Go to update/download server from launcher, keeps failing. Fresh Install.

• Having an issue here. I downloaded Java 10, got the launcher working, but when I go to download/update any of the servers, it keeps going from "Requires Downloading" when I click to download the server (in this case the ProjectSWG NGE) to "5.77GB Required", it starts what appears to download/update, but then just stops. I can't get anything to update at all.

It just keeps saying "requires 5.77GB to download". Brand new gaming laptop so there should be no issue whatsoever unless I sperged out and did something wrong like the caveman I am. Pic below is what is happening. Also new to ProjectSWG, never downloaded anything, not SWGEMU.

Any help? ;(

• check you have the local path set in the Update Server section of the settings tab

Don't mind me I'll just lurk here

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• Well I had to completely uninstall Java because when I went to boot up my computer, Discord and Google suffered multiple Java Errors. Now when I try to even stay on Google Chrome I continue to receive Java script errors. From the messages and posts I wasn't sure which Java program to download, there was 9, 10 and other tools included with it. Does anyone know the exact Java Program, like a direct download or walk-through I am supposed to have?

I couldn't even launch the ProjectSWG Launcher even.

• I'm using Java JDK 10.0.2

Characters: Orz Fauz, Erov Ogmi, Melissa Mao, Aneirin, Itachi Yuutsu, Ozedr, Tipyn O'Pishyn

• Well I had to completely uninstall Java because when I went to boot up my computer, Discord and Google suffered multiple Java Errors. Now when I try to even stay on Google Chrome I continue to receive Java script errors. From the messages and posts I wasn't sure which Java program to download, there was 9, 10 and other tools included with it. Does anyone know the exact Java Program, like a direct download or walk-through I am supposed to have?

I couldn't even launch the ProjectSWG Launcher even.

what is your OS ? Windows ? Linux ?

What version ? Win 7 ? Win 8 ? Win 10 ?

64 bit ?

first uninstall ALL java stuff. reboot PC. then get the latest Java version for your PC and install it. after that reboot again and all problems should be gone.

SDK not needed

just go with SE kit ... since you are no developer and dont need all that tools in that package :)

• Ah sorry, had to a factory reset on my laptop and have spent the last day organizing my stuff.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit OS. I just got it a few months ago and it's one of Dell's "Gaming Laptops". I can give exact specs basically copy pasted if that helps

So I have no Java installed, this laptop is now just like it was being pulled out of the box, fresh from the factory, nothing installed except Microsoft Home Office and Google Chrome. Now when you say the latest version of Java, when I first did that the launcher would not launch, I got a runtime error. I thought I was supposed to get Java 9 specifically? Do you have an "exact" link as to what I am supposed to download specifically? Either I missed a guide how to install this properly, or I'm just having bad luck.

• Ah sorry, had to a factory reset on my laptop and have spent the last day organizing my stuff.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit OS. I just got it a few months ago and it's one of Dell's "Gaming Laptops". I can give exact specs basically copy pasted if that helps

So I have no Java installed, this laptop is now just like it was being pulled out of the box, fresh from the factory, nothing installed except Microsoft Home Office and Google Chrome. Now when you say the latest version of Java, when I first did that the launcher would not launch, I got a runtime error. I thought I was supposed to get Java 9 specifically? Do you have an "exact" link as to what I am supposed to download specifically? Either I missed a guide how to install this properly, or I'm just having bad luck.

Currently there hasn't been an updated install guide made yet, I need to get around to making that. The Java 9 you would need to download is JRE, the rest is for server development which you wouldn't need. Afterwards, once you've downloaded the latest launcher make a file folder anywhere you would like and name it anything (PSWG for example). Click the launcher and then go to the Settings, it's the tab on the left with the slides, then go to Local Path and select the folder you just made. It will then download the files you will need into the folder, and afterwards will require an update, after that you can log into the game using the exact login info you use for the forums.

You don't need any installation discs, it's simplified now. :)

• Currently there hasn't been an updated install guide made yet, I need to get around to making that. The Java 9 you would need to download is JRE, the rest is for server development which you wouldn't need. Afterwards, once you've downloaded the latest launcher make a file folder anywhere you would like and name it anything (PSWG for example). Click the launcher and then go to the Settings, it's the tab on the left with the slides, then go to Local Path and select the folder you just made. It will then download the files you will need into the folder, and afterwards will require an update, after that you can log into the game using the exact login info you use for the forums.

Ok so, to be clear as to not have to shoot my laptop out frustration, Java 9 JRE is no longer available/supported from the Java Website, I keep getting directed now to this: http://www.oracle.com/technetw…vase/downloads/index.html to download Java 10, and it shows:

Java 10 JDK
    Java 10 Server JRE

Java 10 JRE (ment Java 10 JRE)

So.. which one do I get exactly? Java 9 doesn't seem exist, but Java 10 does and there are two JRE's. And by latest launcher you mean ProjectSWG Launcher? I guess I downloaded an old one or is there a specific link I have to click the get the latest one? Looking through threads or trying to a dedicated Guide seems to turn up years old information that is marked (outdated).

Sorry for the back and forth here, I want to make sure that I do this absolutely right as to avoid either my laptop completely crapping itself (since I do my business on it at the same time) or un-necessary rage and frustration from something so simplified that I just give up completely.

Edited once, last by CY-M ().

• Java JRE

• I believe Java 10 should work also, just the JRE. As for the launcher itself, it's in the filebase tab, Project SWG Launcher, Download from external URL, click the check box for license agreement, submit, and your got yourself a jar file to download.

• Helpful

Ah sorry, had to a factory reset on my laptop and have spent the last day organizing my stuff.

Java SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2 on page

or use direct download link

http://download.oracle.com/otn…0.0.2_windows-x64_bin.exe

• Currently there hasn't been an updated install guide made yet, I need to get around to making that. The Java 9 you would need to download is JRE, the rest is for server development which you wouldn't need. Afterwards, once you've downloaded the latest launcher make a file folder anywhere you would like and name it anything (PSWG for example). Click the launcher and then go to the Settings, it's the tab on the left with the slides, then go to Local Path and select the folder you just made. It will then download the files you will need into the folder, and afterwards will require an update, after that you can log into the game using the exact login info you use for the forums.

IGNORE, I am a sperg, I completely missed it. Starting the updates now!

Edited once, last by CY-M: I'm a dummy. ().

• Alright so I got about 8 minutes into the updating, and it just stopped. Froze. I could click off, go to settings and such, but once it got to around 7.98% finished, it just stopped, and said "Requires Downloading." I have done something wrong or did I miss something?

Also to everyone helping me out, thank you, I appreciate it.

*Edit*.

It keeps getting to around 40% complete. Stops. Says need updating, I can't click anything and then have to click exit out of the launcher, and start all over again. Any help on this?

*Edit/Update*
    Also my folder I made is already on my Desktop, I'm trying to download ProjectSWG and it just keeps stopping and saying to update....

*Edit/Update*

This is the 11th time I have tried to install either, ProjectSWG, Local Host, or Constrictor. And each time it fails, freezes and I have to start over. I have remade the file, deleted it, deleted the launcher, re-downloaded the launcher, started the download on all 3 servers over again, made a new file in in my C drive, made a new file on my desktop when switching to a different location didn't work, over and over and over again. It still keeps freezing, stopping, then saying I need to update again and then not allowing me to click on the dang update button, forcing me to close the launcher, and do this is all over again for nearly 2 hours..

I'm seriously at my wits end. No matter what I try to do, it gets to either 8%, 40%, 51% then just stops.. Completely.

Edited 3 times, last by CY-M ().

• Let me ask the other guys about it. Quick question though, which one are you trying to update? Project SWG NGE is the only one you can use, plus how long did you give it to download? Whenever set up the launcher, I generally set the Path folder and then let the update do it's thing while I do something else, and when I do come back, it's done. It may take awhile to download, and I've seen it pause itself, but it eventually does complete it.

• Let me ask the other guys about it. Quick question though, which one are you trying to update? Project SWG NGE is the only one you can use, plus how long did you give it to download? Whenever set up the launcher, I generally set the Path folder and then let the update do it's thing while I do something else, and when I do come back, it's done. It may take awhile to download, and I've seen it pause itself, but it eventually does complete it.

I'm updating the middle option, ProjectSWG, game version NGE. But yeah I left it alone each time, didn't even touch my laptop and just went out to pick up some groceries, come back and it's at roughly 45.77% and figure it should be done within the hour. Come back 20 minutes later, it's gone saying I need to update, which I can't click it as if it's frozen, and have to exit out of the launcher and start all over.

I just made a new folder, called Project SWG Update Folder, on my Desktop. I just started the updating for Project SWG NGE, and it is at 9.89% and moving.

• I'm updating the middle option, ProjectSWG, game version NGE. But yeah I left it alone each time, didn't even touch my laptop and just went out to pick up some groceries, come back and it's at roughly 45.77% and figure it should be done within the hour. Come back 20 minutes later, it's gone saying I need to update, which I can't click it as if it's frozen, and have to exit out of the launcher and start all over.

I just made a new folder, called Project SWG Update Folder, on my Desktop. I just started the updating for Project SWG NGE, and it is at 9.89% and moving.

Alright, hopefully that will complete. I'll have to get on a install guide ASAP since people are asking more than ever now. Maybe a video as well... Maybe.

• Alright, hopefully that will complete. I'll have to get on a install guide ASAP since people are asking more than ever now. Maybe a video as well... Maybe.

Honestly if it freezes again, I'll just wait an hour. If doesn't budge or continue updating then I'm pretty much screwed. It's at 32%, and I'm expecting it to freeze any minute now, I swear it's like watching a damn bomb with no timer on it, you know it's going to explode, you just don't know when. At some point I'm going to throw said bomb out the window due to immense autistic rage from being denied my glorious space Mauser C96.

I actually heard about this project through /v/, I guess with TOR on decline because BioWare Employees are pretty stupid and how "modern" gaming has turned into propaganda trash, people are going back to their roots. What I'm trying to say is, I'll keep supporting this game even if I can't play it! Just knowing SWG, what it was before the shutdown is still up and going due to dedicated fans, warms my heart.

*Edit*
    YUP. It froze again, going to leave it alone and see what happens.

Edited once, last by CY-M ().

• Honestly if it freezes again, I'll just wait an hour. If doesn't budge or continue updating then I'm pretty much screwed. It's at 32%, and I'm expecting it to freeze any minute now, I swear it's like watching a damn bomb with no timer on it, you know it's going to explode, you just don't know when. At some point I'm going to throw said bomb out the window due to immense autistic rage from being denied my glorious space Mauser C96.

I actually heard about this project through /v/, I guess with TOR on decline because BioWare Employees are pretty stupid and how "modern" gaming has turned into propaganda trash, people are going back to their roots. What I'm trying to say is, I'll keep supporting this game even if I can't play it! Just knowing SWG, what it was before the shutdown is still up and going due to dedicated fans, warms my heart.

*Edit*
    YUP. It froze again, going to leave it alone and see what happens.

I'll let the guys know about the freezing, Obique might have an answer... maybe.

• I'll let the guys know about the freezing, Obique might have an answer... maybe.

*Edit*

I left the download alone for 2 hours and it just started back up and downloading, I was able to get on, make a character and access the blue frog. Figured I'd at least report back, I have no idea why it just froze, and then an hour later picked back up and started downloading. Thanks for the help everyone! Quick tidbit, not selecting "play tutorial" when making a character makes it stay on a constant loop of "creating character" over and over, and I had to cancel and go back to make another character.

Time to have fun! Thanks again Tosteto, Undercova and Mad-Macs, I appreciate the help!

*Edit*

Almost forgot, where do I go to adjust the screen size? I'm at 1920x1080, and when I load in, SWG is sharp, but appears to be fitting to a 800x600.

Edited 3 times, last by CY-M: It worked. ().

• It should be within the settings, I wouldn’t be able to show you, I’m about ready to go to bed, it’s a tab on the right side within the settings... a tab with three bars... maybe, I forget. Glad to hear you made it ingame, the tutorial box hasn’t caused anything in that regard from my experiences, not sure if it’s a known bug or not.