Login stuck

• This new launcher is causing problems for me.

Installed it on top of the old one, as advised, but that didn't work.

I have done a completely clean install now, deleted the old projectSWG folder, and installed the new 0.9.2 version.

Still does not work. ?(

It just hangs there when it says the *server is open.......*

I have a suspicion that my launcher might not be attached to proper directories....?

Is this correct?

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• Ryloth, everything looks the same for me under client, so I don't think that's your issue. When I deleted my old PSWG folder and did a clean install, it didn't work quite right, so maybe you'll want to get those back, I'm not sure.

My issue is that the game is stuck on "the connection to the login server is now open". Is this your issue Ryloth?

It looks like other people had the same issue as me: Stuck on Connecting to Login Server

Perhaps the server just needs to be rebooted?

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

The post was edited 6 times, last by McSidious ().

• Reboot didnt help

we are in dev chat right now and many of us can log in fine ... but a few cant. trying to figure it out now

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• Reboot didnt help
    we are in dev chat right now and many of us can log in fine ... but a few cant. trying to figure it out now

Okay, well thank you very much for trying to figure this out.

• I was able to log in without issue.

Just tried it, still doesn't work. It is strange that some of us are affected and not others...

• I CAN login now.

But it was a bit of a faff. I had to shunt back and forth several times between *connecting to server....* and the initial load screen using the back <<< and forward >>> buttons at the bottom. Eventually it connected me.

As a test:

1) I logged out to the character screen and it had no problem logging back in.

and as a further test:

2) logged out of the game completely and managed to log back in without problem.

Seems as though there might be some kind of problem initialising the link to the server, but after that everything is okay?

Hope this helps in some way. :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by RylothFreedom ().

• Oh man you're lucky! My problem is still persisting, but I shall persist as well!

Can you explain in some more detail what you did to get connected in more detail? I'm not exactly sure how you did that.

Anyway, I'm glad you got in! Hopefully I'll get in soon and it won't be an issue from there.

As a quick thought for a dev out there, is there any possibility that there's something wrong on my end, such as the wrong launcher or not updated game files? I just downloaded the 0.9.2 launcher yesterday and it should've patched my game so I don't think that could be it.

• Oh man you're lucky! My problem is still persisting, but I shall persist as well!
    Can you explain in some more detail what you did to get connected in more detail? I'm not exactly sure how you did that.

Of course.

This is, I think, the order it happened in:

To start with It just hung there like it had been doing recently with the box saying *connecting to the server....* but doing nothing.

So I used the <<< button and then tried to log in again. This time it got me as far as the game load splash-screen (the smaller one one with the *loading objects/terrain etc circle* ) but didn't log me in, instead zapped me back to the character select screen.

So I tried to log in again (and it just hung there like it did before)

Once more I used the <<< button and then tried to log in again, and this time it went to a different load screen this time (the widescreen one with the load bar that fits across the whole screen: like the one that loads when you are already logged into the game but you are just changing area in-game). This time it did log me into the game!

I have just tried again, and can confirm that I can log in with no problems now.

All I can suggest McSid, is just to keep re-trying. Hope that works for you. :)

As said before it seems as if a bit of persistence is needed to make the initialisation with the server, after which it then seems to know what its doing.

• Ah I see, thank you for the explanation! It seems like you got past the screen asking for your username and password with no problem then, right? That's the screen I'm stuck on, I can't even get past the log in screen to get to the character selection.

On this log in screen, all I can do is input my username, password, press exit, or press next. If I press next, I get "The connection to the Login Server is now open..." and it stays on that. If I press cancel (the only option available), it goes back to the log in screen. If I press next again, I get "The Login Server is currently not available. Please try again later." If I press cancel again I go back to the log in screen, and if I press next again, I get the "connection is now open" message and it just repeats over and over the same two messages.

Did you have this issue? It seems like you got past this part luckily. :/

Anyway, thank you for the help and I will keep trying. If I can get past this one stage, I'm sure I'll be able to play. I'm pretty sure I won't get anywhere this weekend which is okay. I'll just try again next time!

• I have discovered another problem......

I can log in okay now, but if I use the interplanetary travel from the Starports the game crashes back to character selection screen. :thumbdown:

When I log back into the game it will place me at my new destination however :thumbsup: , but the loadscreen is as if I am still at my precious destination.

For example if I travel from Tatooine to Tallus:

If I click on the ticket travel droid at the Tatooine starport , it takes me to the Tallus loadscreen as per normal, but the game crashes to character selection screen as soon as the load bar is full.

If I log back into the game, the loadscreen says Tatooine, but actually I arrive at Tallus.

• You actually aren't crashing. What's happening is your client isn't sending any packet for several seconds, and the Forwarder thinks you disconnected. When the Forwarder disconnects, it properly shuts down the client connection (bringing you back to the character selection screen) as well as the server connection. I did not anticipate the client not responding for such a long period of time, and a fix is on the way.

When you relog and it spontaneously works again, that's because your client is behaving better and responding to packets now that it's loaded the required dependencies.

• You actually aren't crashing. What's happening is your client isn't sending any packet for several seconds, and the Forwarder thinks you disconnected. When the Forwarder disconnects, it properly shuts down the client connection (bringing you back to the character selection screen) as well as the server connection. I did not anticipate the client not responding for such a long period of time, and a fix is on the way.

When you relog and it spontaneously works again, that's because your client is behaving better and responding to packets now that it's loaded the required dependencies.

Okay. Thanks for explaining that. :)

Is there anything I can do, my end, to do anything about this?

The post was edited 1 time, last by RylothFreedom ().

• Okay. Thanks for explaining that. :) 
    Is there anything I can do, my end, to do anything about this?

Yep! If you or anyone else sees things going anything less than perfect, please report it! With as much detail as possible. Every piece of information helps improve the experience for others as well.