• http://www.swghope.com/

Looks potentially interesting...can anyone tell me is it worth it?

Does anyone else here play it?

source code server ... just another one :ouch:

which will have sooner or later the same problems like SWG Legends and co. .... database wise

the green marked server settings also show the upcoming or existing dilemma ...

plus some of the staff of old SWG Legends and other source code project earlier on ... are active there too. it is like the caravan keeps moving on ... just waiting for some of them to abandon that project and create another new one. :lol2:

• How is it good?

It is very new player friendly. It’s the only server that has a ‘refer a friend system’, which is very similar to how it was on live SWG. The rewards were a free level 50 holocron and 200% bonus exp chips. It also has a unique system of distributing veteran rewards. A vendor sells the items for play time tokens. There are some other neat custom things that make the server fun and unique.

• RylothFreedom, Here is my experience so far. The short answer is my experience has not been bad, but I do not hang out at the forums. With Reborn and Legends, some of the people in the forums were what made it "toxic." Or as they use to say "gave them cancer" As a result, I rarely visit the forums of any NGE SOE source game. I did notice that staff member Dark was banned on Vision of Hope. is that a red flag?

The server seems stable enough. There are some things that are not complete. I have not seen any big stuff missing. I cannot comment on the legacy quest. I am an artisan so the legacy quest does not mean much for my character.

There was no tutorial, so you'll start in Mos Eisley with no weapon for killing animals for Gendra's Meat Jerky quests. I used my amphibian fists. That is not a complaint. It's nice to start with next to nothing, and that is not sarcasm.

The beauty is if it doesn't suit you, you don't have to play it. That's my attitude. So far I've joined four, maybe five, SOE source code servers and only Legends is still active. Stella Bellum only exists as a test server with frogs. There are a several pre-cu base (SWGEMU) servers and some SOE source code NGE servers that have started and then died. For instance Hutt Cartel and RogueOne. RogueOne's forum is now called SWG Rehab. Hutt Cartel is gone. RogueOne's support was sadistic.

No players hanging around the Star Port. Either old man who ever ran those kids off, or there are not enough active players. 1,555 member for the forum.

Out of 32 players currently returned by /who, 27 are level 90. Level 90 does not mean "instant 90", but that means 5 players might be interested in anything a new Domestic Chef might make. 32 were the truncated not total. There total players on line stat does not work yet. results, but the other day I got 24 players and 18 were level 90.

Here is how they break down.

Characters online - level 90

1 bounty Hunter

5 Commandos

1 engineer

1 entertainer

5 jedi

5 medic

1 mutitions

2 officers (one rebel, one imperial)

1 smuggler

3 spy

2 structures

Characters <90 broken down by level.

medic level 34

jedi level 44

bounty hunter 52

jedi 52

smuggler 87

and

structure level 7 (me)

No Domestics

It is not that there are not enough players yet. It's there are not enough low and medium level players So had been able to look this information up before hand, I would not have joined the server.

Was Vision of Hope the NGE side of Hutt Cartel that split off?

• Thanks for your answers guys.

I mostly want to know if all crafting and trader professions are fully working, player housing and space.

ie will I be able to harvest resources, build a house to work/craft stuff in and make spaceships ?

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• Thanks for your answers guys.

I mostly want to know if all crafting and trader professions are fully working, player housing and space.

ie will I be able to harvest resources, build a house to work/craft stuff in and make spaceships ?

I think they are. The resources are, how to put it... abundant. There are current 13 types of Known Inert Gas available. Under minerals, there are 9 types of copper, 6 types of aluminium, 4 iron, and 5 steel available. The PolySteel Copper is pretty good in conductivity. This "abundance" does not always last, and that is ok from my point of few. I remember waiting months for some types of resource to spawn, but waiting for the best attributes could take over a year.

My level is still less than 10, So what I can make is limited.

I have not tested the mail system. Traditionally mail has been a thorn in the side of the SOE source code projects. I think Stella Bellum was the first to get it fixed, and then Legends. Legends mail was not totally reliable for a long time. What I mean is the mail was sometimes a little late. I think it is much better. You didn't ask about mail. I just thought of it.

I am really looking forward to when PSWG starts working on surveying, sampling, and crafting.

• Legends mail was not totally reliable for a long time. What I mean is the mail was sometimes a little late. I think it is much better. You didn't ask about mail. I just thought of it.

I remember hearing about how player cities got hijacked/destroyed because of the mail system being how it was back then, plus they didn't have any in-game chat for the longest time, they just relied on Discord for chat which sounds like a cluster-f**k.

• I remember hearing about how player cities got hijacked/destroyed because of the mail system being how it was back then, plus they didn't have any in-game chat for the longest time, they just relied on Discord for chat which sounds like a cluster-f**k.

Yes. Chat and Mail were linked and simply did not work for a long time. I don't know about the cities. I'm more of a wanderer. Discord was the goto communications application. I normally don't do a lot of socializing in SWG. PSWG is the big exception, and even here... anyway. I may be wrong, but I think Legends got there e-mail fix from Stella Bellum, because when Stella Bellum may (or may not) have disbanded, they may (or may not) have made their code open source. There was talk of there being a disagreement. I remember wondering if one could even take code that was originally written by a software developer and legally place it in public domain? Messy messy times, and as you said, a cluster f**k.

• I remember hearing about how player cities got hijacked/destroyed because of the mail system being how it was back then, plus they didn't have any in-game chat for the longest time, they just relied on Discord for chat which sounds like a cluster-f**k.

The cities got destroyed/disappeared because of a bug in the source code (they said it was hackers). The same issue happened on VoH last year. Luckily we were able to find the root cause and fix it ASAP.

• Thanks. I may check it out.

"I am really looking forward to when PSWG starts working on surveying, sampling, and crafting."

+1

That will be a great day. I am really looking forward to gathering a stack of resources and start experimenting and building stuff. :boogie:

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• I confirmed that mail works.

There still a wide ranges of various resource types.

There is some decent Duralloy Steel, which should be good for making Personal Extractors. And another variation of PolySteel Copper is present.

I don't have the credits to go to Mustafar. In fact I don't have the credits to use personal extractors. I've decided (today) that I"m going to auction off everything start at 20 credits. So I won't have the credits to do much of anything. I'm okay with that. It's an experiment.