LocalServer Setup almost ready...

• I've got a bad feeling about this....

So, I have spent some time getting my localserver up and running on a 2019 server, there were a few hurdles to leap, but I think it is there, at least it reaches a line where it says started.

Couple of issues though:

1) I can not find the config files such as network.cfg that people are mentioning on these forums, have they moved, or have I blundered badly somehow?

2) In the launcher the server shows as up however, when I try and log on I get stuck on 'connecting to login server' and the server terminal is spamming:

07-05-20 16:33:32.221 T: [NetworkClient] /10.0.0.29:57660 disconnected clientReason=UNKNOWN serverReason=UNKNOWN

07-05-20 16:33:32.315 T: [NetworkClient] /10.0.0.29:57662 connecting

with steadily incrementing port number.

I have turned the firewall off on the server...

Any thought on where I have gone wrong?

Many thanks in advance

• Welcome back :)

Did you follow this guide ?
    https://www.projectswg.com/wcf…elopment_guide_localhost/

1) we do not use cfg files anymore. it is all stored in the MongoDB. check the link i posted

2) sounds like that you still have TCP Encryption in your PSWG Launcher enabled. Go into your launcher settings and look in LOGIN SERVERS. select LOCALHOST and disable the check button for TCP ENCRYPTION. that should fix it

• I did follow that guide, with a few exceptions.

I used the git command line to download instead of sourcetree.

I imported the configuration text file as a config database, except that when I ran the 'grandlew run' it errored on that db, so I removed it and reran and the startup recreated the db along with a bunch of others. Do you think I should go back and reimport the text file now that the server created the db for me?

And also the pre-requsites called for mongodb compass, but I think it meant mongodb community (which has a compass interface with it).

I suspect you hit on my error with the TCP encryption, I'm pretty sure I saw that was on.

Also, I'm guessing that to add more users I just add them into the users db?

And a final question if I may. I see the bones of a management website in the files. Is that a work in progress or is it usable?

Many thanks for the help.

May the force be with you.

• addendum...

I also ran this query from the readme on the git which I think solved a login error I was getting on the run command. But I may have imagined that helping.

db.createUser({user: "holocore", pwd: "pass", roles: []})

• you dont have to import any text file afaik

the txt file only displays the possible configurations that need to be created in the package list

• addendum...

I also ran this query from the readme on the git which I think solved a login error I was getting on the run command. But I may have imagined that helping.

db.createUser({user: "holocore", pwd: "pass", roles: []})

There is a standard user at beginning with admin rights

if you want to add more ... do it via Mongo DB admin tool. ability to register new accounts outside MongoDB will be added by Obique at some point (near future as far as i know)