Star Wars Galaxies - An empire reworked /// Your input needed !

• I would say give Entertainers a viable combat heal to make them a possible combat profession.

SOE actually added that in one of the last Entertainer updates - I think it was about a year, before game close; some time around then. So, already done.

I almost feel like "Entertainer" itself, should be moved to a separate Expertise page (like BeastMaster) on all professions and just bring back Teras Kasi Master, as a full profession.

But NGE's Profession system, is already a mess as it is, so I guess, while I'm at it, I would just ditch the Profession system, and go back to Trainers/Skills using the Collection System....then I'll have the perfect CU/NGE hybrid I've always wanted...but that's me.

• No I am saying my Live SWG gameplay ended around September 19th, 2011 due to financial ruin.

I was basically poisoned by my employer, was made ill by the compound I was ordered to pick up and never compensated for my injuries.

So I lost my ISP Services, my home, etc. prior to many of the end game content expansions.

Even if this Expertise was available,

no Entertainers used them in PvP on either Corbantis or Chilastra servers that I knew of.

RL has a way of narrowing your field of view like that,

while I have somewhat recovered physically from the effects of Freon inhalation poisoning.

I have yet to recover financially, so I am a little behind of the end game publishes made by SOE.

• Wow, that sounds horrible, sorry to hear that it effected more than just your health. :(

• Tosteto's right. That just sucks. I don't understand how businesses can get away with that. I am sorry you've had to go through this.

• F**K!!! I don't use that word, except when it's appropriate. I'm just glad you are still here with us. :)

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

Edited once, last by RylothFreedom ().

• we discussed this topic internally and with some contributors a bit in our discord chat ... and really think that our version of the game should be a mix of preCU / CU / NGE features. what do you guys think ?

main problem of all the emus and leaked source servers are mostly the failing of the economy. after a few months of going live the whole economy is flooded with so much money from afk grinders ... and loot drops at all. features like ITV also avoid the effect of travel costs leading to almost no expenses for the players

• I don't need ITV's and personally I wouldn't have problems with longer waiting times at the starports and even the shuttleports (the latter a bit shorter probably), is that what you mean?

Did you also discuss Cloning Fatigue and costs?

• I don't need ITV's and personally I wouldn't have problems with longer waiting times at the starports and even the shuttleports (the latter a bit shorter probably), is that what you mean?

Did you also discuss Cloning Fatigue and costs?

yeah imo and most of our team said the same ... the ITV should be something like a rare loot item. the collection is fine ... but should have way more difficult spots where to find them => Rattletrap ITV click collection

Cloning fatigue and costs are part of the "expenses" we talked about. they should be increased to some degree. fatigue can be removed by cloning droid / medic / entertainer afaik

we also talked about bringing back medicines and stim packs. like all professions being able to craft their own med packs. so every prof needs stim packs to perform a heal except jedi.

medics also might need the good old buff packs back.

as i stated in the initial post ... these are just thoughts and ideas ... they CAN be implemented ... but dont have to be. something the community can think about. like we want to create our own version of the game which brings back all 3 eras of the game

• I'm not sure I'm too keen on the whole stimpack being your only means for healing.
    I'd like to see medics craft stim packs again rather than Officers just hand them out for nothing - but as for a base heal, I'd say leave that as it is.

And as far as the Medic Buffs being craftable again - I think, again, leave the base, 30 min / 1 hour buffs intact, but the extended 3 hour buffs have to be crafted. And possibly, just to eliminate frustration, they don't get removed after cloning, like the ones from expertise do.

• I'm not sure I'm too keen on the whole stimpack being your only means for healing.
    I'd like to see medics craft stim packs again rather than Officers just hand them out for nothing - but as for a base heal, I'd say leave that as it is. sounds good

And as far as the Medic Buffs being craftable again - I think, again, leave the base, 30 min / 1 hour buffs intact, but the extended 3 hour buffs have to be crafted. And possibly, just to eliminate frustration, they don't get removed after cloning, like the ones from expertise do. sounds good too. every cloning/rez meant -10% timer on buffs afaik

• I just want a good old school game back in my life. You guys can do what you like in my opinion. My only request(s) is leave Melee Spy alone and Atmospheric flight belongs in space.

I just want to be able to run macros and kill RED DOTS.

Thanks

• That sounds like an easy mode to me :p

I most likely wont be doing the legacy quests ...... I prefer to macro AFK grind my toons up. Pets will make it much easier but it can be done regardless.

I wont be using macros for PvP..... I will be doing all the key stroking for that.

• A careful mixture of Pre-CU, CU and NGE features sounds interesting.

I have always been very strongly against AFK-grinders and think it is almost certainly a major factor in the game's economy becoming imbalanced, ways of stopping people from doing it (or severely limiting it) would be welcome.

Making ITV's very difficult to get would not be a good idea. Speaking as someone who did mostly crafting, you very often have to travel to very remote locations to find good resource spots. Limiting/changing ITV use would be a much better idea; like assigning each one with a certain number of uses before they have to be refuelled/recharged (bought) at a spaceport. Making the cost for refuelling the ITV's more expensive than spaceport ticket travel would naturally mean people would only use them when necessary.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus