New java launcher

• Hi, i'm a returning player to project swg, this new launcher has me all types of confused. So I downloaded Java 9 and i'm running the launcher, however the play button doesn't work. I have the original swg installed on my computer, but I don't know how to link it up with the new launcher. Any tips or advice would be great :).

• Welcome back!

On the right side of your launcher you'll find the "Options" tab. In the "Options" menu the last line should be something like "Local Path" or so. Choose the right path to your installation and the launcher should then be able to check your local SWG folder, start it or update it if necessary.

• My new laptop doesn't have a way to load discs, so i used my old laptop and i put it on a flash drive and then uploaded to this computer. When i go to local path it doesn't show the launcher in the SWG folder. It just shows the Folder>miles,mozilla,profiles, and string, with nothing in them. Thanks for the help.

• It should be enough if you enter that path into the "Local Path" field (I'm not sure if it is called like that because it's german in my launcher :sorry: ).

And if I remember correctly you have to copy the launcher.jar, which you use, into the SWG folder, too.

• My new laptop doesn't have a way to load discs, so i used my old laptop and i put it on a flash drive and then uploaded to this computer. When i go to local path it doesn't show the launcher in the SWG folder. It just shows the Folder>miles,mozilla,profiles, and string, with nothing in them. Thanks for the help.

Hi, with the new launcher Obique made, it is now possible to install the game WITHOUT disc's. Simply download the latest launcher, make a folder called anything you want, PSWG as an example and then click the launcher, go to the settings tab, it's the one with the slides on the left side, and then go to Local Path and set it to the folder you made. It will start a download/update which will get all the needed files into the folder to play. Afterwards you may need to click the Update button server browser, the ProjectSWG is the one you want to click. After the update, you should be set.

• Got the launcher downloaded tonight! ready to play but it appears that it is down? or is there a place where I can see server status?

Xuosinn Lok in game. See you there!

• Got the launcher downloaded tonight! ready to play but it appears that it is down? or is there a place where I can see server status?

Server status is shown in the Launcher

press ENTER key a few times. it should connect you to the login server then

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• Hi there. My launcher says Login Server: Constrictor. Should it be Project SWG? The Constrictor on the login page also says update when I attempt to log in I get to the screen to enter user name and password. I have changed my password 3 times in last day because previous advice was to do so. It continues to tell me that password is incorrect and the server is not available at this time...

• Hi there. My launcher says Login Server: Constrictor. Should it be Project SWG? The Constrictor on the login page also says update when I attempt to log in I get to the screen to enter user name and password. I have changed my password 3 times in last day because previous advice was to do so. It continues to tell me that password is incorrect and the server is not available at this time...

Try logging in now, Obique said he was going to try something out.

• Yay!!!! at character creation page now!!!!! tyvm. Now how do I pin launcher to start menu or desktop on win 10? I do not see it at all in my menu

• Yay!!!! at character creation page now!!!!! tyvm. Now how do I pin launcher to start menu or desktop on win 10? I do not see it at all in my menu

I have Windows 7, I can't help with that I'm afraid, plus the launcher is a jar file, so it probably can't be pinned to the toolbar.

• so you just click it in files on project web each time?

correct

just put it on desktop for example or keep it in downloads folder

it is a single file. remember that new versions will be auto downloaded and you then need to run the new jar file you just downloaded !

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• When I updated to Java 11, I lost the able to launch the launcher. I just won't open.

elimrealr4.jpg

Characters: Elmirea Runningstrider, Omarri
    Server: Bria
    Guild: Mansurus Ordo
    Years: 2007-2010