[FINISHED] Content contributors/helpers needed !

• Hey
    as you have already recognized we are working hard on adding NPCs into our galaxy. But since there are so many NPCs ingame we need your help to get it done faster. Our focus so far was mainly on Tatooine and dungeons all over the galaxy.

How can i help ?

- get to a town or dungeon in galaxy
    - check youtube or other sources for NPCs you want to add
    - press ctrl + shift + G to open a special window that gives you additional information
    - move your character on top of that waypoint you have
    - check the little window about more detailed coordinates

in this case your character is inside a building. in world coordinates you are at X=3385.2 Y=5.0 Z=-4609.2 (-3 is for direction headed to)
    your character is inside the cell "lobby01" with a relative coordinate of X=-6.4 Y=0.0 Z=-13.1 (29 direction headed to)

for now you only have to report the world coordinates and the cell name. our small team will convert the coordinates and cells and then put them into our spawn tables.
    try to name the NPC as accurate as possible. name the building if possible... like Cantina Mos Espa. our team will check for the specific building_id then.

put in your data like Kurz did some time ago. you should be able to edit your own suggestion ticket too
    NPC /// Tatooine - Jabba's Palace

the more you help the faster you get access to our "Content development chat channel" and ofc a special trophy here on forums :thumbup:

Corellia: Done /// DAK
    Dantooine: Done /// Kurz
    Dathomir: Done
    Endor: Done /// Qlliz
    Lok: Done 
    Naboo: Done /// Kurz
    Rori: Done /// McSidious
    Talus: Done
    Tatooine: Done
    /// Undercova + Kurz

Yavin 4: Done

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• What's the "Content development chat channel" for?

I'd like to help so i'll have a look and see if there's anything i can find to do this.

• What's the "Content development chat channel" for?

a place where the little helpers and our coding related team members are in

we chat about:
    - npc placements
    - structure for future features like quests ... planets ... items ...
    - all kind of stuff that is content related
    - quality assurance related stuff like checking the placed npcs. if they are correct. what is wrong.
    - coordinate the work
    - and more

this chat is not meant to just hang around
    if you are not contributing to the development you get kicked or removed :) simple

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• Just to check I've got the right idea before i get started on anything, it's just a case of finding a source showing where they used to be and then standing in what appears to be the right spot? Obviously you want it as accurate as possible, but it seems a bit difficult for the random NPCs that no one got the actual coordinates of.

• Just to check I've got the right idea before i get started on anything, it's just a case of finding a source showing where they used to be and then standing in what appears to be the right spot? Obviously you want it as accurate as possible, but it seems a bit difficult for the random NPCs that no one got the actual coordinates of.

Great source: SuperVaderMan youtube channel

SWG Wiki: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/SWG_Wiki

and many more

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• I'm up for doing some of this, but....

Where do I report the coordinates + cell name exactly?

In a chat window in-game or on this website?

I am quite happy to start placing all pilot trainers for start.

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

The post was edited 1 time, last by RylothFreedom ().

• this is an example

afaik Kurz already put them all in. but our TC version is from 1 week ago so it is not up to date. better choose a planet that no one is working on :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• So is this just for static NPCs, or should we include the ones that roam around?

mostly static npcs

there are also combat npcs that roam around ... but those can be really flexible .. depending on their origin
    it is different for npcs inside bunkers/caves/dungeons ... they are mostly static and have a "fix" coordinate

Ph2zuj0.png

Guild:
    HAWK

• this is an example

afaik Kurz already put them all in. but our TC version is from 1 week ago so it is not up to date. better choose a planet that no one is working on :) 

I obviously didn't make it clear what I was asking.

WHERE do I PUT the information?

ie: WHERE do I write it?

For example:

My character is currently standing at [ 4764 -4794 ] Moenia, Naboo, to report the placing of V3-FX Vortex Squadron Trainer.

I open the CRTL+shift+G panel.

What do I do next? where do I type the information?

• The link to the ones Kurz did has them posted to the Bugtracker, so it seems like you should just submit them to that. Just create a new suggestion there and put all the information in it.

• The link to the ones Kurz did has them posted to the Bugtracker, so it seems like you should just submit them to that. Just create a new suggestion there and put all the information in it.

Edit: I think I worked it out now.

• I don't know how to do that.
    Is there some special channel or command in the in-game chat for submitting that?

If I go to the bugtracker part of the forum there is no obvious way to write anything there.

Click on bugtracker from the menu on the left side, then click on one of the links under the "suggestion part" (e.g. Implemented). That'll bring up that section, and then at the top there's a button for "Add a suggestion". Just click that and you add them there.

• Click on bugtracker from the menu on the left side, then click on one of the links under the "suggestion part" (e.g. Implemented). That'll bring up that section, and then at the top there's a button for "Add a suggestion". Just click that and you add them there.

Yeah I think I worked it out now.

I'll start doing all the Pilot trainers on Naboo.

• Yeah I think I worked it out now.
    I'll start doing all the Pilot trainers on Naboo.

I'm afraid to say Ryloth that I've completed all the Space Trainers and Chassis dealers a few days ago.

• It would be helpful if there was an actual list of what's already been done and what NPCs we shouldn't do.

Yes that would be helpful.

• I'm afraid to say Ryloth that I've completed all the Space Trainers and Chassis dealers a few days ago.

Did you do any other types of NPC's in Moenia?

• I'm happy to help out too if needed, would you guys prefer these to be found from screenies or videos, or could I also use SWG Legends as a resource for npcs (while its around).

Cheers,

Corm