New PSWG Launcher local server

• I am trying to find out. I have followed the video but what I want to do is have the local server run on one machine and the game on another. How do I set this up the guide was a little vague about a lot of setup for localserver. I also want to be able to play from my laptop sometimes when I am in my office so I am using a private vpn. I would love to set up a testing server of my own for me a maybe a couple friends to use but guess that is something totally different. Thanks for any help.

• Thanks, I have to start my broadcast at 9am EST tomorrow, was hoping to have it ready to go but if not I will find something else to do.

• is the server up? I log in and create a new character and pick profesion and then it does nothing...

Sha'kajir Udesiir/Amis Rook in game...let the mandalorians that survive thrive!

• is the server up? I log in and create a new character and pick profesion and then it does nothing...

local server ?

on TC ?

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• you mean this one ???

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• lol, the toon i tried to make just appeared on log in

• well ... tbh ... we need more info about this like the follwing ones

• what is your launcher version ?
    • what server did you select in the launcher ?

Test Center

• did you see any old toons in list ?
    • how far did your character creation process go ?
    • what is the text shown at bottom when you get stuck in loading into game world ? ("Generating terrain" for example)
    • were you able to spawn into game world fine ?

Localhost (local server installation)

• did you install the holocore code on your local PC ?
    • did you boot it up fine ? any errors in console ?
    • what is the text shown at bottom when you get stuck in loading into game world ? ("Generating terrain" for example)

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• Yeah, I last updated the launcher months ago. I logged in as usual and came to the character creation page. None of my previous toons were listed at all. I made it all the way through character creation 3 times, name, outfit, look, profession. ..that is where it got stuck. It never moved to the next screen. I exited out each time after 10 mins or so. The last time I tried I made the toon with the server look and name as it was and picked prof. That toon did complete. After that I attempted to make one again. this time the server told me the name I selected was in use ( the name I had tried earlier). I logged out and logged back in and there were both toons. I have no errors reporting on launch or load in. There is only one server to choose upon in creating a toon...holo one that I see. I am on launcher version 1.2.1 I see the noted that I can update to 1.3.1.

• I am updated with 1.3.1 launcher now

i guess that it caused those problems you had/experienced

does it work now ?

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• yes. i am all set. testing combat as a mando in eisley

Hope there is no wipe any time soon