Yeah, I saw that on Twitter this morning, and as it is sad to see this happen, now that McSidious has brought this up again, it brings me to being concerned.
I think PSWG is fine for now, you guys have a couple things going for you...
1) You guys don't advertise PSWG much, unlike Apeiron which was working hard to sell themselves. Now the other SWG servers... some of them have been known to talk to the press, so hopefully they don't sink the boat for everyone.
2) You guys are an emulator for a game that is abandoned and unplayable, whereas KOTOR is still a supported, publicly sold title.
3) You guys aren't using Star Wars assets, logos, or other IP on your website/twitter/etc. so you're not appearing to be official. The only IP related stuff is within the game itself and that isn't any different from any other Star Wars mod out there (which seem to be more or less officially sanctioned).
4) You're still requiring the base game to play this (although I'm not sure about this anymore with the new launcher?).
^Not sure this legally makes a difference anyway.
5) You guys are very under the radar for now.
So, hopefully this is enough to differentiate PSWG from Apeiron. You guys aren't trying to make this seem like an official Lucasfilm game, you're just trying to make playable a game that we all bought, subscribed to, and played for years and which we deserve to play again.