NGE and CU server information in the Launcher

• as the launcher has a CU server listed (whether we can currently access it or not) where does the launcher put the files required for it as it seems counter intuitive to have them in the same root as the launcher itself where the NGE files are currently placed...

Would it be possible to have it so that the NGE and CU required files can be stored seperatly from each other yet both still accessible from the Launcher?

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• or would it be possible to set specific directories in the launcher as to where each version goes?

at the moment both are being copied into the same directory as the launcher

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• as the launcher has a CU server listed (whether we can currently access it or not) where does the launcher put the files required for it as it seems counter intuitive to have them in the same root as the launcher itself where the NGE files are currently placed...

Would it be possible to have it so that the NGE and CU required files can be stored seperatly from each other yet both still accessible from the Launcher?

Ziggy can tell you more about that

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I am not an authority, so take this with a large grain/rock of salt. That means the team can pop in and tell me I'm nuts.

I would think it would be possible for different directories. The launcher's setup provides a different path for each server It's a really nice setup screen for multiple SWG servers. Applause to Oblique for the thoughtful design. It really is nice.

If you bring up the Setup window, in the "Update Servers" section, use the pull down menu and select TeamSWG. At the bottom of this section, for Local Path, use the Folder icon to select a folder. I pre-created a directory called SWGCU. This is directory is its own directory, not a sub-directory of ProjectSWG. Select the new directory. Close the setup window. You see the button next to CU has changed to ... I think it was "Update" (???). After downloading the files, it will change to Play. I have Norton, and it is determined to save me from files it does not know about. I have to get that cleaned up before Play will work. So I don't know more about the state of the server, or if I can login.

Is TeamSWG Ziggy?

• ok I'm a bit of an idiot didn't see that.... Thanks pcgoblin

• It took me over an hour to type my previous post. I tend to research while I compose, and I've been dealing with issues at work.

I cannot login (not with my PSWG account), but I'm sure that will be coming.

edit. just saw your reply mad-macs. I'm use to writing documentation for people at work who need to have things spelled out.

• It took me over an hour to type my previous post. I tend to research while I compose, and I've been dealing with issues at work.

I cannot login (not with my PSWG account), but I'm sure that will be coming.

edit. just saw your reply mad-macs. I'm use to writing documentation for people at work who need to have things spelled out.

For the most part, Ziggy is back in Discord and is steadily working on the CU. We’re trying to make both CU and NGE work alongside with the launcher, while being completely seperate... From what I gathered.

• pcgoblins setup steps are exactly how I'd tell someone to do it.

Right now there is no way to create an account without having me create it manually for you. We're currently figuring out the ideal way to solve this. We'll likely have separate users, meaning you would have to create a new account instead of using your ProjectSWG one for login. This remains undecided.

The idea is to have different server options in the same launcher for ease of access.

• Thank you for the reply Ziggy. Multiple accounts are fine in my opinion. Plus, Obique's Setup accommodates accounts for each servers. Again, it is a super nice setup screen, very clean.

When the account registration is ready, it's ready. Meaning we've got time and patience.