[FINISHED] Content contributors/helpers needed !

• I'm happy to help out too if needed, would you guys prefer these to be found from screenies or videos, or could I also use SWG Legends as a resource for npcs (while its around).

Cheers,

Corm

They use all three I believe.

In terms of videos, this is the best source possible, since it catalogues nearly the entire game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL485CDF01E8993C3A

If you have screen shots or can find some, those are greats sources too.

The wiki is a great, if somewhat incomplete, source: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/SWG_Wiki

And finally, SWGReborn/Legends is probably a good source too. I can't think of a reason to question the accuracy of the NPCs on there, but just in case, it may be best to use an original source if possible. Maybe a dev could weigh in with their preferences on this one. I do believe one of the devs said that they often use Reborn as a reference for how things were, so that should be good enough reason for you to do so too.

It's nice to see you wanting to help out! Anyway, I hope that helps.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• And finally, SWGReborn/Legends is probably a good source too. I can't think of a reason to question the accuracy of the NPCs on there, but just in case, it may be best to use an original source if possible. Maybe a dev could weigh in with their preferences on this one. I do believe one of the devs said that they often use Reborn as a reference for how things were, so that should be good enough reason for you to do so too.

When I did the Dathomir trade/science outposts I used SuperVaderMan's videos and the wiki plus a few personal screenshots. Then I thought I would double check with legends, and noticed that they are in fact missing quite a few NPCs as well, mostly named ones (the commoners were all there).

So I'd say it might be a good idea to double check with another source.

• When I did the Dathomir trade/science outposts I used SuperVaderMan's videos and the wiki plus a few personal screenshots. Then I thought I would double check with legends, and noticed that they are in fact missing quite a few NPCs as well, mostly named ones (the commoners were all there).
    So I'd say it might be a good idea to double check with another source.

The source code is from early 2010, and falls somewhere between the Nym's Themepark but before the Witches of Dathomir update. So everything after that point will have to be done with good old fashioned research.
    I can't remember the exact update, but it's about a solid year before the Sony hack. I think I posted it somewhere (probably the old forums) It was literally, like 2-3 hotfixes/updates short of WoD.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DAK ().

• Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to have at least one or more solid sources b4 posting any locations then. I'm currently decorating 3 rooms in the house atm so not able to get at the PC, but as soon as I can I'll get stuck in :)

• Big NPC update will be pushed to TC within the next few days :)

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• The source code is from early 2010, and falls somewhere between the Nym's Themepark but before the Witches of Dathomir update. So everything after that point will have to be done with good old fashioned research.I can't remember the exact update, but it's about a solid year before the Sony hack. I think I posted it somewhere (probably the old forums) It was literally, like 2-3 hotfixes/updates short of WoD.

But it still seems like other stuff is missing as well, went to endor and both outposts were almost empty except for 3-4 NPCs. Or am I just stupid? :D

Big NPC update will be pushed to TC within the next few days

That's great!

• But it still seems like other stuff is missing as well, went to endor and both outposts were almost empty except for 3-4 NPCs. Or am I just stupid?

We're inputting the NPC's manually into the database, so we've started at the most important areas of the game first like Tatooine. More people will see Tatooine than Endor.

• We're inputting the NPC's manually into the database, so we've started at the most important areas of the game first like Tatooine. More people will see Tatooine than Endor.

Ah, yes, but I was talking about Legends, that it's not always a good source cause they are missing stuff too.

• Ah, yes, but I was talking about Legends, that it's not always a good source cause they are missing stuff too.

Oh sorry I misread, I thought you were talking about the current state of the PSWG TC.

• So, is there still help needed on this..? And if so, what planets/areas? I have some spare time everyday that could be put into this, if there is need for it

• Thanks for offering your assistance guys.

@Undercova?

Question.

On Rori, Restuss. Besides the city missing, the bases for the Imperial and Rebel Commendation Quest Givers are missing, including the NPCs themselves, is this something I report with the location of the NPCs or do I just skip it and work on a different location?

• ill contact you guys tomorrow and send you links

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I Just made a character today, it's been awhile since I played but I can tell you I do remember there being more npcs than that outside Mos Eisley.. there were over 40 of the bugs in clusters.. they would cluster those bugs on the outskirts and I didn't check but at the one end of Mos Eisley was the gangsters. There were only a few Rills mixed in with the insects so it's about right and there were craptons of Tuskans near the tents outside Mos Eisley by where you follow the quest to pick up the parts to get your first crappy speeder.

• After I get to 90 i'll look around, majority of what I can remember about Tatoonie aside from those outside Mos Eisley, you run into a lot of Hutt gang members, their rivals, that one tech group that was just outside Mos Eisley in the bunker.. forget what their names were, Eopa or those camel looking npcs however the name was spelled, there were bantha's, there were those sabercats.. i'll have to get the names of them but I can give you a better idea if I log into SWGemu. Since they have a more accurate npc that was pretty much similar to NGE. Ah and the rats, don't forget the stinky rats!!! :P

• The only thing I hate about Pre-CU is the fact you can't tell if your making progress LOL.. you either die or don't die and not dying = progress XD

• I also remember how the guards worked in Mos Eisley, it would start neutral. If a rebel player killed the neutral guard they lost faction but in it's place, rebel guards would respawn. If imperials killed the rebels, imperial guards would respawn in their place. If rebels killed the imperial guards then rebels would respawn in their place. If neutral killed either guards, it would return back to neutral. It was amusing watching the guards kill people :P