Norton and 0.9.2

• I sincerely doubt you guy's would knowingly add a Trojan in to the new launcher but every time I download and or install it, Norton has a fit and deletes the new launcher files, just wanted to let you guy's know in case some one out side of the dev team thought they would be cute and corrupt the download.

• I sincerely doubt you guy's would knowingly add a Trojan in to the new launcher but every time I download and or install it, Norton has a fit and deletes the new launcher files, just wanted to let you guy's know in case some one out side of the dev team thought they would be cute and corrupt the download.

It's a known issue, but thanks for voicing your concerns.
    You can get Norton to stop removing it, I forget exactly where to go, it's in a list of removed programs and downloads. It would also be smart to add the launcher to the trusted programs on Nortons firewall. Also, excluded it from scans Norton may perform.

It's also important to note that there is no trojan or virus of any kind. All of the code is open source here for anyone to see.

• Sometimes Norton can be a bit over protective, it thinks any form of weird behavior coming from a .exe is a virus, especially when its from not very well known group. It even thinks EQ2's client is a virus, even though I know it isn't.

elimrealr4.jpg

Characters: Elmirea Runningstrider, Omarri
    Server: Bria
    Guild: Mansurus Ordo
    Years: 2007-2010

• It's not only Norton.....

But also other Internet protection seems to be wary ( I use Kaspersky) and it gives me a stern warning that *This application could damage your computer*

As we all know however the excellent PSWG team would never knowingly do anything nasty to us :D

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus