Launcher not starting

• Hey guys, i downloaded the launcher and it patched and everything and as soon as i press play nothing seems to happen? its just as if the program died. I dont think its my computers fault because it is a relatively new laptop. any ideas or suggestions?

• Did you install the original SWG ?
    and set it in the launcher ?

Ph2zuj0.png

Characters: Bipolei (Officer) /// Undercova Brother (Medic)
    Server: Europe - Infinity /// Europe - Farstar /// Europe - Chimaera
    Guild:
    HAWK

• Hi... I'm new to the forum, but not new to SWG. Loved playing the game when it was live.

I've played around on various PreCU SWG servers that are up, but learnt that this server runs the NGE, which I'd also like to play again.

I've downloaded the launcher, clicked setup and told the launcher where my Galaxies files are.... however, when updating, it gets to 'Scanning source 245' then I get an error saying 2645.01 MB required yet I have 114GB of hard-Drive spave available?.

I'm I missing something, or installing incorrectly? Would really appreciate some advice on getting this working.

Many thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jixton ().

• I had the same problem. Fixed it by removing the Check at
    Launcher -> Settings -> Launchpad -> "Close after Launch".
    Dunno why, but it works now.

Edit: I can see the "Spawn Areas" around all the NPC's. Is that supposed to be like that? When I logged in the last time, everything was normal :P

• I can see the "Spawn Areas" around all the NPC's. Is that supposed to be like that? When I logged in the last time, everything was normal :P

It's supposed to be like that for now, yes. Eventually only admins will be able to see them.

• It's supposed to be like that for now, yes. Eventually only admins will be able to see them.

Ah alright!
    I thought I screwed something up :P

Thanks for the fast response! :D

• Hi - Can I just ask - I've installed the launcher, and it has downloaded all the files it requires (all 200+ of them), but I then shut down my PC. now I can't seem to get the launcher to ...well, launch! It starts to, but then shuts down and saves an error log (attached)?
    Any idea?
    Cheers

• Hi - Can I just ask - I've installed the launcher, and it has downloaded all the files it requires (all 200+ of them), but I then shut down my PC. now I can't seem to get the launcher to ...well, launch! It starts to, but then shuts down and saves an error log (attached)?
    Any idea?
    Cheers

Running the launcher in administrator mode if you're on anything above Windows XP might help. The launcher may not have the necessary permissions to create/delete/modify files.

• yeah I did try that, but I Afghan not sure I tried taking the compatibility down to XP. I might try that.
    If I reinstall, would it recognise that all the downloads are there already, So avoiding the need to download? I have 200Mbps, but it still took a while...