SWG An Galaxy Remembered Is Out Today On Amazon

• I received my copy today. I have not had time to sit down and truly enjoy it yet because I'm rushing around preparing for sons 1 and 2's visit. They will arrive by train.

Leafing through it, it looks interesting. When I have time, IF I have time, I'll write out the table of contents, or use one of those new fangled digital cameras.

Here are the first four, along with their page numbers.

What was Star Wars Galaxies? ... 10

Before Beta ... 12

Beta ... 18

An Empire Divided ... 22

I'll do more when I have time.

• Table of Contents

What was Star Wars Galaxies? ... 10

Before Beta ... 12

Beta ... 18

An Empire Divided ... 22

The First Jedi ... 26

The Golden Age ... 30

Jedi Revamp ... 38

Jump to Lightspeed ... 42

Harla & Katana ... 44

Combat Upgrade ... 46

Rage of the Wookiees ... 50

NGE ... 52

Fixing the Galaxy ... 58

Post-NGE ... 64

The End of Star Wars Galaxies ... 74

Species ... 80

Professions ... 84

Bounty Hunter ... 88

Jedi ... 90

Commando ... 92

Smuggler ... 92

Medic ... 94

Officer ... 94

Spy ... 94

Trader ... 96

Entertainer ... 101

Pilot ... 104

Beast Master ... 108

Politician ... 110

Chronicle Master ... 111

Planets ... 112

Corellia ... 113

Dantooine ... 114

Dathomir ... 115

Endor ... 116

Kashyyyk ... 117

Lok ... 118

Mustafar ... 119

Naboo ... 120

Rori ... 121

Talus ... 122

Tatooine ... 123

Yavin IV ... 124

Space ... 125

Quests ... 126

Galactic Civil War ... 132

Player Housing ... 138

Camping ... 144

Fishing ... 145

Treasure Hunting ... 146

Rare Items ... 147

Holidays ... 148

Events ... 154

Famous Characters ... 156

Official Website & Forums ... 162

Fan Sites ... 164

An Empire Revived ... 166

The Future of Star Wars Galaxies ... 168

Epilogue: The Spacer Lives On ... 170

FYI - on page 167, Project SWG is mentioned. SWGEMU is also mentions. I just glanced at that chapter, but I do not think the SOE Source Code Projects were are mentioned.

I've gotten as far as Before Beta. I am enjoying the history.

• FYI - on page 167, Project SWG is mentioned. SWGEMU is also mentions. I just glanced at that chapter, but I do not think the SOE Source Code Projects were are mentioned.

I've gotten as far as Before Beta. I am enjoying the history.

Funny thing, they only are mentioned once, Reborn and Legends are described as leaked source code servers, the book is really honest about it.

• Helpful

Hey guys, I'm the author of the book. Just thought I'd poke my head in to say that I hope you're enjoying the book. Happy to answer any questions too!

• Hey guys, I'm the author of the book. Just thought I'd poke my head in to say that I hope you're enjoying the book. Happy to answer any questions too!

Hey there James, thanks for compiling such an awesome looking book, I've was following the development for some time. The one thing I find in SWG that not many MMO's have nowadays is a completely player driven community that keeps things going in-game and out. I've only briefly looked through the book, but I'm loving every page, it must have been an undertaking to gather all that info and put it all together.

We here at PSWG have a lot to tackle with development, but we are moving along more now with the support of helpful individuals that volunteer to help code.

My question to you is when you mention us in the book, it was stated that we weren't past 1.0. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean how close we are the NGE equivalent of Update 1? Or being playable without any wipes?

Thanks again for the amazing work put into the book!

• Thanks for the kind words Tosteto. I guess that was somewhat strange wording on my part. What I meant was PSWG being complete in terms of it being a "launch product" - free of major bugs, all core gameplay features working, and with no plans for a wipe.

Very impressed with your work so far, and being an NGE player myself I'm always watching your progress.

• Ahh the rush of feels running over me. I'll have to go and pick it up next week! Artwork looks nice actually.

• There's a book?! 172 pages of SWG history?! Man, I wish I saw this earlier!

To the author: This is something I've always wanted but never thought someone actually cared to make, so thank you! I'll be getting a copy soon.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• There's a book?! 172 pages of SWG history?! Man, I wish I saw this earlier!

To the author: This is something I've always wanted but never thought someone actually cared to make, so thank you! I'll be getting a copy soon.

It has been very enjoyable.

I am not sure I would have ever been aware the book existed if it were not for Tosteto's post. So many thanks to Tosteto.

• a really nice book :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK