GCW invasion and planetary battles

• Greetings PSWG citizens

today Obique added a small admin feature that allows ppl with admin access to place and move all kind of items in the game world (not the ones that are there already). While i was running around and exploring the Taanab planet i got an idea about having Taanab as a GCW planet

Base

• both factions will get a tiny base (shuttleport / cloner / cantina). most likely 2-3 km from each other
    • both bases will be heavily guarded by NPCs and turrets that cant be destroyed to avoid spawn camping for example. spies will be easily detected and uncloaked by AI ;)

Expansion

• via terminals/questgivers you will be able to donate money and resources to the base so it can grow
    • certain base expansion buildings give the players on the planet a bonus like the militia guys/buildings in the Tusken Heroic instance
    • new buildings of the opposite faction can be damaged by orbital strikes / bomber strikes requested via NPCs but only a limited time. like 1-2 per week and you have to select one of the buildings. losing a bonus building will also remove the bonus the players got so far

Rewards

• Quests and donations will give you GCW tokens
    • Special items like armor, weapons, schematics and co will be available

Battles

• There will be like 3 different battle spots on the planet
    • Vehicles, mines, turrets and NPCs will take part in it
    • Both sides will attack at the same time and clash in the middle
    • Construction phase and Battle phase
    • Certain spots will have terminals where you can order an air strike to take out a vehicle. similar to the terminals in restuss with a timer on it

The big idea behind this is to get rid of the "classic" invasion we had on Tatooine, Corellia and Naboo. Those planets were filled with tons of content and quests anyway. We would love to spread out the options/possibilities to ALL OVER the galaxy. Ewok / Black Sun invasion on Endor for example.

What do you guys think about it ?

:popcorn:

• found some other nice buildings i could place on Taanab

what about having Hutt as 3rd faction on Taanab ?

3 bases

3 battles

• Imps vs. Rebs
    • Imps vs. Hutts
    • Rebs vs. Hutts

that means even neutrals can join the GCW

• So, Taanab would be like Ilum in SWTOR. I think that's a great idea.

A third faction sounds good, too. Something SWG was missing the whole time. Maybe instead of just the Hutt Cartel it could also be called Crime Syndicate (for example) and include members of the Hutts, Nym, Lady Valerian and others.

• Sounds like it could get pretty epic.

Engineers will be able to build turret emplacements and assault vehicles around the battlefield ? Smugglers will be able to slice terminals like in the GCW invasion battles to spawn elite npc's etc?

This will be PVE but with a choice to go special forces?

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• This actually reminds me of an idea for an event that I mentioned a long while ago; a tug of war event between Rebels and Imperials. The Rebels need to rescue a downed Rebel Pilot while the Imperials want to capture them, they would need to take the pilot past a certain checkpoint to win.

Originally I thought an actual player would be the pilot, namely myself posing as the pilot in distress, but I wonder if we could just program an NPC to follow certain designated "Officers" and whenever the Officer dies, the closet Officer, Rebel or Imperial would obtain the pilot. The pilot could also shout out certain phrases that could make things interesting, namely give an idea on which faction has custody of him.

Honestly I wonder if this would be best suited for a random event, a warzone, or part of an invasion. Anything is possible.

• This actually reminds me of an idea for an event that I mentioned a long while ago; a tug of war event between Rebels and Imperials. The Rebels need to rescue a downed Rebel Pilot while the Imperials want to capture them, they would need to take the pilot past a certain checkpoint to win.

Originally I thought an actual player would be the pilot, namely myself posing as the pilot in distress, but I wonder if we could just program an NPC to follow certain designated "Officers" and whenever the Officer dies, the closet Officer, Rebel or Imperial would obtain the pilot. The pilot could also shout out certain phrases that could make things interesting, namely give an idea on which faction has custody of him.

Honestly I wonder if this would be best suited for a random event, a warzone, or part of an invasion. Anything is possible.

Liking this.

A development of the Remembrance Day Wedge Antillies quest?

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Remembrance_Day_Rescues

If I may..There could also be a second part to it (inspired by the ARC-170 ship quest) of having a chance to require/rescue the pilot from prison or holding. That would make for a very interesting infiltration/covert-ops style mission: a chance for some stealth and clever tactics I think...?

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus