After a long pause, I tried once again to get a local PSWG server up and running and with partial success.
The server starts up, but cannot login.
What I did to get this far:
1) updated the repo with SourceTree
2) updated Gradle and JDK to the latest versions
3) Built the project with Gradle 'gradle build' without errors
4) Ran the server with command '"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10.0.2\bin\java.exe" -Xms512M -Xmx4G -jar G:\pswg\holocore\build\libs\Holocore.jar'
5) This threw an exception about mongodb
6) I could not find any info on this, so I installed the free, community version of the MongoDB, along with the Compass GUI
7) ran the 'gradle build' again, also tried 'buildNeeded' and 'buildDependencies'
8) Server starts up, though saying '..loading 0 players..'
9) Ran the client with the latest launcher, used localhost
10) tried to log on with holocore/password and an account I added to the login.db admin/password, but console and log say 'cannot login due to invalid user/pass'
The mongodb got populated with something during the second build, but for example it's nge.users it empty.
Attached are a screenshot and the log. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated