Greetings PSWG citizens
today Obique added a small admin feature that allows ppl with admin access to place and move all kind of items in the game world (not the ones that are there already). While i was running around and exploring the Taanab planet i got an idea about having Taanab as a GCW planet
- both factions will get a tiny base (shuttleport / cloner / cantina). most likely 2-3 km from each other
- both bases will be heavily guarded by NPCs and turrets that cant be destroyed to avoid spawn camping for example. spies will be easily detected and uncloaked by AI
- via terminals/questgivers you will be able to donate money and resources to the base so it can grow
- certain base expansion buildings give the players on the planet a bonus like the militia guys/buildings in the Tusken Heroic instance
- new buildings of the opposite faction can be damaged by orbital strikes / bomber strikes requested via NPCs but only a limited time. like 1-2 per week and you have to select one of the buildings. losing a bonus building will also remove the bonus the players got so far
- Quests and donations will give you GCW tokens
- Special items like armor, weapons, schematics and co will be available
- There will be like 3 different battle spots on the planet
- Vehicles, mines, turrets and NPCs will take part in it
- Both sides will attack at the same time and clash in the middle
- Construction phase and Battle phase
- Certain spots will have terminals where you can order an air strike to take out a vehicle. similar to the terminals in restuss with a timer on it
The big idea behind this is to get rid of the "classic" invasion we had on Tatooine, Corellia and Naboo. Those planets were filled with tons of content and quests anyway. We would love to spread out the options/possibilities to ALL OVER the galaxy. Ewok / Black Sun invasion on Endor for example.
What do you guys think about it ?