Login problem on Local server

• Hello!

After a long pause, I tried once again to get a local PSWG server up and running and with partial success.

The server starts up, but cannot login.

What I did to get this far:

1) updated the repo with SourceTree

2) updated Gradle and JDK to the latest versions

3) Built the project with Gradle 'gradle build' without errors

4) Ran the server with command '"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10.0.2\bin\java.exe" -Xms512M -Xmx4G -jar G:\pswg\holocore\build\libs\Holocore.jar'

5) This threw an exception about mongodb

6) I could not find any info on this, so I installed the free, community version of the MongoDB, along with the Compass GUI

7) ran the 'gradle build' again, also tried 'buildNeeded' and 'buildDependencies'

8) Server starts up, though saying '..loading 0 players..'

9) Ran the client with the latest launcher, used localhost

10) tried to log on with holocore/password and an account I added to the login.db admin/password, but console and log say 'cannot login due to invalid user/pass'

The mongodb got populated with something during the second build, but for example it's nge.users it empty.

Attached are a screenshot and the log. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

• There will be an answer from Obique about this today or the next few days :)

We switched to MongoDB some time ago which made it a lot easier for us to run/maintain the database stuff.

Afaik Tosteto will also post a video tutorial about this very soon too

• Thanks for the Reply!

So, the problem is that my mongodb is quite empty?. Should it be populated with something during the build? If not, but needs to be populated manually, I propably would only need an example CSV or JSON about it's contents?

Part from the login issue (not finding any users on the mongodb) everything seems to be working just fine, it connects to the mongodb no probs with the default installation settings.

• Thanks, the last screenshot is what I was looking for! I created the user to the mongodb with those fields and now I can log in!

My mongo is auto starting with windows, and it's up and running, was just missing that default user for some reason.

The next issue arised straight after that though: Login get's stuck after providing the credentials and the console output throws an another exception 'Fatal Exception while processing intent: InboundPacketIntent'. This could relate to the forwarder? I will look into that next.

• Thanks, the last screenshot is what I was looking for! I created the user to the mongodb with those fields and now I can log in!

My mongo is auto starting with windows, and it's up and running, was just missing that default user for some reason.

The next issue arised straight after that though: Login get's stuck after providing the credentials and the console output throws an another exception 'Fatal Exception while processing intent: InboundPacketIntent'. This could relate to the forwarder? I will look into that next.

i am running Obi his latest code plus the latest forwarder that is not live yet

but the current forwarder/launcher should work with the current TC code

• My fork won't work without the latest forwarder. How often does that exception come up? It should be very rare, and only if you try to connect before Holocore begins booting completely (There's a race condition somewhere, the only side effect is a failed log in attempt). If you wait 10 seconds or so after Holocore starts it should work.

bc4l2rt.png

• Obi, this happens every time, as I just got the server past the authentication phase with Undercovas help.

Actually it might not be the forwarder at all. I just re-read from the repo that: 'If you are using the

launcher, you do not have to worry about this. If you are not using the launcher, follow the guide here.' And I am using the latest launcher, so do I need the forwarder at all?.

And now, looking at the logs a bit more, there are references to the forementioned mongodb among other things. Could it be that my db lacks more than just the user data? Is there any way to rebuild on top of existing in a way that would populate the db?

Or it could be something totally different .. Attached is the relevan part of the log.

Thank you guys so much for the active assistance!

Files

• log.txt

(5.26 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
  • Today I wiped my local repo, db and started from scratch in hope of getting the server running.

Pulled a fresh copy from the QA branch, but ran into issues pulling the 'pswgcommon', for which I had to create a separate 'repo' inside holocore and pull that one separately. Once I got all the stuff pulled, gradle tests failed until I noticed that holocore's .gitmodules was empty and missing the pswgcommon.

After this I managed to build ok with gradle and/or Intellij.

But still the same persists when trying to log in, error in console/log Fatal Exception while processing intent: InboundPacketIntent. Could this because of the forementioned probs with the pswgcommon/jlcommon?

Anyhow, pulling Obi's build now to see if I'd have any more luck with that one.

• Got also Obi's fork to build&run ok, but as it uses TLS, the launcer is unable to connect. Any chance of getting access to the forementioned forwarder version which supports this?

• :happy2:

Thank you UC, it works with the latest Launcher and Obi's build:

Last time I managed to run the server a while ago, it was not possible to get rid of those spawn boxex. Do you is it possible now?

• They are only visible in God Mode.

xI45L74.png

• I read that they'd be visible only on godmode and tried /setgodmode bit it didn't change anything. Should this work also in Obi's fork, which I am now running?

Also my client started crashing constantly when zoning in for some reason, I am just now rebuilding the clientside from scratch.

• I read that they'd be visible only on godmode and tried /setgodmode bit it didn't change anything. Should this work also in Obi's fork, which I am now running?

Also my client started crashing constantly when zoning in for some reason, I am just now rebuilding the clientside from scratch.

Anything you changed ?

Even a fresh character ?