Just a thought for now....

• Would it be possible for regular Joe's like myself to be granted the fastest run speed possible while we explore the world(s) ?

:r2d2_scan:

• Would it be possible for regular Joe's like myself to be granted the fastest run speed possible while we explore the world(s) ?

:r2d2_scan: 

For the most part players rely on mounts/speeders/or atmospheric flight to navigate a world quickly.
    The only exception would be Jedi/Sith using Force Run abilities.

• For the most part players rely on mounts/speeders/or atmospheric flight to navigate a world quickly.The only exception would be Jedi/Sith using Force Run abilities.

I think you misunderstood slacker.

I believe he is asking for run speed to be increased right now temporarily so that he and "regular Joe's" can explore the world without having to waste a bunch of time, since they cannot teleport like the admins can right now and exploration is the only real thing people can do.

I'm not a dev or anything, but I'll ask in the dev chat to see what they think/can do.

I suppose it would be doable, but at the same time it would make things a little... awkward unless the fast run can be turned on/off.

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• Your request is doable, however giving everybody access to admin commands is not ideal.

So the question becomes whether or not we want to implement vehicles now, or when we planned in GU4. Since every dev is currently working on a higher priority feature (Combat, Groups, Entertainers, etc.) we won't implement vehicles right away.

After combat is implemented we can talk about this again if you'd like, but I think it'll solve your problem of not having anything to do but explore.

• Hey McSidious, I haven't heard from you in awhile.
    From what I understand shuttles and star ports are enabled to give free travel,
    & while walking/running everywhere is tedious it was the only way Pre CU.
    There where no mounts, no bikes, nothing but Scout Burst Run.
    Since there is no combat/mods/aggro per say, just point yourself in the proper direction and hit the Num Lock key.

• Hey McSidious, I haven't heard from you in awhile.
    From what I understand shuttles and star ports are enabled to give free travel,
    & while walking/running everywhere is tedious it was the only way Pre CU.
    There where no mounts, no bikes, nothing but Scout Burst Run.
    Since there is no combat/mods/aggro per say, just point yourself in the proper direction and hit the Num Lock key.

Hello there!
    Yeah, there are shuttle ports and star ports to get people to the big places, but there are places that are far from any shuttleport that I imagine people wouldn't want to have to walk to. Still, walking + num lock is a viable option for now. Remember, life's not about the destination, but rather about the journey there ;)

Formerly known as Camer from Intrepid, and later from Starsider

• hello everyone,

Depending on how fast is fastest, would there be lag as the world loads and renders? I imagine if the detail was turned way down, it would render faster. Just curious.

• We thought about granting players the command ... but to get it done and work ... a bit of work is needed. also the amount of ppl that want this feature is very little :P

nevertheless you have already the option to travel around FOR FREE!! :D

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• I support not granting the ability if it requires more than making a quick switch in the code. I'd rather the devs focused on the more important things. Ultimately, as I have proven multiple times, I don't mind running my toon all over the galaxy. She eats too many meatball subs any way. lol

• Absolutely....if it's a pain in the ass forget about it......

I don't want the admin codes.... I figured you DEVS could just make it server wide and if we didn't want it on we could turn it off ourselves.

It was just an idea!

• I support not granting the ability if it requires more than making a quick switch in the code. I'd rather the devs focused on the more important things. Ultimately, as I have proven multiple times, I don't mind running my toon all over the galaxy. She eats too many meatball subs any way. lol

Whoa wait a minute! When were meatball subs implemented into the game?!? :P

"Don't follow me,...I'm lost too!"