Your Favorite Event?

• My favorite event was actually a player made Fashion Show called Project Sunway in Sanctum City on Sunrunner, which I contributed to with a 4 million credit donation to the winners, and a crate of spice. We had a band play between intermissions, and there was also a raffle for all attending players, I ended up winning a broad egg. I actually have a few pictures I'll post later.

• Remembrance Day for the Rebel Alliance (if that was the correct name?).

In Coronet right at the end of the City, A huge crowd of people, the Millennium Falcon landed and the guys came out to greet everyone.

I remember getting a medal form Princess Leia. (but only just got it because the lag was so heavy with there being so many people).

Was awesome :D will never forget it.

:dancing_wookiee::rebel_pilot:

(ps: a Princess Leia Smilie + Milennium Falcon smilie would be nice btw......)

OIt9slp.jpg

I am one with the force the force is with me   ~ Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus

• Remembrance Day for the Rebel Alliance was nice. My son and I would go there and wait for Leia. He had been called before and when I was eventually called, I freaked out "What do I do? !" and my son says go up to her and bow. So I go up and type /bow. Nothing. "It's not working!" He asks did you bow? "Yes!" He indicates it should have worked. Then she leaves. I missed it. Then my son came over and explained that I had to "bow" from the radial menu. "Oh."

That was not the first time I was at odds with the SWG interface, but the way I see it, when you play with your sons, your suppose to be a bit stupid when it comes to video games.

I did eventually get the Champion title. I also use to log in with my female Wookie, Bessie-Lu. She would walk over to Chewbacca and flirt with him. He never stuck around and she would chase after him back to the Falcon. Just having a bit of fun.

Oh, and the lag. I remember that as well.

• That looks utterly fab Tosteto.

Obviously some fashion/colour mods happing in there. Would be great if we could have those kind of additions when PSWG all happens. :D

OIt9slp.jpg

• That looks awesome, Tosteto!!! :o

It was well cordinated, the only time there was any trouble was when some yahoo from a guild with a bad reputation on our server decided to attempt to crash things, which was short lived. Aside from that one incident, the event went on for a couple hours and was very enjoyable. I don't recall the winners names, but I do remember there was one winner who dressed as Mara Jade and actually had a disappearing act during their performance, which at the time I thought was clever. It's things like these that really get people to be creative and make almost anything possible in this game.

• I seem to remember that confusion with the *bow* command. ;)

It was great to meet Wedge Antilles too. :D

OIt9slp.jpg

Edited once, last by RylothFreedom ().

• I seem to remember that confusion with the *bow* command. ;)
    I can't remember properly, but was it Remembrance Day event that also had other characters such as Wedge Antilles and some others that gave special quests and awards? I remember getting that lovely Leia Painting, and I'm pretty sure there was a wedge painting too?

Yes, Wedge gave a quest that eventually rewarded you with a poster of him. There's also Mara Jade for the empire side as well.

• Yes, Wedge gave a quest that eventually rewarded you with a poster of him. There's also Mara Jade for the empire side as well.

Thanks. I just edited my post after looking up the event on SWG Wiki.

OIt9slp.jpg

• I can't remember very many of the event activities themselves, but the rewards from Empire day were quite nice. I especially liked that decorative box of chocolates for some reason.

I remember that there was also TK-555 during the event, the only fat stormtrooper in the game, who was also mentioned in one of the candy descriptions, I believe it was the Order 66 Cookies.

• Of the official events? Life Day. As campy as it was, there's something really cool about the big tree spraying glowy confetti everywhere.

And the first year of Life Day, there was a scripted NPC who told the story about it, and it was unexpectedly beautiful. It took the silly basic premise from the Holiday Special and made it something much deeper. I actually wished it was an element of the human December celebrations.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm biased.

The "Wanderhome Galaxy Radio" fog party which I had scripted beforehand and had the aid of the GM's. It was held one day before the Aurillian Village revamp went live. Somewhere upwards of 100 players all came to the edge of the (then closed off) Aurillian perimeter to dance to music and play games in the Dathomir fog. A "stone henge" kind of structure had been placed there as well to mark the location of the festival. And then near the end of the party, Mallachai showed up with an army of Sith Pirates and DJK's and it turned into a total bloodbath with foes assaulting the stone henge from all directions. Everyone loved it and to make it even cooler, it created the feeling that the patrons were the ones who personally captured the dark force wielder. The "old man" appeared afterward to congratulate everyone. On Starsider's personal CANON, it turns out that the Aurillian fog barrier had been erected to keep the Sith pirates out, and the village was under siege ever since. The efforts of the partygoers resulted in the defeat of the the pirates and the capture of Mallachai, which meant the fog could be lifted and the village reopened.

• Sounds amazing, thanks for sharing this. On a side-note, I found an interesting video recapping a players experience in SWG, it's about an 1 hour and 10 minutes long with both videos combined, but it's rather interesting to listen to. You can listen to it when you've got nothing better to do :p

• I stopped listening to it and turned it off as soon as he started whining on about *how the good old days of swg blah blah blah was turned into some simple combat game like Everquest*.

What people like this need to realise is that there was far more to the game than combat.

OIt9slp.jpg

• I stopped listening to it and turned it off as soon as he started whining on about *how the good old days of swg blah blah blah was turned into some simple combat game like Everquest*.

What people like this need to realise is that there was far more to the game than combat.

I hated the NGE when it hit and left for a while. Ended up coming back anyhow.

What's amazing is that even in its gimped state with far less profession diversity, the game still had far more depth than any other.

And looking back... the NGE was actually pretty cool. I haven't seen a combat system in any other MMO that so beautifully combined the mechanics of old-fashioned RPG turn-based combat with the adrenaline rush of an FPS. I've seen many games try to do what the NGE did, but they all seem to fall short.

That's definitely the thing that annoys me about "nge-haters" the most. Not liking the changes to the combat/classes is perfectly fine, but they make it seem like that's all that mattered in the game and there was nothing else to it. SWG is one of my favourite games of all time because of all the non-combat things there was to do, there aren't any other MMO's that do those things as well as SWG did.