ground vehicles being given something of a higher hover ceiling or more of a "flight" system?

• another idea (not sure how easy to implement) would be swimming/diving (essentially going *underwater*)? This may allow for development of Aquatic worlds such as Mon Cal...

• ah damnit