Question about development

• I've been wondering, how exactly is the development of this being done? By that i mean how are details about things like NPC spawns & dialogue, item locations, quests, drops etc known without access to the original code?

• I've been wondering, how exactly is the development of this being done? By that i mean how are details about things like NPC spawns & dialogue, item locations, quests, drops etc known without access to the original code?

This may not cover it all or be entirely accurate or how its actually done, but the SWG Wiki contains a lot of information about such things.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/SWG_Wiki

As an example; the legacy quest entry contains details about npc's and their waypoints and quite often dialogue, in addition to the quest progression and rewards, That in combination with in- game screenshots and youtube videos would give a lot of information to work with to re-piece it all together.

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

The post was edited 1 time, last by RylothFreedom ().

• This may not cover it all or be entirely accurate or how its actually done, but the SWG Wiki contains a lot of information about such things.
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/SWG_Wiki

As an example; the legacy quest entry contains details about npc's and their waypoints and quite often dialogue, in addition to the quest progression and rewards, That in combination with in- game screenshots and youtube videos would give a lot of information to work with to re-piece it all together.

I assumed it would be something like that as the pre-cu EMU is also basing their work off of gameplay from the time. I thought there might not be enough to go on for some things though, there seems to be quite a bit of information missing, at least from the Wiki.

• I assumed it would be something like that as the pre-cu EMU is also basing their work off of gameplay from the time. I thought there might not be enough to go on for some things though, there seems to be quite a bit of information missing, at least from the Wiki.

You're right - lots of information is missing. Sometimes we have to go by our memories or ask around.

• You're right - lots of information is missing. Sometimes we have to go by our memories or ask around.

Is there any sort of collecting of gameplay/screenshots like the EMU does?

• Like some sort of central image/video database? If so, no.

Yeah, because pre-CU was so long ago and it's getting harder to find out about certain aspects of the game, the EMU asks players to submit videos/gameplay/screenshots that they think could help. This is NGE though so it's not quite as difficult to find things.

• Yeah, because pre-CU was so long ago and it's getting harder to find out about certain aspects of the game, the EMU asks players to submit videos/gameplay/screenshots that they think could help. This is NGE though so it's not quite as difficult to find things.

preCU was like 10 years ago. PCs werent that great. Video capture in the beginning

our NGE version stopped 4-5 years ago. we have quite a few sources from youtube and other stuff that helps us A LOT

a great source is SuperVaderMan => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL485CDF01E8993C3A

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• preCU was like 10 years ago. PCs werent that great. Video capture in the beginning
    our NGE version stopped 4-5 years ago. we have quite a few sources from youtube and other stuff that helps us A LOT

a great source is SuperVaderMan => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL485CDF01E8993C3A

I'm a bit surprised anyone did an actual lets play of SWG, even more so that there's quite a lot there!

I should upload the few bits of gameplay i have but last time i did that the in-game music was flagged.

• I should upload the few bits of gameplay i have but last time i did that the in-game music was flagged.

That would be appreciated :) Definitely watch out for the Star Wars soundtracks. If you're uploading solely in order to help out, you can skip audio entirely if you wish.

• That would be appreciated :) Definitely watch out for the Star Wars soundtracks. If you're uploading solely in order to help out, you can skip audio entirely if you wish.

I think most of what i have is either just footage of my house or other players'. For some reason i also got some videos showing all the TCG cards and all the items i had in storage, I have no idea why i took those really. I doubt any of it will be useful but i'll upload them if i can anyway.

• I think most of what i have is either just footage of my house or other players'. For some reason i also got some videos showing all the TCG cards and all the items i had in storage, I have no idea why i took those really. I doubt any of it will be useful but i'll upload them if i can anyway.

Items with their names, appearances and stats is very helpful.

• nah its ok guys

our database is already up for all kind of items :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I've got a ton of screenshots somewhere I can dig out if that's of any help.