ReVamp the player cantina

• I've used the TRE explorer and import the meshes for the cantina into blender 2.79 My goal is to remove the interference that stops an object from being placed on the bar counter top. My first look at the mesh shows that the object bar counter top is joined the object that is above the bar, along with being joined to areas of the floor and some areas ceiling. I might be able to seperate them. If I'm successful how would I submit this for review and testing. Hopefully I would not effect any texture, shaders or collision that is already applied.

• There are two options when it comes to adding objects to the world. The first is as you describe with modifying the appearance, and pushing it with the clientdata. The second is to create the object server-side using something called buildouts.

If you choose the first option, just send the updated file(s) to us (Undercova or myself) and once we verify it won't break anything nor be otherwise inappropriate we'll include it for download.

bc4l2rt.png

• He isn't talking about the game world. He is talking about inside the cantina building object.

Mos Eisley cantina is an unique object. Only used 1x in the game so far.

we are able to add objects to unique objects as additional buildout objects in the game world or in the cells ...

AND we are able to add objects to all types of that building. like all tatooine cantinas. example is the cloning buildings ... or bazaars. like in the screenshot. all kind of objects can be put in there

• I've used the TRE explorer and import the meshes for the cantina into blender 2.79 My goal is to remove the interference that stops an object from being placed on the bar counter top. My first look at the mesh shows that the object bar counter top is joined the object that is above the bar, along with being joined to areas of the floor and some areas ceiling. I might be able to seperate them. If I'm successful how would I submit this for review and testing. Hopefully I would not effect any texture, shaders or collision that is already applied.

It wouldn't take much, other than someone re-exporting the "hitbox" or boundaries for the interior, with the changes they want....
    I totally know what you're talking about and it's always irritated me, that you couldn't place objects on the bar in the Player Cantinas.
    On that same note, I wouldn't mind seeing additional variations (or at least re-skins) of player City buildings, like Cantinas, Med Centers, City Halls, Shuttle Ports and Cloners. It can be done, and I have Plans of doing some New content like that myself, when PSWG gets to the point of being able to place Player Buildings (if I can manage to get some free time for it, by then).

I was also hoping maybe re-skin the interiors of different Buildings to at least match the motif of their exterior - Star Ports are the worst, when it comes to this. They all have Unique 3D Object interiors (possibly they intended to make them look unique one day), but they all use the same textures. It wouldn't take much to make new textures for each interior, now that most Graphic cards in modern PCs can easily handle the memory requirements for SWGs textures (and THEN SOME).

It seemed dumb that Theed was the only unique StarPort.

P.S. Did you know.... There's a Unused version of the Shuttle Port, in the TRE files (maybe from the Beta version of the game). It's enclosed; probably was supposed to have a forcefield around the Landing pad; and there's a small room that you enter for the Ticket Terminal.

• what filename ?

• what filename ?

It's two files - comes with a small box for an interior (cell)
    mun_tato_shuttleport_s01_r0_mesh_l0.msh
    mun_tato_shuttleport_s01_r1_mesh.msh

This is what it would look like, when assembled:

Maybe I'm wrong, and it's actually used in the game, but I swear I've never seen it before...

• Would probably be cool to modify that to have broken, crumbling walls to make it look like an old run-down, shuttleport that's fallen under disrepair; then put it out in some of those remote locations, like Mos Taike (non-functional), or replace the working ones in Anchorhead and Wayfar with it - those places seem like their shuttleports might not get enough maintenance.
    Heck, maybe even have a longer Shuttle-timer for some of those locations, while we're at it.

On a similar note, might also be cool, to have some simple rusty/cracked/charred/Graffiti/weathered textures that we can add to separate .shader files that are used for Player structures/Installations, to make each structure actually look abandoned or run-down, when a player falls behind on maintenance. I figure if Harvesters catch fire and smoke, everything else can have some effect applied to it, when they run out of maintenance.

• sry maybe I should have described this a little better. On the pre nge servers a player that has a placed a cantina in a city can drop items like a basket and move it up and on the bar counter in the players cantina. On the nge servers the item when it is moved to try to position it on the bar counter gets a invalid location message. I think there must be some kind of collision in place that prevents any item to be move into this area. The same collision seems to be in affect on the shelves on the wall behind the bar.

• sry maybe I should have described this a little better. On the pre nge servers a player that has a placed a cantina in a city can drop items like a basket and move it up and on the bar counter in the players cantina. On the nge servers the item when it is moved to try to position it on the bar counter gets a invalid location message. I think there must be some kind of collision in place that prevents any item to be move into this area. The same collision seems to be in affect on the shelves on the wall behind the bar.

Then it's very possible, the Pre-NGE servers have updated the hitboxes on their servers, so they can do that. Where objects can be placed/moved to in a building is defined by the server itself. (I was talking about the wrong ones in the first place)
    I don't think the "Source NGE" servers have quite figured out how to fix that, yet, since they'd have to dig though SOE's broken code just to find all the 5-10 (new and old) different ways it's defined.