Star Wars Galaxies - An empire reworked /// Your input needed !

• A careful mixture of Pre-CU, CU and NGE features sounds interesting.

I have always been very strongly against AFK-grinders and think it is almost certainly a major factor in the game's economy becoming imbalanced, ways of stopping people from doing it (or severely limiting it) would be welcome.

Making ITV's very difficult to get would not be a good idea. Speaking as someone who did mostly crafting, you very often have to travel to very remote locations to find good resource spots. Limiting/changing ITV use would be a much better idea; like assigning each one with a certain number of uses before they have to be refuelled/recharged (bought) at a spaceport. Making the cost for refuelling the ITV's more expensive than spaceport ticket travel would naturally mean people would only use them when necessary.

Maybe a 1 hour cooldown perhaps. Honestly I never had an issue with buy tickets to shuttles to cities out in the middle of nowhere. Granted it cost you a bit to go to and from, but didn't the city benefit from having a shuttle in their city other than transportation? Didn't the city get a little profit from shuttle tickets so that it helped the cities citizens with expenses?

If not, I think it would be a nice bonus to add for the Project.

• Maybe a 1 hour cooldown perhaps. Honestly I never had an issue with buy tickets to shuttles to cities out in the middle of nowhere. Granted it cost you a bit to go to and from, but didn't the city benefit from having a shuttle in their city other than transportation? Didn't the city get a little profit from shuttle tickets so that it helped the cities citizens with expenses?

1 hour cooldown works also.

I don't have issue with buying tickets to player city shuttles in the middle of nowhere either (used them many times in the day)....just that several planets don't have shuttles at all and even on planets that do, the planetary limitation on shuttle-ports means where you need to get to the chances are high it's no where near a player city.

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• Maybe a 1 hour cooldown perhaps. Honestly I never had an issue with buy tickets to shuttles to cities out in the middle of nowhere. Granted it cost you a bit to go to and from, but didn't the city benefit from having a shuttle in their city other than transportation? Didn't the city get a little profit from shuttle tickets so that it helped the cities citizens with expenses?

Player cities receive no money from tickets bought to go to them from a non-player city.... only a certain amount (set in the city management) when a ticket is bought from the player city's shuttleport.

If you make sure that when you initailly buy a ticket to the player city from a non-player city then the player city you are going to will not receive *any* money and you have often saved yourself quite a bit.

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• Player cities receive no money from tickets bought to go to them from a non-player city.... only a certain amount (set in the city management) when a ticket is bought from the player city's shuttleport.

If you make sure that when you initailly buy a ticket to the player city from a non-player city then the player city you are going to will not receive *any* money and you have often saved yourself quite a bit.

well ... as you know we are working on our own version of the game. we can simply add the feature that the city where ppl are travelling to will receive some sort of fee of the travel ticket :)

• so a potential for example of a player city spaceport as an upgrade from a standard shuttleport or some such? (this could be used to replace homing beacons for a player's own home and increase the desirability of living in a player based city)

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• so a potential for example of a player city spaceport as an upgrade from a standard shuttleport or some such? (this could be used to replace homing beacons for a player's own home and increase the desirability of living in a player based city)

Yes, it's possible.

xI45L74.png

• I have been watching this, and when I saw the idea of adding pre-cu and cu features I thought that has been promised before, but I believe PSWG could do it because this is your code. I look forward to how you implement these.

And for Ziggy.... <whisper>CU...</whisper> Not all CU, but it is a start.

I am wondering how this will affect the programming? It will change it from emulation to something even more imaginative. An emulator is creative and challenging as it. I really hope you guys enjoy the change.

• As far as NGE, goes. I don't want to get too carried away with adding stuff that destroys the fundamentals of what NGE was. I hope that by adding some CU, stuff to NGE, we can enhance what was already pretty good during endgame 2011, NGE.

While hopefully having a purely CU server with all the NGE content

• a few more worlds would be nice, especially if they have more space for housing.... Say a tropical style island planet which allows the Tatooinian style housing/buildings... or an ice planet using Corellian style housing... sorry I seem to be looking at potentials that are neither pre-CU, CU or NGE

• as for the ITV would it be possible to still require a credit cost to use it? This could be explained as needing to pay for space to land at the destination...

Cost for using it is double the standard cost (or more) so 200cr instead of 100cr for example

Also that the ITV can only be used to travel around the planet you are currently on and not switch from planet to planet

Edited once, last by mad-macs ().

• rewards/bonuses for having high faction reps other than Imp/Reb

Townsfolk: reduced travel costs or better junk dealer returns?

Valarian: Better weapon sales returns with Sneg the Hand?

Jabba the Hutt: Better Bounty hunter prices?

• as for the ITV would it be possible to still require a credit cost to use it? This could be explained as needing to pay for space to land at the destination...

Cost for using it is double the standard cost (or more) so 200cr instead of 100cr for example

Also that the ITV can only be used to travel around the planet you are currently on and not switch from planet to planet

Limiting the use of the ITV's is a far better idea than simply making them difficult to get.

Usage on the same planet was always one of their existing limitations as I seem to remember........?

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• rewards/bonuses for having high faction reps other than Imp/Reb

Townsfolk: reduced travel costs or better junk dealer returns?

Valarian: Better weapon sales returns with Sneg the Hand?

Jabba the Hutt: Better Bounty hunter prices?

That's actually a good idea, it would give people a reason to maintain their faction points. The Mos Eisley Police Force might breath easy knowing that they might not die because of a public inspection :P

• Is CU with NGE content favourable to NGE with pre-NGE systems, in your opinions?

I barely remember playing while CU was still active on Live. So, I really just want to get a feel for it again, as it was, then maybe consider adding some things (Starting with Mustafar, since Trials of Obi Wan Beta existed during CU), then we'll see from there.

NGE was (*cough*is*cough*) recent enough, that most of anyone here can tell you the flaws and how adding back certain CU features that were completely stripped out during early NGE; only to have been brought back in some form or another, only made NGE better for it.

• The Combat Upgrade actually had all the expansions live, to my knowledge.

I agree with the statement of NGE being improved upon by adding older systems, such as Beast Mastery (reintroduction of Bio-Engineer) and campsites.

xI45L74.png

• The Combat Upgrade actually had all the expansions live, to my knowledge.

I agree with the statement of NGE being improved upon by adding older systems, such as Beast Mastery (reintroduction of Bio-Engineer) and campsites.

I must be thinking of Pre-CU, Rage of the Wookies beta, then.

I checked the publish notes and the release date of Trails of Obi Wan - November 1st 2005:
    NGE didn't drop until November 15th... http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Updates
    ...ouch. It just all hit me again.

• was the HAM system still in use in CU? I only played Pre-CU and NGE and I absolutely loath the system

• was the HAM system still in use in CU? I only played Pre-CU and NGE and I absolutely loath the system

Yes, but it was a simplified version. Wounds would only affect your health, not your action or mind. You'd have 3000 health and 100% action and 100% mind. That's right, percentages.

No buff requirements to wear armour.

xI45L74.png