How did you get into SWG?

• So, how did you get into swg?
    I'll start off, I was around 14 years old, year was 2008 and me and my friends had been into Star Wars for a few years. Me and a friend bought (after playing a lot of battlefront on ps2) the Star Wars Best of PC game collection, which included a 14 day trial of SWG(not all versions of best of pc had this), and after just a few days we were hooked. :lightsaber:

• Like you I did the 14-day free trial and just TOTALLY fell in love with the game straight away.

A complete Star Wars Geek already of course, I was.....

I spent a fortnight of sleepless nights endlessly hand-sampling/gathering resources and crafting like mad: I had never had a such an immersive game experience. I *set up camp* at one of the crafting stations on Yaavin at the mining shuttleport and just couldn't drag myself away from it. I loved the complexity of the crafting system, and managed to get my character to about level 70 I think before the 14 days expired.

I was devastated when I realised that I couldn't continue: those were the days when SOE didn't accept certain types of credit cards, and because I was in the UK, I simply had no way to turn my trial account into the real deal. I had to wait about another year or more before I could create a permanent account: made a crafter and got into making Star-ships. :)

:xwing::xwing::xwing::xwing::xwing::xwing::xwing::rebel_pilot:

That initial love of the crafting system in SWG remained with me all through the time I played Galaxies: and I VERY MUCH look forward to doing it ALL again. :D

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• I was at my grandparents house watching TV when a commercial for SWG came on, it was the one with the actual players explaining what you could do in the game, and by the end of commercial I immediately was on a mission to get it. The next day I went to Best Buy and got the Rage of the Wookies pack, and began my 15 day journey in the CU. This was in July 2005, so the NGE hadn't happened yet. My time to play was limited due to a Boy Scout trip, it was an event that only comes every 5 years, so the 15 days I played were like no other. After the event, I forgot about SWG until later on after the NGE hit. I started over for some unknown reason, and eventually started over again when the Complete Online Adventure came out. That's when my experiences in SWG truly began.

• I went into a game shop in 2005 and saw SWG: Total Experience on a shelf, picked it up and bought it without realising it was an MMO. Got home and to my surprise it was, so I tried out the free trial that came with it and wandered around creating CDEF carbines while running around as a Marksman (I had no idea what I was doing), few months later NGE hit.

• A friend and myself were at Best Buy (popular electronics store here in America) looking for a new game. At the time, I had no idea what mmo's were, I mostly played console and pc games. This was early '07. He being a long time EQ and WoW player suggested SWG as he knew I was looking for a new Star Wars game. Bought it, played it until its closure.

• I had recently asked who is now my girlfriend out. A few weeks after asking her out I went to her house to hang out. She greeted me at the door and invited me in. She walked into her living room and to her computer. I walked up and asked what she was up to. On screen she was flying around in space in a z95. Me being a space and star wars nut. I instantly wanted to try it out. She let me sit down, create my own toon, and it just took off from there. Started playing in late 2004 early 2005 to shut down. I'll never stop playing this game as long as it's possible to play.

• I had recently asked who is now my girlfriend out. A few weeks after asking her out I went to her house to hang out. She greeted me at the door and invited me in. She walked into her living room and to her computer. I walked up and asked what she was up to. On screen she was flying around in space in a z95. Me being a space and star wars nut. I instantly wanted to try it out. She let me sit down, create my own toon, and it just took off from there. Started playing in late 2004 early 2005 to shut down. I'll never stop playing this game as long as it's possible to play.

Ditching a girl for SWG, the right choice! :thumbsup:

• I first found out about the game around 2005 when someone gave me the starter kit. However, at the time, my pc wasn't connected to the internet and so I never played it. I did read the manual again and again though. In 2007, I finally got to play it at my friend's house and I was hooked. I remember playing Tansarii station and loving space and freaking out when I saw a droideka! I then played it several times at another friends house and yet another friend's house, but I never actually owned it myself until 2008 when I finally had an internet-capable computer (crazy, right?). From then on I pretty much fell in love with the game. I bought the game guide that was irrelevant because of the NGE, but I still loved reading every detail anyway. I played almost every summer through winter, then I would get bored, cancel my sub, and then pick it up again in the summer and fall in love again! I remember thinking at the time that it was the best game I would ever play, and for some reason, that still remains true.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• Ditching a girl for SWG, the right choice! :thumbsup: 

Now she tries to come up with all these excuses why I can't play. Things like 'we need to make the car payment' or 'you cant keep breaking into people's houses to play'. But watch - when I get out on bail I'll show her lol.

On a serious note - we played together for the longest time. Until the NGE hit and she quit.

• A friend of mine was playing SWG already and told me I should check it out. Now don't get me wrong I'm not a huge Star Wars movies fan but I loved
    everything about the game. Prior to SWG I was playing MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries a shoot em up game based on two legged mechs with weapons and loved it but
    SWG consumed me shortly after I purchased it. I believe I started playing 2 or 3 months before the CU and kept on playing after the NGE hit. I remember
    farming gurk lairs on Lok with my friend to help me level. I leveled one toon to 90 and the next thing you know I have four accounts with nine toons (1 elder acct.
    I bought from a guy I worked with). Anyway, I have longed for the return of this game since its death and I can't wait to be a part of the best MMO I have ever
    experienced again.

• I was about 8 years old watching my closest Uncle Play SWG Pre-CU or before the Game enhancements it's when everything was harder etc..

He was a Jedi Knight even back then when you had to go through the Village and everything like that..

I remember he had a crazy set up on Dantooine and i'd watch him run missions and I just remember Pikets everywhere and those Cavemen guys etc..

I always wanted to Play Star wars rather than go outside and play as a kid.. at that time I didn't really have a computer that could run star wars so i'd always go there to play
    until I finally got a computer that could run Star wars at like 5 FPS etc.. And I was just hooked up from a very young age and played mostly through NGE because of my age etc

I remember and played NGE the most etc which I think might be a good thing.. although I see why Pre-CU and the original game was much more diverse and complex.. NGE even though it's toned down and simpler it seems more fun in a combat sense at least for me.

Republic Jedi Master/Bounty Hunter
    a Force for good that can't be stopped.

• Friend introduced me to it when the game was in pre-cu, tried playing Marksman and wanted to get stormtrooper armor, got my ass handed to me by a womprat lol. I did actually start playing for myself until 2007 when I installed a 14 day free trial that game in the star wars game collection I had originally only bought for Republic Commando. Ended up falling in love with the game.

• I remember he had a crazy set up on Dantooine and i'd watch him run missions and I just remember Pikets everywhere and those Cavemen guys etc..

The Kungas. :-p

• It's a pretty boring story compared to others here, really.

My brother and I had always been into Star Wars. He and my father came home with a copy of the game one day.

I was 10 years old at the time and didn't know a whole lot of English. I didn't really know what I was doing the majority of the time and yet somehow managed to become a Jedi.

• It's a pretty boring story compared to others here, really.

My brother and I had always been into Star Wars. He and my father came home with a copy of the game one day.

I was 10 years old at the time and didn't know a whole lot of English. I didn't really know what I was doing the majority of the time and yet somehow managed to become a Jedi.

ZIggy is truly God of SWG. We must pray to him to get good in PvP.

My story is pretty dull too. I was around four or five and saw my uncle and dad playing the game. I tugged on my dad's sleeve and he let me on his lap to watch him play. (His desk was too high for me to see!) My young mind was captivated by the explosions and pretty effects (mind you, this was in Pre-CU) and I asked my dad if I could play. He let me screw around in character creation and I managed to make a fat and tiny male twi'lek entertainer. I then ran around Theed jumping like crazy and swimming in the water. It astounded me. Eventually as I got older I got more into the game and eventually got my own account.

• Oh nice memories... i remember me searching a game of SW, star wars empire at war , love that game and i remember to google... 2006-2007 if i remember well... then i found SWG... as a child i just go to download the trial, ( in these days i doens't know what mmorpg means...) i remember my first steps into the game... fall in love, i think i just enter when NGE was implemented if im not mistake anything... i remember a lot of people talking about what shit is nge ingame.. xd and me doing the legacy for first time...without knowing anything about what i need to do, since im not english and the game was not traduced...but as a mmorpg found there spanish poeple and then the history begun..... what memories... all my chillhod it's on this game.

• bought the starter kit for myself for xmas 05, but didnt play because of the subscription cost. played kotor sith lords for about a month straight til i finally gave in. kotor was cool but just not enough freedom for me. originally i was drawn in by the bh profession, spent the next few months just trying to figure anything out. it was like everyone i talked to was either a new player and didnt know or an old player that didnt care. everything was new or broken. looking up info on it was a nightmare, the stuff i found was always old and either partially right or not applicable anymore. for the most part all i heard about was how the game was broken and ruined now, very discouraging. til i met the right people, took me a couple months of course but when it happened this game went from that mess to being something mysterious and exciting.

• Was 13 when I first got on, was playing Empire At War, saw an ad for it and tried to 14-day trial. Loved it, bought it the first day I could. Got all the expansions and went to work up until the bitter end.

That and my fascination with the EU, Prince Xizor, Guri (lulz..), the Blacksun in general made me love it that much more. Oh the joys of being a smuggler and soloing the Kubaza Beetle Caverns and that really annoying/constantspazhealing Kubaza Queen...

• I remember I'd tried WoW at one point and didn't get too far with it, only to around level 30. The only other MMO i'd really played other than that was Runescape. I was looking around for another MMO to play and came across SWG. The 14-day trial was awesome, i spent so much time on Tansarii station and knew i'd really enjoy the game so i even got my brother to start playing. I think i started during Chapter 5 and i played it most days until around march 2011 before stopping, but resubbed a few months before it shut down to get some videos and screenshots. I wish i'd taken more screenshots along the way, i don't have much except of player's houses that i liked.

• I bought it for my youngest son the Christmas after it was released. He had to play it on my computer because his did not have the graphics to handle SWG. His brother and I watched him play. At the time he and I were into Diablo II. It is amazing that one can still play Diablo II, even after III came out. Getting SWG was a bit of a shock at first because I was use to the Diablo servers being free. Anyway, time passed. It was really watching .Hack//sign that got me personally interested in MMOs, and SWG in particular. By then I replaced their computers, and my older son and I started to play. I was first, and that was just before NGE. I think I played it a couple times before NGE. I was very confused about what to do at first. The switch to NGE helped, but then it turned my younger son's world upside down. I have told stories elsewhere about how I'd asked "So how do I gain experience as a trader?" and my son would say "go out and gather resources." "That's not working!" "Well it use to." We figured out the changes. Eventually, we formed GORF. Good times. You only have those types of experiences once, and to go through it with my sons made it extra special, even though I was always trailing behind them. I taught them that sometimes dads are just slow and clueless.