• Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I'm kinda in the same place with this as I was with Rogue One.
    I really did not care about Rogue One, until about the second trailer came out...but I still kept my expectations low, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked Rogue One (+/- a few small nitpicks, but I liked it overall).

I was almost decided on Solo being a failure outright, but considering how much Ron Howard has been putting into re-shooting this

(I'm pretty sure he completely reshot the entire movie - from the sound of things going on behind the scenes)

I think it might turnout to be a fun enough movie, (at least they got Han's basic backstory right, from the sound of things).
    I might like it either way... We'll see. I haven't been completely disappointed by a Ron Howard movie, yet and I really hope this isn't the one that does it, because damnit, the guy does good work.

• Someone asked about the Han Solo movie, and i think I responded with something like I hadn't given it any thought. All it takes is a trailer, and I get goosebumps.

Undercova, thanks for posting that.

Tosteto, I'm still laughing.

• Looking forward to the movie, and how it will all play out.

Who knows may even see the Kessel Run happening in it haha. Solo and the Kessel Run in 14 Parsecs I believe it was?

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Looking forward to the movie, and how it will all play out.

Who knows may even see the Kessel Run happening in it haha. Solo and the Kessel Run in 14 Parsecs I believe it was?

In The Force Awakens, Rey does say the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel run in 14 parsecs but Han corrected her with 12 parsecs.

• And Parsec isn't even a measurement of time! Ha!

I took astronomy in school and should have caught that, but I think it was on Beyond Science that I heard that.

so it is like saying I made it to the store, which is two blocks away, in one block. Perhaps that is what makes his feat so amazing?

• And Parsec isn't even a measurement of time! Ha!

I took astronomy in school and should have caught that, but I think it was on Beyond Science that I heard that.

so it is like saying I made it to the store, which is two blocks away, in one block. Perhaps that is what makes his feat so amazing?

From what I remember reading about the Kessel Run - is that it's a dangerous route that Smugglers often take, however, the Millennium Falcon (and yet to be named pilot of the Falcon at the time), was so maneuverable and fast, that it was able to bypass the already dangerous route, and take a shortcut through Kessel that was only 12 Parsecs long. if it's still canon... or whatever....I dunno. check Wookieepedia, I'm probably wrong.

• Exactly haha, I always envision the face of Obi Wan when Han says that about the Kessel Run.

At first I didn't notice it either, but I saw a 'things you didn't notice' video on Youtube which made it catch my eye

"The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness: one candle is enough to hold back.
    Love is more than a candle. Love can ingite the stars." - End of book of Star Wars episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• the reference to parsec *is* accurate as the other route is longer (distance) due to the Maw (a cluster of black-holes) Han got so close to the event horizon which is why he did it in the amount of parsecs mentioned... although I think he may have lost a bit of hull plating in that one...

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• the other thing is that the Hyperdrive on the Falcon is heavily modified, taking a quarter (according to the Star Wars D20 Revised ed. core rule-book) of the time a standard YT-1300 would to cover the same distance

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn