New player needs help installing the launcher

• So, I've been trying to find a new SWG NGE server after reading a few articles from the SWG and EMU reddits about Legends, Bloodfin, SB, etc., then quitting Legends. Then i found out about ProjectSWG, and how it "doesn't use leaked code, it uses it's own custom code". And I thought, "well shoot, I can play NGE without worrying about the server being taken down." But now i'm kind of stumped about how to go about getting into the game. I've been reading around your forums and the installation guide i found was marked (OUTDATED). I've been trying to satisfy my SWG itch for the past 2 months, so if anyone could help me, that would be awesome!

• So, I've been trying to find a new SWG NGE server after reading a few articles from the SWG and EMU reddits about Legends, Bloodfin, SB, etc., then quitting Legends. Then i found out about ProjectSWG, and how it "doesn't use leaked code, it uses it's own custom code". And I thought, "well shoot, I can play NGE without worrying about the server being taken down." But now i'm kind of stumped about how to go about getting into the game. I've been reading around your forums and the installation guide i found was marked (OUTDATED). I've been trying to satisfy my SWG itch for the past 2 months, so if anyone could help me, that would be awesome!

Hello there, welcome to the Project! I have been meaning to get around to making an install guide, life although has been busy. The installation is actually pretty straightforward, you download the jar file that is meant to be the installer, and it’s actually easy to figure out, plus no discs are required from what it seems.

Hey

Just download the single .jar file. Install Java 9 or higher and then simply run the file. Be sure to run the file from a safe folder where you have admin rights ... like desktop or C:\

• Hey

Just download the single .jar file. Install Java 9 or higher and then simply run the file. Be sure to run the file from a safe folder where you have admin rights ... like desktop or C:\

I'm not sure which file to run... All of them are CLASS files in WinRAR and nothing, at least to me, sticks out as "Hey, this is the launcher!"

• Well i have the launcher up and the NGE server files downloaded; but when I try to log in, it says that my username is incorrect and the login server is down. I have both my name and password correct

• Well i have the launcher up and the NGE server files downloaded; but when I try to log in, it says that my username is incorrect and the login server is down. I have both my name and password correct

i can see your login try in the console of the server

it says wrong username/password combo

close your client and the launcher. restart the launcher